MK 9 Endings

mithiama

I dont know if this has ever been mentioned but i have a question what kind of endings will we hav in MK 9 like will they be one or two portraits with little writing at the bottom or will they be actual movies like maybe CGI(hopefully)?

I dont know if this has ever been mentioned but i have a question what kind of endings will we hav in MK 9 like will they be one or two portraits with little writing at the bottom or will they be actual movies like maybe CGI(hopefully)?

They could start out text, and then become DLC videos... Someone from Netherrealm Studios is reading this right now going "Cha-ching.. WHY didn't we think about that?!"

Endings and bios are some of the most important story-related unlocks in the MK games. They took endings from MKDA and MKD and used them in later games to further the plot and that's how it should be. There's always going to be a few "what if 'blank' won" type endings but for the most part I want them to be like the ones in MKD. Which is to say, each character has their own agenda and their endings are the conclusion or continuation of just their story. Think the Mileena and Baraka endings in Deception.

whatever they are, they better all be actual endings that happen. no false endings needed or wanted.

No they really shouldn't, because the What-ifs that don't happen are very cool to discuss and pick apart. If they all just happen, more mystery to the series is gone. Which is what is killing it currently.

I agree. The what-ifs are necessary because then we get to argue about what really happened all the way up until the next game is released. We haven't been able to properly do that since MKD. That was YEARS ago now. It's what kept me coming back to these forums every day, those discussions.

i think the endings should be cgi,how many years do we gotta look at still pics,and they need 2 make sense,not like prior tittles,if they need help call me,i will help u free of charge

CGI takes a lot of time, and do to one for all of them? Well you saw how crappy they were in MK4 and MKG, great concept, horrible voice acting..

its been 10 yrs since MK 4 im pretty sure the quality of CGI is gonna be alot better it is expensive and pretty unlikely but one of the best parts about games with CGI movies is the CGI movies i dont know if you guys saw the videos in X Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 but thats the kind of CGI that we need for MK. Imagine Sub Zero ripping someones spine out in CGI. I think fans deserve it and after all they are trying to make this game an homage to the fans so they might as well put in everything the fans ask for.

If its anything close to the CGI in Shaolin Monks, more specifically the introduction movie, I'll be a happy camper. Although the graphic-novel art style will kick ass. I never thought of MK as a graphic novel, and I would certainly love to see a real graphic novel to boot.

Does anyone else get the feeling that the MK team got some good pointers from DC themselves on creating a solid storyline for the MK universe?

Come to think of it what abt in game cut scenes like in the middle of the story mode like in MK vs DC are we gonna have those? I mean MK vs DC was the first MK game to have those...

Come to think of it what abt in game cut scenes like in the middle of the story mode like in MK vs DC are we gonna have those? I mean MK vs DC was the first MK game to have those...

Good question.
I bet we will get some cut scenes pretty similar to in DC. Think about the announcement trailer, I'm guessing the cut scenes will look a lot like that.
The story mode is going to be pretty similar to DC, but with more depth, which is great. I guess we can all finally appreciate MK vs DC for something; creating the foundation for one of the (supposed) best story modes in any fighting game.

Idk, the story mode in Soul Calibur II was pretty freaking in-depth. So was Konquest in Deception. Though this is certainly the most cinematic story mode of any fighting game.

I for one am looking forward to the graphic novel style of endings suggested by Boon. Full CGI lacks that charm and we'll be getting our fill of CGI from the story mode.

i sorta hope they have detailed and good ending videos for all the characters like in deception the ending for sub zero sucked the only way it would have been good was if it was a video and in armageddon the ending was pretty amazing it was just words moving around the screen but it would have been pretty cool to see the 2 sub zeros merge together in a video.

Isn't the story mode going to have plenty of pre rendered movies like the one used in the trailer and last gen MKs' intros ?

there should like be multiple endings for everyone. like a good ending and a bad ending. like if they meet certain requierments them they get the good endin and so on. that would be something to keep people guessing and talking about in forums till mk10.
the reason the endings in mk4 looked the way they did is because of the crap technology they had back in that day. 3d games were simply "blocky" looking. it wouldnt be that way now. but it would take much longer to make and i find this 3 years wait is long enough. and besides we get CGI in the story mode. whats wrong with having both in the game.