Reputation as TRMKarma?

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Well I decided to make the Forum Reputation level a bit more interesting. It's now getting images similar the the old TRMKarma system. Right now using some MK3 Kombat Kode icons, What do you think of it?

I may make other changes to reputation in the future, so be sure to give reputation to both good and bad posters on the forums. So start using the system heavily to influence others to do better as well.

To give a user Reputation on a post, hit the little Star badge under their post. Be sure to tell them why they did a good (or bad) job as well.

With Reputation, we all can make TRMK a better place!

I don't see any special icons yet.

I remember the old TRMKarma days. People with negative rep were not frowned upon though. Some wanted negative rep for the fun of it. But I would like it to return.

I don't see any special icons yet.

I remember the old TRMKarma days. People with negative rep were not frowned upon though. Some wanted negative rep for the fun of it. But I would like it to return.

Do a browser cache refresh, since I used the same file names you may not see them. Let me know if that fixed it.

The down side now about having really negative Reputation is it may get you banned. Moderators will be using negative reputation to determine bans for problematic users.

What if 1 or 2 people keep hitting "I disapprove," because they just don't like you?
How does that help, if you ARE making VALID points?
Can the moderators sift through the messages, and make a better determinations based on validity of statements?

It just seems like ANYONE can give you bad ratings, even if you don't deserve them.

What if 1 or 2 people keep hitting "I disapprove," because they just don't like you?
Can the moderators sift through the messages, and make a better determinations based on validity of statements?

It just seems like ANYONE can give you bad ratings, even if you don't deserve them.

Very good points. If you feel your Reputations are unfounded, please contact the moderators and we can and will adjust them. But the system already has checks in place to prevent most of this from happening. Also the lower ranked the person is, the less likely their reputation will do anything. But again if you see abuse, let the mods or admins know and we can handle it.

The other thing if you are doing good positive things, then a few negative hits wont hurt your rating. Negative users can't throw negatives onto others as well. It's kind of complex, but it is a really well built system. The better you are and regarded by others, the more powerful your reputation is as well. Being good pays off, and that's what we want to encourage.

Last edited:
I'm also thinking we'll be using the TRMK Reputation system to judge users to award certain things like special user images like the new ones that the moderators and admins got today. Would users like this?

I prefered the old system. Just because I had alot of it. And it made me look more involved than I actually am. :D

Who cares? They're coloured boxes in a forum. If people are getting butthurt over getting red squares from a random person on the internet, they should really re-evaluate their lives. It doesn't make you any less of a person in the real world if you have red rep in an online forum.

This is why rep gets taken away in forums. Too many people crying over red squares. Don't even pay attention to it. Use it properly and if other people don't, who gives a shit, really, since these things usually do get abused but, either way, it's online rep, it means nothing, it's just nice to have people acknowledge your good posts and funny to see the bad rep comments.

I dunno about the system on here, but from my experience on other forums, you can't give one person rating after rating after rating. You'll get a message saying you have to "spread the reputation around" if you've already given someone rep without giving it to several others. It eliminates one person singling out another just to help/damage their rep. If a bunch of people on the forum slam their rep, it goes down, but that's kinda the point, no?

I like it, BTW.

Well I decided to make the Forum Reputation level a bit more interesting. It's now getting images similar the the old TRMKarma system. Right now using some MK3 Kombat Kode icons, What do you think of it?

Your reputation level system is well thought of. I've only seen the MK logo & skull though, are there other icons?

I prefered the old system. Just because I had alot of it. And it made me look more involved than I actually am. :D

Ha, exactly. The old system was fun. I have 4,000 posts..wow. Anyway, I like the new system as well, but it would be fun to bring back the old Karma system too in a way.

Can someone just tell me how to determine when your rep power increases one numeral and how that correlates with the number of dragon logos underneath your name?

Rep power and the number of logos don't correlate. the number of logos is a reflection of the amount of positive karma earned where as rep power is derived from overall karma, post count and account age as far as I can tell.

so the dragon logo should match up with the number under your "my settings" tab. I think its 1 logo for every 50 or 75 karma points, I just haven't done the hard math.

Why does it say in my setting, that I have 25 rep points, and my rep power is only 4? Thanks in advance for your help.

See photos below:
trmkrep2.jpg

trmkrep.jpg