MK HD Kollection

Re: Mortal Kombat HD Arcade Kollection Cancelled.

Speculation and facts are fine.
-Example: Posting a new listing of the game on a retailers website and then discussing that (see: not jumping to conclusions).
-Example: Getting a phone call claiming the game is cancelled and then discussing that. (see: not taking it as gospel).

There's no harm in discussing the game and the possibility that it exists (or doesn't exist, if you choose to believe that), but when people come to this thread and reply, "oh great i knew it wasnt gonna happen!!1 im so madzzz! i hate warner and theys liez!" Or: "haha told you so! i teh smartest cuz i new it wasnt reel!". Is there any need for that? There's really no reason to declare the end of the world because you heard it from a friend of a friend's second cousin's sister-in-law's neighbor's plumber who knows a guy that told him it was for sure.

While some people are taking this thread as an official cancellation, it's kinda their fault for not reading the whole thread. If they're not paying enough attention to realize the logic behind "no official announcement means no official cancellation" or the fact that this all based on a retailer canceling an ORDER, they're to blame.

Here's something odd. I'm no expert at UPC registration (like where you get a UPC # for your product, or how you go about getting rid of one), but I noticed on the FYE site that a UPC code was listed for this item. Apparently there's a UPC lookup online, upcdatabase.com. I copied and pasted the UPC code from FYE in and it indeed is registered (at least on that website) to Mortal Kombat HD Kollection

http://www.upcdatabase.com/item/883929168118

I don't know that it confirms or denies that it is canceled or not, but it is another piece to the puzzle.

@ Grune:
It really depends on how the UPC codes are handled. If they're strictly monitored, then it's a good sign that the game is still on its way. If they're just simple placeholders that can be applied at a whim, then it doesn't mean anything.

UPC-A

EAN/UCC-13

Description Mortal Kombat: Hd Arcade Kollection
Issuing Country United States
Last Modified 20 Oct 2010, 11:47 PM
Pending Requests 0

oddly lego harry potter for the DS comes up with that same code

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=0883929168118

Re: HD Kollection in 2011?

Here's a new preorder site: http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.cat..product.36539.html

Never heard of the store/website, but a couple things catch my eye. Firstly, you'll notice the image being used appears to be the US boxart rather than the European one that's been floating around. Upon further review, it appears to have been Photoshopped to include the ESRB rating symbol rather than the European "PEGI". Secondly, the release date: 3/31/2011. We haven't seen that one yet, but it's close to Buy.com's 4/1/2011. I would guess both are, however, just placeholder dates, as most retailers will use the first and last days of any given month as a placeholder until they have an actual release date.

damn it

seems like it keeps getting further and further away....its nice to see more sites listing it up though....the one thing that stays consistent is the pricing between the sites all around 40.00

at those dates though an MK9 demo would work though...not too much time to get bored with but just enough time to get prepared for the weeks approaching

march 31 would be awesome...its my birthday !

damn it

seems like it keeps getting further and further away....its nice to see more sites listing it up though....the one thing that stays consistent is the pricing between the sites all around 40.00

at those dates though an MK9 demo would work though...not too much time to get bored with but just enough time to get prepared for the weeks approaching

march 31 would be awesome...its my birthday !

Well, I'm hoping you get an MKHD release for your bday. I need this game.

Here's a new preorder site: http://www.estarland.com/Playstation3.cat..product.36539.html

Never heard of the store/website, but a couple things catch my eye. Firstly, you'll notice the image being used appears to be the US boxart rather than the European one that's been floating around. Upon further review, it appears to have been Photoshopped to include the ESRB rating symbol rather than the European "PEGI". Secondly, the release date: 3/31/2011. We haven't seen that one yet, but it's close to Buy.com's 4/1/2011. I would guess both are, however, just placeholder dates, as most retailers will use the first and last days of any given month as a placeholder until they have an actual release date.

March 31st isnt a Tuesday.

Neither were any of the other dates. Oddly, they were seemingly every day except Tuesday.

place holder dates are usually April 1st or the 1st of the month the game intends to come out.

But again, we're talking about something that isnt official, and may never see the light of day.

dang tim, that may never see the light of day comment discourages the shit outta me. You are about one of the only ones that seemed pretty convinced that it was def happening. :(

place holder dates are usually April 1st or the 1st of the month the game intends to come out.

But again, we're talking about something that isnt official, and may never see the light of day.

All things considered, I found the irony in the "4/1" date. Thought it was somewhat fitting for this game. ;-)

Update:
Just wanted to post this new listing, since that's what I do.

PlaynTrade.com has just listed the game with a release date of 4/11/2011. As usual, take it for what it's worth, I'm only posting what I find. I cannot imagine them releasing this game just a week before MK9, but who really knows. Interesting how the game continues to show up at online retailers (and with so many different dates).

Last edited:

the fact that there are more and more retailers popping up with MK HD listings tells me its happening.

the fact that each retailer has different dates, all getting closer to april 19th has me baffled.....april 11 is too close to MK 9.....

the fact that there are more and more retailers popping up with MK HD listings tells me its happening.

the fact that each retailer has different dates, all getting closer to april 19th has me baffled.....april 11 is too close to MK 9.....

It's all quite interesting and baffling at the same time. One theory I have is that they're copycat listings, though I don't understand the different dates (maybe everyone is just taking their best guess?).

I've emailed several of the retailers and they all tell me the dates are ones given to them by their suppliers. For whatever reason, the suppliers are giving retailers dates from early March to mid April. One thing to note still is that no "major" retailer has the game listed (i.e. Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Amazon, K-Mart, Target, etc). Back when the game was first rumored to be released on 11/16 (every retailer had this same date at the time, give or take a day or two), most major retailers had it listed but eventually then took it down (including Sony's official store, which was most intriguing).

Now, we're left with no-name, mid-level online stores only. While I'll try and remain optimistic, I'm honestly not expecting much from now until MK9's release. Would absolutely love to be surprised, though! :-D

dang tim, that may never see the light of day comment discourages the shit outta me. You are about one of the only ones that seemed pretty convinced that it was def happening. :(

yea but i am trying to keep myself and everyone level headed.

besides, you have NO idea how many IM's, FR and messages on PSN/XBL and PM's on forums i get about this stuff every week. I havent heard anything new about it in a while, so it may very well be a dead project. I really ****ing hope not though. I want this more than most people, being a part of the the MK community where we'd put these re-releases to great use (high level/tourney play)

yea but i am trying to keep myself and everyone level headed.

besides, you have NO idea how many IM's, FR and messages on PSN/XBL and PM's on forums i get about this stuff every week. I havent heard anything new about it in a while, so it may very well be a dead project. I really ****ing hope not though. I want this more than most people, being a part of the the MK community where we'd put these re-releases to great use (high level/tourney play)

I understand where you're coming from, Tim.

I'm curious, though, what's your opinion on these recent, random (yet similar) release dates just now popping up? I try not to read too much into them, but it's certainly interesting to see them start appearing out of nowhere. Not only that, but they're all within a month and a half of each other.

Do you think it's more just retailers getting ahead of themselves or do you think they're receiving legit information from their suppliers (as they say)? I mean, would a retailer just put up a random "release date" without any knowledge whatsoever or is there some sort of standard protocol they usually follow in that regard?

I understand where you're coming from, Tim.

I'm curious, though, what's your opinion on these recent, random (yet similar) release dates just now popping up? I try not to read too much into them, but it's certainly interesting to see them start appearing out of nowhere. Not only that, but they're all within a month and a half of each other.

Do you think it's more just retailers getting ahead of themselves or do you think they're receiving legit information from their suppliers (as they say)? I mean, would a retailer just put up a random "release date" without any knowledge whatsoever or is there some sort of standard protocol they usually follow in that regard?

I am just ignoring them. Until i get confirmation of the project being released, any date is just bleh to me.

GUYS, I got something important to share!! How do i start a topic. BTW I read ur posts like everyday n u all great. some funny, some haters, some sarcastic n some crazy MK fans. Just wat im looking for.lool

GUYS, I got something important to share!! How do i start a topic. BTW I read ur posts like everyday n u all great. some funny, some haters, some sarcastic n some crazy MK fans. Just wat im looking for.lool

Sent you a pm on how to do it. Welcome to TRMK.