PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

lmao at the psp thing.

I have no problem with this game on PC as long as it doesn't take away from any focus on progressing in the development stage. I know that translating the game to a different system doesn't take very long, but maybe it's best to release it on the PC after the original release date.

I'd really like it on the PC also, but it's something that will never happen I think. PC game sales are already a lot less then consoles, fighting games sales would even less.

I'm more of a pc gamer normally but I think I would rather own MK9 for a console. I'll sign anyway and just buy it twice! XD

MK9 back on the PC would be so GREAT.

I really hope that the guys from netherrealm studios make a version for the PC too.

The number of versions on the PC, not including ROM hacks, makes believe "no".

But I've been wrong before.

PC is not a platform I would normally use for fighters. I'll stick to buying it on the PS3. Free online and functional D-pad ftw.

Not much of an audience on PC for fighters, and it's got smaller in recent years. SFIV's sales were abysmal for example.

That said, since they're using UE3, it wouldn't be very hard to make a PC version as well if WB believes it's viable.

does anyone know if there will be a pc version at last? :p I don't have a ps3 or an xbox but this game is so amazing that I wanna get a ps3 just for THAT :p I'm hopeful since now warner bros is in the picture, meaning a good budget compared to the past, but does anyone know something for sure? all I got is that ed boon said they were considering it for this game

MK9 is a console game, get a console already and save all the unnecessary hassle,

just sayin

I recently made a switch over to the PC where I now play the vast majority of my games. Mortal Kombat is one of the (very) few reasons I'm holding onto my 360. But I would much rather the game on PC, no doubt about it.

Few points -

It makes sense financially. Sales may be less on PC but profit margins are much higher than console. There are no console licensing fees nor packaging and distribution costs for selling the game online only.

The game is also pretty much done, a decent port is pretty quick and easy to do and will not hurt anyone.

Control options are not a problem on PC, it's more flexible than console there.

Fighting games are pretty thin on PC, releasing the game for a respectable price on a service like Steam will see PC gamers respond with buying the game (PC game prices are tradionally less than console, i.e. Portal 2 and The Witcher 2 at $US49.99 is reasonable).

Trying to gouge PC gamers with console prices like $US60 and up or doing a shoddy port will result in increased piracy and poorer sales.

Last edited:
This isnt coming because the system specs to run this game smoothly at 60 fps would be too high on a pc. thus eliminating any sales

I'd really like it on the PC also, but it's something that will never happen I think. PC game sales are already a lot less then consoles, fighting games sales would even less.

They'll rise if LG gets it's way. God I hope LG loose. Just look up the court case if you've not heard :(

I recently found MK3 and 4 for PC in some old boxes, can't tell you how much I missed playing them on PC. I say port MK9 to PC once it's been released on consoles. Also wouldn't mind a port to the NGP when it's released like Chillinja said.

This isnt coming because the system specs to run this game smoothly at 60 fps would be too high on a pc. thus eliminating any sales

Ahahaha no.

Consoles are pretty old hardware, like 2005 old. Any half decent PC in the last four years would run it with ease.