Arcade stick vs.controller?

Do you like arcade sticks or the home system controllers better?

• Total voters

whtillnvrb

In the online video interview EGM has with Ed Boon he hints that they may release a arcade stick for the new MK. Would you buy it maybe as a Kollectors package with the game or do you prefer the controller to the big button arcade sticks?

Well since it brings back the old days then yes, unless they give some ridiculous price for it, then I would still buy it. Besides having an Xbox, the D-pad messes me up a bit anyway.

For the most part no i wouldnt buy it, but if it had a cool Render of KANO on it i might think about it!

I definitely prefer a controller to a stick. Even though I grew up with arcade gaming, I just never really got to the point where I could play that way competently.

At any rate, if they release an MK pad, I'm there. I have a SFIV Fightpad, but the diagonals on that thing are a pain in the ass.

stick everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

btw have you SEEN my MK stick?

29f9htl.jpg

i hope to god MK releases a commercial stick, with a manufacturer who is worth a shit and have quality parts.

Both but if they release stick don't think it's in Kollector's edition because game is $59.99, don't think it's included

I'd prefer a controller. I hope it is there will be a special design of the new MK for a PS3 controller.

I prefer a controller. I always end up doing diagonals on a stick, even the controllers joystick. I most prefer the D-pad. A button press is much more precise that moving in a direction.

It all depends, for Arcade Mode Stick all the way, if Im being lazy and just gonna go a couple rounds or play story mode, then controller.

I would for sure BUY a commercial arcade stick, They just better use real concave push buttons and real old skool Happ Joysticks, or iL joysticks would work. And it needs to me made where you can replace or inner change buttons and joysticks.

stick everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

btw have you SEEN my MK stick?

29f9htl.jpg

i hope to god MK releases a commercial stick, with a manufacturer who is worth a shit and have quality parts.
I hope so, too. I have the SFIV arcade stick for the 360 and I'm pretty disappointed with it. You can't use it to navigate the dashboard, so I have to use a second controller to launch games. The stick and buttons are horrible, too. At some point, I'll make my own stick but if they release an MK stick, I sincerely hope they use arcade-standard parts if/when they do.

I hope so, too. I have the SFIV arcade stick for the 360 and I'm pretty disappointed with it. You can't use it to navigate the dashboard, so I have to use a second controller to launch games. The stick and buttons are horrible, too. At some point, I'll make my own stick but if they release an MK stick, I sincerely hope they use arcade-standard parts if/when they do.

The MadCats TE sticks are wonderful............for every fighter but MK. and i've never had any of those problems with the TE's i've used (i have 6 total now)

Hmm, it's a tough one. I used to always play MK in the arcades but I've gotten so used to using the controller. Hmm, I'd say both.