Reputation as TRMKarma?

I give out a lot of + rep but never really sign it if I write anything at all. I just do it because I found the post helpful not to get rep back for myself but with the neg rep I think you should own up to it and give a good reason for it. I can see why they don't put the names on it though. They don't want people to start a rep war. I guess if you get neg rep for no reason just pm a mod or you can put it up in the thread and if you are in the right the community usually will rep you back.

@K1LLKANO you beat me to it while I was typing. I would give you + rep but it don't look like you need it. :razz: Ah what the hell I will any way because you are always helpful when it comes to this subject.

Thank you.

PM DeathcoreRyknow, XxJadexX or Patrick McCarron

Please don't air dirty laundry by posting about negative reputation to recoup what was lost, especially since it takes the thread off topic.

We'll take care of it and keep you happy, that is what we're here for :)

I give out a lot of + rep but never really sign it if I write anything at all. I just do it because I found the post helpful not to get rep back for myself but with the neg rep I think you should own up to it and give a good reason for it. I can see why they don't put the names on it though. They don't want people to start a rep war. I guess if you get neg rep for no reason just pm a mod or you can put it up in the thread and if you are in the right the community usually will rep you back

Good point of view, but I was thinking about knowing who is sharing the same opinion as you do. Some people (me included) give + rep sometimes without posting in the thread. I just feel like giving the rep because I agree with the poster.
Anyway I also understand your point of view. A rep war will create clans, which is not what is desired for this great forum.
Peace.

K1LL hit the nail on the head. The names are removed, as they should be, because if *insert name* gives you a red rep, whether it be justified or not, it will create e-grudges and people will be hostile over it. Dumb because it's just a box but people take forum rep seriously, sadly.

If any of you get a neg rep you do not think is justified, shoot a PM to myself, Pat or Deathcore and we will look in to the matter for you....but, yeah, please make sure it really is worth reporting and not just WAHHHHH I GOT A RED REP.....a justified red rep will not be fixed....

EDIT: Wow, I somehow missed K1LL's second post that was similar to mine just now, hahaha <.<

Question, sometimes when I get rep, instead of a dragon logo, or a skull, I get a gray box. But the gray box usually has a positive message from the giver. What is the gray box?

i think giving rep should be earned by getting rep.

Butthurt little sissies shouldnt be giving neg rep when they have zero rep and cant get any + rep because theyre an idiot.

Question, sometimes when I get rep, instead of a dragon logo, or a skull, I get a gray box. But the gray box usually has a positive message from the giver. What is the gray box?

Another person giving you rep on the same post.

Negative, Taj. The little gray box is what you see when someone doesn't have any rep power. That being the case, it can't affect your rep one way or another so no designated image is given to it.

This rep thing is so confusing.

Okay, so the higher the rep the better? Or not?

Eh... Not that it matters. I welcome negative rep as much as positive. When someone thinks I'm wrong, I feel extra right.

Negative, Taj. The little gray box is what you see when someone doesn't have any rep power. That being the case, it can't affect your rep one way or another so no designated image is given to it.

Oh shit really :|? My bad b,b,b,lp. That was my fault :(.

I think rep should go thru the MOD 1st so they kan approve or not. Then you reiceive the rep.

No, that would create unnecessary work and we don't have time for that. There is no way we are going to sift through all reps.....

Just PM one of the people mentioned in above posts if you feel the neg rep is not justified.

The higher the rep the person has, the more they can give/take away.

Grey boxes = the person has no rep power at all so they can't give or take anything.

Ah man I have a bunch of little gray boxes. Well at least I'm getting a little love from the new peeps or maybe the bad people either way glad I'm getting from some where. Makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Woo! Yeah one rep power that's how it's done! Nah but seriously I just joined and Ive gotten 4 rep things. How does the rep system work? Does like a certain amount of reps= a rep power?

Just a thought.... although I get the whole 0 rep power for new guys (such as myself (and only just now learning about this stuff)), is it really fair? I mean, if the whole point is to reward helpful posts, wouldn't those who gain the most help from a given post be the new guys, who can't give rep to reward the helpful post? Would some sort of indirect method, like every X amount of positive rep from 0 rep power users gains you Y amount of points, be possible?

Again..... it's just a thought.

Yes, it is fair. You need to earn rep; it's as simple as that. More reputable members can also give rep to others for being helpful, and they're less likely to abuse the system since they're more experienced and have "earned" their rep status. Remember, the system doesn't just keep new members from affecting rep positively, it keeps them from affecting it negatively too, so they can't just show up on the forum and destroy everyone's rep for no other reason than to be a troll (which seems ridiculous, but there are people like that).

That's not to say that it's perfect, but I think it works just fine as it is.

Yes, it is fair. You need to earn rep; it's as simple as that. More reputable members can also give rep to others for being helpful, and they're less likely to abuse the system since they're more experienced and have "earned" their rep status. Remember, the system doesn't just keep new members from affecting rep positively, it keeps them from affecting it negatively too, so they can't just show up on the forum and destroy everyone's rep for no other reason than to be a troll (which seems ridiculous, but there are people like that).

That's not to say that it's perfect, but I think it works just fine as it is.

But how much damage can be done if anything (positive or negative (and does it have to go both ways, or be equal?)) requires say 10 or 25 or whatever amount of new members to affect the numbers, even if only slightly? Any abuse would be more than negated by the legit, especially if the two are not equal, and it takes 10 positive vs 100 negative to affect change (again, just as an example). And what I asked isn't for receiving rep; it's for giving it. Yes, receiving should be earned, and I have absolutely no problems with that, as I wholeheartedly agree. But those receiving the most benefit from genuinely helpful posts currently have zero reason to give out rep, as doing so is effectively meaningless. And I doubt many with rep would give it out on their behalf. I could give out positive rep to every single mildly helpful post (even if I personally don't find any help in it) I come across going as far back thru the posts as I possibly can, and what impact would it have? None. Besides, wouldn't helping the new guys be more "earning" rep than posting something someone else who's been around for a while just happens to agree with?

As I said though, it was just a thought.

But how much damage can be done if anything (positive or negative (and does it have to go both ways, or be equal?)) requires say 10 or 25 or whatever amount of new members to affect the numbers, even if only slightly? Any abuse would be more than negated by the legit, especially if the two are not equal, and it takes 10 positive vs 100 negative to affect change (again, just as an example). And what I asked isn't for receiving rep; it's for giving it. Yes, receiving should be earned, and I have absolutely no problems with that, as I wholeheartedly agree. But those receiving the most benefit from genuinely helpful posts currently have zero reason to give out rep, as doing so is effectively meaningless. And I doubt many with rep would give it out on their behalf. I could give out positive rep to every single mildly helpful post (even if I personally don't find any help in it) I come across going as far back thru the posts as I possibly can, and what impact would it have? None. Besides, wouldn't helping the new guys be more "earning" rep than posting something someone else who's been around for a while just happens to agree with?

As I said though, it was just a thought.

Like I have been saying throughout this thread, people should just stop caring so much about boxes in an online forum. It does not make an impact on your life yet people act as if getting neg rep in a forum will cause them to have a bad rep in the real world. It isn't life or death, it's coloured boxes on an online forum.

Anyways....yes, it is fair that new people have to earn it. If you want to get positive rep, put effort as a new person to make an impression with a really great post. We ALL started out the same way so I don't know why you are making such a big deal over it....if you are itching that much for rep, make good posts and you will get positive rep. Make bad posts, get bad rep. It's really not that difficult to make a good post and get green rep. People here are fairly generous.