MK HD Kollection

Re: HD Kollection in 2011?

it would make no sense to package MK HD together with MK9...now possibly unlockable ports of the originals i could see, but MK HD thats all money and WB will want as much as possible from the MK franchise....

and dont forget....FYE still lists MK HD to be released 3/3/2011 .....in 7 days lol

I thought this was already posted and discussed, but regardless, yes, it makes much more sense than, say, FYE's listing. lol Also, there's a listing over at NedGame.nl that lists June 15, which also seems realistic if the game is still coming out any time soon.

Update: PlaynTrade having the game listed was discussed, but for their original release date of April 11. I did see it recently had been changed to June 15, but I guess I never posted anything about it. I believe I was waiting to see if other retailers such as FYE, eStarland, Buy.com, etc. would follow suit and change their dates to May or June. In case you're wondering..... they have not.

Last edited:

That would be awsome if it did come out in June and it would make better sense to release after MK9. If it does happen, I will for sure be getting it

Re: Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection Cancelled.

ign are a bunch of retards if they dont get a info in one week they say the game is cancelled

For IGN Movies, we only mark something canceled if the publisher gives us word that it has been canceled; we do not simply delete something out of our database because we are bored.

Re: Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection Cancelled.

For IGN Movies, we only mark something canceled if the publisher gives us word that it has been canceled; we do not simply delete something out of our database because we are bored.

Ask IGN Games how they determine a game's status.

I thought this was already posted and discussed, but regardless, yes, it makes much more sense than, say, FYE's listing. lol Also, there's a listing over at NedGame.nl that lists June 15, which also seems realistic if the game is still coming out any time soon.

Update: PlaynTrade having the game listed was discussed, but for their original release date of April 11. I did see it recently had been changed to June 15, but I guess I never posted anything about it. I believe I was waiting to see if other retailers such as FYE, eStarland, Buy.com, etc. would follow suit and change their dates to May or June. In case you're wondering..... they have not.

whats gonna happen tomorrow with FYE? because its supposed to be available tomorrow lol

you say you seen it moved to june 15...wednesday......

the date i posted 5/24/2011....actually falls on tuesday....the plot thickens

whats gonna happen tomorrow with FYE? because its supposed to be available tomorrow lol

you say you seen it moved to june 15...wednesday......

the date i posted 5/24/2011....actually falls on tuesday....the plot thickens

Sorry about that, I typed the June 15 date after checking the NedGame.nl link, what I meant to type was the 5/24 date. I saw that PlaynTrade had changed their original 4/11 date to the 5/24 date a few weeks ago. Anyway, you're certainly right, all these new dates are intriguing. Guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. My guess is tomorrow, FYE either updates their date or simply puts "OUT OF STOCK" on the page. Answers..... we need ANSWERS! :p

That's funny, I was just wondering the same thing myself....LOL! You're probably right about them changing the status of the release date though.....I suppose they gotta do something to save their asses! :)

One can only hope that if in fact this game DOES get released, it doesn't turn out to be another bomb like some of the other releases in the MK franchise.

One can only hope that if in fact this game DOES get released, it doesn't turn out to be another bomb like some of the other releases in the MK franchise.

Since the game would simply be the original 3 games, but with spiffy new high definition graphics, I don't see how it could be a "bomb", as you say. Since the first 3 games were such huge successes, I'd imagine fans of those games would also enjoy this game.

In all honesty: who needs a HD Kollection when there's a new, incredibly awesome game coming out which will be better than any previous MK put together???

All I need is MK9: the game has everything that made MK unique pushed to the max as well as tons of new amazing features and content.

In all honesty: who needs a HD Kollection when there's a new, incredibly awesome game coming out which will be better than any previous MK put together???

All I need is MK9: the game has everything that made MK unique pushed to the max as well as tons of new amazing features and content.

Why would anyone need old Mario games? Why would anyone need old Sonic games? Why would anyone need old Street Fighter games? Why would anyone need old Tomb Raider games?

People will ALWAYS love the classics! Nostalgia is cool. Hope that clears it up. ;-)

Why would anyone need old Mario games? Why would anyone need old Sonic games? Why would anyone need old Street Fighter games? Why would anyone need old Tomb Raider games?

People will ALWAYS love the classics! Nostalgia is cool. Hope that clears it up. ;-)

Then stick with the old MK!
I know about the nostalgia thing, in fact I still play the old ass Sega Master System games, what I don't understand is why people is getting crazy about this HD Kollection (which is still the same stuff) when there's MK9 coming out that will surpass anything done before, I just don't get all the enthusiasm.
If MK9 wasn't coming out, then it would have been cool, but seriously, it's time to move on and play the hell out of MK9!

I know about the nostalgia thing, in fact I still play the old ass Sega Master System games, what I don't understand is why people is getting crazy about this HD Kollection (which is still the same stuff) when there's MK9 coming out that will surpass anything done before, I just don't get all the enthusiasm.
If MK9 wasn't coming out, then it would have been cool, but seriously, it's time to move on and play the hell out of MK9!

MK HD is a little different than MK 9....MK9 may be set around the MK1-MK3 time period but it is not those games

MK1-MK3 redone in full HD would be amazing...todays technology on a nostalgic platform...which hopefully retains the original music also...

no matter how great or terrible MK 9 may be, nothing will ever be better than the originals

I, too, am looking forward to MK9. You know, it is possible to anticipate more than one game at a time. Furthermore, there hasn't been much talk in this particular forum lately, so it's quite obvious we've "moved on" and focused our attention on MK9. Since I don't believe there is a rule on the forum that limits what one can discuss, I'm going to continue posting in the forums I choose. If you don't care for a certain topic, please, don't read it. Thanks!

I, too, am looking forward to MK9. You know, it is possible to anticipate more than one game at a time. Furthermore, there hasn't been much talk in this particular forum lately, so it's quite obvious we've "moved on" and focused our attention on MK9. Since I don't believe there is a rule on the forum that limits what one can discuss, I'm going to continue posting in the forums I choose. If you don't care for a certain topic, please, don't read it. Thanks!

Hold on: who said that???
I was just saying my opinion about the HD Kollection which is IMO not that exciting (except for the nostalgic factor and the HD graphics) compared to MK9, a game which is shaping up as the best MK ever.
I mean, I want to finally play a new, great MK; if the HD kollection will be out around the same time or even delayed by a couple of months, I think every hardcore MK player will be knee-deep into MK9, what's the meaning of playing the same shit over and over? That's what I meant with "moving on". I know, it's cool having the old games in a new shiny dress, but if there's better stuff out there why just getting stuck in the past?
That's all, if you want the MK9 AND the HD kollection, it's OK and perfectly understandable; personally I respect the classics and still play them, but it's 2011 and I definitely want something new.