Reputation as TRMKarma?

Why does it say in my setting, that I have 25 rep points, and my rep power is only 4? Thanks in advance for your help.

See photos below:
trmkrep2.jpg

trmkrep.jpg

According to what K1LLKANO said, Rep power and Reputation overall do not correlate. The Dragon logo or the Skull logos indicate your level of rep. Skull meaning youve done some bogus stuff in the eyes of other people and the dragon logos mean people do like what youre saying. So the more dragon logos under your name, shows you have a lot of positive rep. Rep power is the age of your account, how many posts youve made and your overall reputation in total.

According to what K1LLKANO said, Rep power and Reputation overall do not correlate. The Dragon logo or the Skull logos indicate your level of rep. Skull meaning youve done some bogus stuff in the eyes of other people and the dragon logos mean people do like what youre saying. So the more dragon logos under your name, shows you have a lot of positive rep. Rep power is the age of your account, how many posts youve made and your overall reputation in total.

Thanks again Taj! :D

Your rep points and rep power don't add up the same....I think the way it works is X amount of points = 1 rep power. Let's say 11 rep points = 1 rep power. If you have 44 rep points, you get 4 power.

Just an example....I am not 100% clear on it but I think it is something like that.

Everyone also has different amounts of rep power they can give/take away. If someone has low rep, they wont be able to take/give much. If someone has higher rep power, they can give/take a lot more.

Deathcore and I can kill everyone's rep with one hit ;P

Your rep points and rep power don't add up the same....I think the way it works is X amount of points = 1 rep power. Let's say 11 rep points = 1 rep power. If you have 44 rep points, you get 4 power.

Just an example....I am not 100% clear on it but I think it is something like that.

Everyone also has different amounts of rep power they can give/take away. If someone has low rep, they wont be able to take/give much. If someone has higher rep power, they can give/take a lot more.

Wanna give me a rep boost Jade :D!?

um, *cough, cough* <3

Tim you have more rep power than Jade. So cough, cough to you good sir.

Back on topic there seems to be a boom when it comes to rep (or at least when it comes to me anyway) So glad that it has been cleared up. I give good when I find post helpful and rarely pass out bad when flaming gets to personal but some people are passing out bad just because they disagree with you. Don't seem right. If everyone had the same opinion there would be no point to a forum at all. The news front page would be all we need. I like reading the post that I disagree with more because it let you see things from the other side. But that is just my thoughts on rep/karma.

Tim you have more rep power than Jade. So cough, cough to you good sir.

Back on topic there seems to be a boom when it comes to rep (or at least when it comes to me anyway) So glad that it has been cleared up. I give good when I find post helpful and rarely pass out bad when flaming gets to personal but some people are passing out bad just because they disagree with you. Don't seem right. If everyone had the same opinion there would be no point to a forum at all. The news front page would be all we need. I like reading the post that I disagree with more because it let you see things from the other side. But that is just my thoughts on rep/karma.

Thats how I feel as well, I never give away negative rep for any reason unless the person is being a douche on purpose. I love giving away positive rep but i only do it when people are deserving of it.

Boost me up too:DD

L
Why does it say in my setting, that I have 25 rep points, and my rep power is only 4? Thanks in advance for your help.

See photos below:
trmkrep2.jpg

trmkrep.jpg

Because rep power and reputation points are not the same.

Rep power is how much reputation giving power you have. With 4 rep,power, if you were to give someone reputation it would add/subtract 4 reputation from that user. Rep power is accumulated through reputation earned, post count and account age. I don't know the formula, but that is where that number comes from.

Reputation is an amassed total from. All the users that have given you reputation in the past.

So, if I were to give you a negative reputation on a post, since I have 59 rep power, you would most likely loose all of your rep power and your reputation points would go to -34.

On a side note, people have expressed concern about abuses of the system, here are some of the safety measures that are in place to prevent this.

1. You must pass around reputation before giving it to the same person again. Somewhere around 7-10 users seems to be the magic number.
2. The lower someone's rep power, the less they effect your reputation. Off someone has no rep,power, they're wasting their time giving reputation because it only adds 0 to the total.

Any further questions should have already been answered :p

Some people or someone is giving me bad reputation (skull sign) for no reason and here are their comments:

-"Only with Kitana? That doesnt count as mastery of a game, look it up." (This was when I said I was only good with Kitana in MKvsDCU.)

-"lol" (For what? Is that even a reason to give me bad reputation?)

- "Gender Arrogance..." (This was when I just wrote something like this in in a thread, "...But I hope Mileena has better fatalities even as DLC since her first 2 finishers are half-@$$ed compared to Kung Lao's and the other male characters. I hope that my more females will have nasty fatalities like Kung Lao's." It was just something like that. Maybe if I said something like "All females are better than males." Yeah someone could put me down for that but I didn't. THEREFORE, NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO MARK ME DOWN for "Gender Arrogance"!!!)

I mean I understand if I said something to threaten someone or offend someone I wouldn't mind but if I get too much of these comments of nonsense and get banned for those then someone is or some people are ABUSING THE SYSTEM!!! It's frustrating! I think something should be done about this!

Last edited:
I noticed a similar bit just today. Some genius gave me a negative rep with a comment that could've easily been used to further the discussion in the respective topic regarding game balance, ending with a "lol" no less. Basically, the person didn't want to, or have the means to carry on a discussion and threw a comment via the rep system because he disagreed.

Maybe it's a good idea to list who's giving you feedback to notify mods of ongoing idiocy.

I noticed a similar bit just today. Some genius gave me a negative rep with a comment that could've easily been used to further the discussion in the respective topic regarding game balance, ending with a "lol" no less. Basically, the person didn't want to, or have the means to carry on a discussion and threw a comment via the rep system because he disagreed.

Maybe it's a good idea to list who's giving you feedback to notify mods of ongoing idiocy.

Yes I agree!!! And for those who abuse the system, Moderators should read the comments and if they don't have good reasons, then they should give bad reputations to the "abusers" until those abusers either do the right thing or until they get banned! Here are two words about reputation "GOOD REASONS".

Yea, but with all due respect, this place has been flooded by some very ignorant, low level noobs who are seemingly on here just to troll people for absolutely no reason. I get the fanboy aspect, but some people here just need to go away. I've been blasted with some neg rep lately for which makes ZERO sense.

Yea, but with all due respect, this place has been flooded by some very ignorant, low level noobs who are seemingly on here just to troll people for absolutely no reason. I get the fanboy aspect, but some people here just need to go away. I've been blasted with some neg rep lately for which makes ZERO sense.

Again, something needs to be done! Any ideas moderators and admin?

I can tell you this, the names are removed to prevent retaliation in any form and will not be shown to regular users unless Pat has a sudden change of heart about that subject. A good sleuth could figure out how much there rep is being affected however and narrow it down by user rep power ;)

I personally cannot see your reputation or who gave it to you, however, Super Mods and their superiors have access to more information than I do, so maybe they can tell. I'll be dropping a message on the Mod forum to see what we can do in the case of unwarranted "bad reputation" as we have all noticed it is a much heated topic as of late.

My guess about anyone passing along neg rep atm for shits and giggles is that they don't have much power though, because everyone mentioning having received some still has both positive and rep and rep power.

on a final note, Jade. You may have more reputation than me, but I still have more power :p I blame it on you having bewbz

I agree. Also, some people don't sign at the end when they give + rep. In my opinion the author's name should be visible in a perpetual manner.

I give out a lot of + rep but never really sign it if I write anything at all. I just do it because I found the post helpful not to get rep back for myself but with the neg rep I think you should own up to it and give a good reason for it. I can see why they don't put the names on it though. They don't want people to start a rep war. I guess if you get neg rep for no reason just pm a mod or you can put it up in the thread and if you are in the right the community usually will rep you back.

@K1LLKANO you beat me to it while I was typing. I would give you + rep but it don't look like you need it. :razz: Ah what the hell I will any way because you are always helpful when it comes to this subject.