Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 HD Remake

KornKombat

Since they are just going to have the UMK3 HD Version they should add the MK3 exclusive stuff with UMK3. For example:

The Bank and Hidden (Red) Portal Arenas should be added to UMK3 HD since these where only in the MK3 Version.

Sonya's Friendship was different in MK3 where she moved her arms back and forth in a weird goofy way and in UMK3 she did her win pose and flowers grew out of the ground. I think in UMK3 HD she should have both of these Friendships.

In UMK3 there is no MK3 Bios, only Bios of the new added characters exclusive to UMK3, I think in this UMK3 HD Version we should have Bios for everyone in the game. Also MK3 has full body portraits where UMK3 Bios do not, I think we should have full body Portraits back for everyone in the game.

MK3 Endings had Original art pictures for the endings and UMK3 had Versus Screen pics, I think we should have our Original Art Pictures back for UMK3 HD.

MK3 Noob Saibot used a Kano Shadow and in UMK3 Noob Saibot used a Ninja Shadow, I think in UMK3 HD we should have both, either at random or different ways to fight these 2 versions.

MK3 Wavenet and UMK3 Wavenet you where able to put in a code to play as Noob Saibot, I think UMK3 HD should be based off the latest version of the game in arcades which would be the wavenet version, there for I think Noob Saibot should be playable, and actually both versions MK3 Kano Shadow and UMK3 Ninja Shadow.

In UMK3 you have to cycle thru all the UMK3 exclusive arenas twice before being able to play thru the MK3 arenas, this I think is a horrible design, made since in arcades b/c they wanted people to see what was so new about UMK3, but now its just annoying, They should all MK3 and UMK3 cycle thru once, maybe even mix up the order for UMK3 HD Version.

Rain in the UMK3 intro should still be there even if they dont use him for the game, but would be really kool if they decided to make him playable in UMK3 HD, but I doubt it.

I cant wait to get this game and play thru it and see what they decided to fix or change or what they left the same. Hopefully they have thought about this and made a true solid UMK3 that contained all the MK3 exclusives, but only time will tell.

Very good thread :)

Yes, it's really important for me too that this UMK3 version get some of the best MK3 features ! It's sad that they didn't do this job for the DS version !

I totally agree about UMK3 backgrounds : they're not interesting, and it really gets on my nerves to cycles twice before getting (a few) old MK3 arenas !!

And i also want the bios pictures and the finishing pictures (as seen in MK Trilogy, for all characters) to make a Komeback in this exclusive PS3 version !!

...but the best would be EXTRA HIDDEN characters : Johnny Cage, Raiden and Baraka are missing in UMK3, but were added in MKT : it would be Awesome if we could play them in UMK3HD!!!!! Totally Awesome !

I wouldn't mind seeing all-new or enhanced finishers. No extra characters or anything like that. If that's the case, just make UMKT HD

When characters get dismembered, I'd want them to fall to the ground. For example, when Kung Lao throws his hat to decapitate Sheeva, I'd want Sheeva's body to fall to the ground and not have it stand there like a statue. It's one of the worst features in the MK3 series to see a dismembered body stand like a statue.

First off I will say I would think that many things will not be changed in this version. That's just my guess, but I don't want people to be disappointed when their 15 year old games are not fixed. As long as they play the same way and look better, I'm happy.

Here's my more complete thoughts on that note, as they were good ideas.

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthre...-Bio-1-The-Pit?p=160144&viewfull=1#post160144

But here are my thoughts on your thoughts:

The Bank and Hidden (Red) Portal Arenas should be added to UMK3 HD since these where only in the MK3 Version.

The Bank I believe was removed due to memory, and the Red Portal became the blue/purple portal. This should be able to be fixed.

Sonya's Friendship was different in MK3 where she moved her arms back and forth in a weird goofy way and in UMK3 she did her win pose and flowers grew out of the ground. I think in UMK3 HD she should have both of these Friendships.

Goofy looked, well Goofy. Good fix there, and you WONT get both. ;)

In UMK3 there is no MK3 Bios, only Bios of the new added characters exclusive to UMK3, I think in this UMK3 HD Version we should have Bios for everyone in the game. Also MK3 has full body portraits where UMK3 Bios do not, I think we should have full body Portraits back for everyone in the game.

MK3 Endings had Original art pictures for the endings and UMK3 had Versus Screen pics, I think we should have our Original Art Pictures back for UMK3 HD.

This was purely a memory issue as well, something they could address easily. Sadly I bet they just use the VS picture across the board. One less image to make HD. I wonder how different the VS pictures will be? Hmmm...

MK3 Noob Saibot used a Kano Shadow and in UMK3 Noob Saibot used a Ninja Shadow, I think in UMK3 HD we should have both, either at random or different ways to fight these 2 versions.

MK3 Wavenet and UMK3 Wavenet you where able to put in a code to play as Noob Saibot, I think UMK3 HD should be based off the latest version of the game in arcades which would be the wavenet version, there for I think Noob Saibot should be playable, and actually both versions MK3 Kano Shadow and UMK3 Ninja Shadow.

I doubt you'd get both Noob Saibots, but it'd be interesting if they dug up the WaveNET source code and used that as the basis for this game. A playable Noob Saibot would be awesome, but would likely remain a Black Ninja as he should be. Kano was just a stop-gap measure.

In UMK3 you have to cycle thru all the UMK3 exclusive arenas twice before being able to play thru the MK3 arenas, this I think is a horrible design, made since in arcades b/c they wanted people to see what was so new about UMK3, but now its just annoying, They should all MK3 and UMK3 cycle thru once, maybe even mix up the order for UMK3 HD Version.

There is a big technical issue especially with the emulation plus netplay. I really wonder what they'll do. I'd love to see a random or mixed up stage rotation for Versus play, but it becomes problematic with online play. Anything has to be better than the 360 version's always on the same stage "feature".

Rain in the UMK3 intro should still be there even if they dont use him for the game, but would be really kool if they decided to make him playable in UMK3 HD, but I doubt it.

I cant wait to get this game and play thru it and see what they decided to fix or change or what they left the same. Hopefully they have thought about this and made a true solid UMK3 that contained all the MK3 exclusives, but only time will tell.

You wont get Rain, I doubt anything substantially new will be added. Even going basing it on WaveNET would be a stretch for this project. But who knows.

To be quite honest, I'd be happy with ports, not emulations, of the first 3 games as they are. Shock noted that UMK3 on 360 had some input lag, but I'm not sure about MKII.

I hope they'll make the fatalities outcome more realistic. No need to see on the floor after a brutality for example, 5 pairs of legs, 3 heads, 7 pair of arms and 2 torsos...

To be quite honest, I'd be happy with ports, not emulations, of the first 3 games as they are. Shock noted that UMK3 on 360 had some input lag, but I'm not sure about MKII.

The 360 definitely has input lag and I honestly don't get why, even with emulation and upscaled sprites. It runs better on MAME than it does on the 360, and my computer's about 3 years old and nothing special. With HD sprites, porting almost seem like a necessity unless they get the emulation working a lot better.

MKII on PSN is def a better port than the UMK3 port on 360, in terms of input lag/button delay. But thats about it.

In related news, for Super SF2 Turbo HD Remix has AWFUL input lag/button delay on the PSN port but the 360 version is way better. It was never patched on PSN, but yet the game is still played on PS3's at nearly every tourney for the game, which doesnt make any sense.

Last time I played UMK3 on 360 was when I had an awful AQUOS LCD that had enough lag to drive me crazy, so I couldn't tell. With MKII, there is rarely an opportunity to do anything useful online except poking and turtling :p

In related news, for Super SF2 Turbo HD Remix has AWFUL input lag/button delay on the PSN port but the 360 version is way better. It was never patched on PSN, but yet the game is still played on PS3's at nearly every tourney for the game, which doesnt make any sense.

Probably 1-2 frames? But don't get me started on Capcom's efforts overall on PS3. I get it when other companies that sell less on the thing dedicate less resources, but not with them. They sell more, and just don't care (DMC4 was the only exception)

SSFIV has anywhere from 1-3 frame lag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yW3CQ_5FE

By comparison, Namco did a helluva lot better job with the 360 conversion of T6. It has a few random 1 frame lags there and there, but it's solid.

Last time I played UMK3 on 360 was when I had an awful AQUOS LCD that had enough lag to drive me crazy, so I couldn't tell. With MKII, there is rarely an opportunity to do anything useful online except poking and turtling :p

well thats just MK2! lol

Probably 1-2 frames? But don't get me started on Capcom's efforts overall on PS3. I get it when other companies that sell less on the thing dedicate less resources, but not with them. They sell more, and just don't care (DMC4 was the only exception)

SSFIV has anywhere from 1-3 frame lag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6yW3CQ_5FE

By comparison, Namco did a helluva lot better job with the 360 conversion of T6. It has a few random 1 frame lags there and there, but it's solid.

yea its worse with the PSN stuff it seems too. oh well :/

^ i dont get what the differnce is

It just means that when you press a button or execute a command, it's not as quick as it should be. In other words, it takes longer for the input to register and the animation to start on screen.

In the SSFIV vid above, when the number on the top of the screen is zero, it means that there is no lag. You can see that the move hit the opponent a bit faster compared to the PS3 where there is a difference of 2-3 frames of animation.

When characters get dismembered, I'd want them to fall to the ground. For example, when Kung Lao throws his hat to decapitate Sheeva, I'd want Sheeva's body to fall to the ground and not have it stand there like a statue. It's one of the worst features in the MK3 series to see a dismembered body stand like a statue.

YES! That irritated me as well! Just seeing them stand there was so stupid. You just had your goddamn head cut off, FALL DOWN.

Either way, though, I wouldn't mind if they did keep most of it the same. Improvements are great but if they leave little things like that in, meh, I just care that the games are as good as the originals.