MK HD Kollection

Re: MK Arcade Collection in November (?)

Yeah, and they don't even have Mortal Kombat (2011) listed either.

Yea, they have that listed as TBA 2011. I forget if WB confirmed the release date for Mortal Kombat (2011) yet.

Also, yesterday I called up quite a few GameStops and a Play N Trade asking about the HD Kollection. The first GameStop call, the guy told me it's definitely coming out on the 16th, he sounded very positive about it. I called about 3 more GameStops and they all told me they don't see it anywhere on the list of upcoming games. I think the Play N Trade they told me the same thing, they didn't see it on the list. It's so bizarre!!!

Nice find there. Today I emailed Newegg and here's what they had to say :

my message : Message: Hello, I want to pre-order Mortal Kombat: HD Arcade Kollection from you but the internet is rampant with contradictory rumors about it. Can you confirm me it will be release on 11/16/2010 ? I wouldn't want to waste your time or mine paying for something that won't come out. Thanks for your time and reply.

their reply : Dear Gilles,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. According to our website, we show that the release date of the item # N82E16879333043 is 11/16/2010. Please kindly note that all the information we are provided with by the manufacturers has been posted on the website. Once the release date changes, we will post it on our website.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

IT DEFINITELY COMING OUT NEXT WEEK IN MY BOOK!

follow up email :

me So if I sum up your last reply, it's defnitely coming out on november 16th 2010, right ? Unless Warner sends you a different date in the meantime. If it's coming out in just 2 days, could you let me know as soon as you have it in stock ?

thanks a lot!

NEWEGG : Thank you for your feedback.

Please note that we will not process, charge or ship a pre-order until all items on the pre-order are in stock. An item's ETA is subject to change without notice and PreOrders are processed on a first order, first shipped basis. We suggest you continue to check the updated information at www.newegg.com. We will process the pre-order to a normal order once we receive the items.

Last edited by a moderator:

my message : Message: Hello, I want to pre-order Mortal Kombat: HD Arcade Kollection from you but the internet is rampant with contradictory rumors about it. Can you confirm me it will be release on 11/16/2010 ? I wouldn't want to waste your time or mine paying for something that won't come out. Thanks for your time and reply.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. According to our website, we show that the release date of the item # N82E16879333043 is 11/16/2010. Please kindly note that all the information we are provided with by the manufacturers has been posted on the website. Once the release date changes, we will post it on our website.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

I wanna believe that so badly. But we don't have any confirmation on the release date, no screen shots, no videos, no official mention of it from WB, Netherrealm Studios, or Ed Boon. My gut says that this isn't coming out next week. I have no doubt it's in development tho.

I certainly hope it is, but the fact that major gaming and shopping websites such as Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Walmart, Target, K-Mart, etc. still don't have it listed is somewhat alarming. It's possible that Newegg got the release date when the game was scheduled to be released on 11/17, but WB (for whatever reason) just never notified anyone that that wasn't the case anymore (keep in mind too that Buy.com has the game listed for April 2011, while other sites have a December 2010 date). Since there was never an official announcement, even with them supposedly targeting 11/16 as the release date, it's hard to hold it against them if the game isn't out on that date.

Maybe today, or Mortal Monday, Ed and Co. will FINALLY fill us in on what's going on.... good or bad.

Notice how evasive their follow-up email is.. something's fishy here ! But god dammit it HAS to come out. To many sites are listing it and if they say they got the release date straight from WB, then we'll have to trust them.

Awgh hell! This is way too nerve wracking for me, I'm gonna turn off the pc and go drink beer, it'll make me forget about this major PR **** up. Teasing is something, but getting fans all worked up for vaporware isn't very smart, WB.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is such bittersweet news for us non-PS3 owners. Haha.

Amazon.fr posted that the game will be released on january 31th AND they added a picture of the box! link
The box says the demo of the next MK is included. (it's the visual we all know, it's just it's the first time a french game sales website displays it)

Last edited:

Perhap's the European release of the game? If so, looks like I will be importing once I get my PS3 because there's no chance of me waiting for 2 months whilst other's are already playing it. I love how PAL gamer's get screwed with release dates constantly.

Perhap's the European release of the game? If so, looks like I will be importing once I get my PS3 because there's no chance of me waiting for 2 months whilst other's are already playing it. I love how PAL gamer's get screwed with release dates constantly.

At least you didn't get censored Fatalities for MKvsDC, like we did here in America. LOL

Mmm.... I wonder if the kollection will have online multiplayer and trophies. Because on the upper right of the box art on the "PS3" logo does not have the ''Play Station Network'' message and if a game does have multiplayer or trophies the message is up there with the PS3 logo. I will be dissappointed if it does not includes online multiplayer and trophies, maybe the box art we've seen is not the final art and at the end it will have online a trophies. But still if does not have i can't wait to a official confirmacion or a trailer of this !!!!.

Soooo... A NEW DAWN A NEW DAY!!! MORTAL MONDAY to be exact here in Germany at 7:00am!

I ain´t givin up hope an am off to work in a couple of mins!!!

C´MON NR, WB... ANNOUNCE THAT DAMN THING!!!!!!!! OR DENIE IT!!!!!!!!

i dont care... just give us info...PLZZZ!!!

ok.. this had to be out of my system!!

It is officially Monday November 15, 2010, 1:13 AM EST in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and instead of studying for a test i have at 10 AM in the morning for university, i am more concerned about the potential of learning if we are going to have a HD Kollection of the first 3 MK masterpieces, or not, on Mortal Monday.

Therefore, Mortal Kombat CLEARLY runs my life :).

Ok, monday over here. Today is the day that my local gameshop would have MKHD in store. I checked their website and today they changed the releasedate to 4th quarter 2010. It was a longshot. Lets see what happens tomorrow, doubt that the game will come out. Got a feeling it got pushed back for a release later this year.

Soooo... A NEW DAWN A NEW DAY!!! MORTAL MONDAY to be exact here in Germany at 7:00am!

I ain´t givin up hope an am off to work in a couple of mins!!!

C´MON NR, WB... ANNOUNCE THAT DAMN THING!!!!!!!! OR DENIE IT!!!!!!!!

i dont care... just give us info...PLZZZ!!!

ok.. this had to be out of my system!!

It's okay... you're among friends.

In a (not surprising) turn of events, Sony has removed the HD Kollection page. Well... the game still comes up on searches and the page shows up, but it's now just a generic page with ads for other games and movies. As I said, this was to be expected, but definitely not what I was hoping for. Maybe "Mortal Monday" can still be salvaged.

Edit: Almost forget to mention, the Blockbuster page still shows up, but the section for purchasing the game on 11/17 has been removed entirely. The rent-by-mail thing is still there with a 03/2011 date.