Consoles Creatures Interview

Definitely new there! Animalities, babalities, and friendships? Which one will return? I say friendships.

The only ones I care about are the Animalities...Babalities and Friendships are too corny for me...

I hope none of them return... I hope the one that isnt mentioned, Brutalities returns because it is the one that fits with this DARKER & GRITTIER revision of the game!

I'd go for friendships. The fatalities are gruesome enough and performing a friendship on your opponent after you beat him is like rubbing salt in his wounds. I'd rather them kill me in the worst possible way than give me a flower or something. It's humiliating lol.

The only ones I care about are the Animalities...Babalities and Friendships are too corny for me...

I gotta go with you on the Animalities. Just picturing with new technology, how they would be able to show the characters body morph into the designated animal would be amazing to watch.

I'd go for friendships. The fatalities are gruesome enough and performing a friendship on your opponent after you beat him is like rubbing salt in his wounds. I'd rather them kill me in the worst possible way than give me a flower or something. It's humiliating lol.

that how i feel when friendship fools in mk2 on psn

they usually quit after a few, lol

i was just thinking, what about Fake Friendships

like they act like they wont kill you and are going to do some thing, like sign an autograph, then the kill you anyway

Friendship...Friendship?

I will put money on friendships as that could potentially help them maintain an M rating have some humour tossed in. Plus I agree with early post about how its a bigger insult to do a friendship after kicking someones ass, especially if there's something like not using block that you have to do. Because then its like I set them up and completely pwnd them.

What about the hidden characters that might have just been rumors. He said "that was a hidden character that maybe didn't even exist well we are going to make them exist now" So who could he be talking about? Hornbuckle? Nimbus Terrafaux?? Zebron?!? OR hopefully even thou Old Subby is alive and well Noob Saibot will be hidden off from him. OH and my bet is on Friendships coming back. I have watched every interview that I could find and no one will give a strait answer when some one ask about Friendships.

I really do hope it does come out feb of next year. That being said, if they return something, I wouldn't might brutality or animality. But I really hope they don't go for friendship or bability.

Oh i hate the idea of an animality. It doesn't make sense! I know the game is 'unrealistic' so dont spit that garbage at me. Think about it, there are already sorcerers in MK that can shapeshift, so how can people with no sorcery shapeshift? You could give animalities only to a select few (shang tsung etc.) but then it wouldn't be fair.

IMO i'd love to see friendships/brutalities return. No babalities.

^Agreed. I never really saw a purpose to have Babalities. Is it just to mock a bad player? Like, "Ha-ha! I might as well fight a baby, so I'll just turn you into one since you suck so bad. I didn't even press block, you noob baby." (?) Friendships and Brutalities are all that are needed or I need. Animalities are just cheap and a bit lame. Although I'm a sucker for Cyrax's animality (Great White Shark), so that would be cool to see.

This also makes me think that "Mercy" should be making a return. In one way or another. You beat the shit out of someone, show them mercy! Or don't.

Animalities should just be for people like Scorpion, Liu Kang, and Nightwolf and they should be considered Fatalities instead. Definitely no babalities!!! Friendships and Brutalities should return. However, I don't wnt the brutalities to make the victim explode because that would only be another fatality.

Hoping for Friendships, personally. Always thought they were fun. Animalities were pushing the irritation button a bit much, felt hokey, like a barbed wire tattoo. Friendships are definitely hokey, but that's also the point. They don't try to go "LOOK HOW COOL THIS IS!"

The opinions on animalities are a bit unfair I think.. everyone just has a bad taste in their mouth from mk3.. someone made a good point earlier. With new technology animalities coul potentially become very amazing.

That said, I still don't want them over friendships lol

The opinions on animalities are a bit unfair I think.. everyone just has a bad taste in their mouth from mk3.. someone made a good point earlier. With new technology animalities coul potentially become very amazing.

That said, I still don't want them over friendships lol

I dunno, in the days of Twilight and True Blood, I'd see Nightwolf transform into a wolf and groan. There's no logical way to explain how every character can become an animal. And yeah, I'm debating logic in a Mortal Kombat discussion. ;) It just seems hokey and unoriginal to me. I'm sure they'd look great, no doubt, they'd just also come off as silly.

Of all the -alities I liked animalities the least. They make as much sense as turning your enemies into babies, but they weren't humiliating or silly in the same way. They were just silly in a silly way. Most of them looked awful and were completely unoriginal. But it was interesting to see who turned into what.