Tekken Tag Tournament 2 announced/ arcade summer of 2012

Umon Daisuke

It's almost unbelievable given how hesitant they've been to the idea of doing another tag game. The first was a fan service game to keep the T3 scene alive, and remains the most beloved game in the series. 11 years later, here we are:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvL9TOUuDb8

The game is a lot closer to the 2005 sweaty Jin CG teaser.

To think that TTT is over 11 years old now.. man, this takes me back. Here's some high level matches to "celebrate" the ocassion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPiO_1d3A2I (Jang Isku is basically the guy who came up with the advanced motions like wave dashing and backdash cancels *aka Korean backdash)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X0UynLbdWA&feature=related

(Side Note: That's the arcade version, which ran on modified PS1 hardware with 1MB extra VRAM and an overclocked CPU)

Last edited:
It's about time! Can't wait to get my hands on it. Capcom and Namco are going to get a good chunk of my money over the next two years!

11 years?

About time...

TTT was easily the best game in the franchise...

Kazuya and Yoshimitsu for me

Noob and Liu Kang for MK9

...i've heard this time roster will consist of something like 50 characters or even more! ...thats sick if you'd ask me...director himself confirmed ALL characters from Tekken 6 game (its 41 i believe) + Jinpachi, Jaycee (new character), Jun Kazama, Ogre/True Ogre and yet to be confirmed characters like Devil, Angel, Kunimitsu, Unknown, Alex, Combot, Devil Ganryu, Forrest Law, Jack-2, Michelle Chang and Prototype Jack...though only Kunimitsu, Angel and Devil out of all these Harada is considering to retun...

I love Tekken! It's my second favorite fighting game. TTT is great, TTT2 will be as well. TTT is the last Tekken game with Jin fighting in Mishima style. I hate his new one. That's why I choose Devil Jin over Jin in T5 and T6

FYI the release date for Tekken Tag 2 is the Summer of 2011, not 2012.

...this, plus its unknown when it will be released for consoles, but its no brainer that it will happen eventually...Harada suggests something like release between Tekken x Street Fighter and Street Fighter vs Tekken...

have you guys seen the new trailer? Jun and True Ogre are confirmed:

Tekken is actually my favourite game with Mortal Kombat being second but i love them both, while i've been keeping up with MK9 i've also been on Tekken forums and been keeping up with TTT2, i hear Ed's a fan of Tekken too?

...generally i like Tekken...i can't call myself fan, buit i like everything but Tekken 6...i don't know why...its very difficult, very complicated to master, controls are annoying, juggles, wall hits i just don't like it...i like it more in the way when your opponent has chance to recover from knockdown before his/her health bar falls to 25%, but all those wall hits, juggles and such makes it kind of impossible... but i sure as hell looking forward TTT2 and i know that those things didn't go anywhere, but i can forgive that under condition of largest ever roster and the most important tag team mode, which i never before got my hands on...yes i never played TTT before...

Lol, you guys had better hope I don't get Live. If I do you'll be licking some serious King and Armor King balls ;) (Hopefully the online service is good this time)

After seeing some new videos, I can't wait for this game, it's gonna be awesome! The stages are very cool, way better than T5's and T6's stages. All the characters I love are already there (Lili, Anna, Nina, Asuka, Alisa, Zafina, Lars, Yoshimitsu) and maybe with even some new for me to love, like Jun!

If T6 is already too complex, imagine this one, with all the tag combos and throws. Man, I hope it's not as hard as I imagine.