Kombo Challenges in the new MK?

MKmadMAN

Hi, do you guys think that the new MK will have kombo challenges? I like doing these challenges and after completing all MK vs DCU and both SF4 & SSF4's challenges I'm looking for a new fix lol. :)

I don't think we'll see a combo challenge in this game as the des have stated they want the fan base to create most of the combos in game and they're staying away from button link,combos.

You never know though and maybe you'll get lucky.

Kombo Challenges? As K1LLKANO said it is a custom combo system which makes it unlikely. If it returned it would have to be more freeformed (is that a word? XD) like for example "Juggle your opponent four times and end with a high kick"

I don't think we'll see a combo challenge in this game as the des have stated they want the fan base to create most of the combos in game and they're staying away from button link,combos.

Yeah, but they said damn near the exact same thing for MK vs. DC. :mrgreen:

I wouldn't be surprised if it returned in some form. I don't recall any auto-combos longer than maybe four hits in MK vs. DC, but the challenge was still there to give us ideas of the things we could do (as well as give us something impossibly ****ing hard to get achievements for).

I never even got all the achievements in MKvDC. Hell I didn't even get all the endings. I beat story mode and that was that. If there are combo challenges I don't want to go through what I did in MKDA unlocking Mokap and Blaze again...gods I hated doing Raiden and Sonya's 13-15 hit link combos...bloody impossible.

I for one am thrilled about Custom combos, but at the same time i hope they have few Combos in the Characters moveset just to give you and idea of what can be done.
So if they do do something like that, i think there should be Combo Challenge or a Practice Arena so you can learn some of there given combos before you venture out and start creating you own! As long as they arent ridiculously crazy hard im down for Combo challenge!

Thanks for the replies. :) I am all for custom combos but like jdnice11 said, it would be nice if they include a few trials for each character just so that we can get a basic idea of what each character can do. Nothing too hectic maybe just a 5-6 hit combo for each character from which we can build our own. Would be cool but even without that this game is going to own. Can't wait!

It could be something more like leader boards on xblive for longest combo/highest amount of damage. Something to that area. If its all custom maybe you can tape your best combos and post them for online voting? Just some ideas lol

Sent from my Moment while I should be working...

Now there's an idea. A demo option in Practice Mode would be terrific. Just have a in-depth practice mode with a bunch of AI options and a player-2 setting then set the recorder and go to town. It would be great!

I'm guessing this is one of the new modes Boon was hinting at. The training modes in the SF series are great and I actually enjoy the combo challenges a lot, so I hope they do it like this.