PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

I am not DoA fan, actually only tried DoA 5 with my friend.
I don't have console. But i think it's fun game.

Yes game, we are talking about games here and they should not be realistic IMO. If MK is realistic it would be boring and not fun.
Yeah Sonya's face is little weird, reminds me of transsexual little bit but it's not a big deal for me. I think this MK was huge success because gamers like it as it is. Everything about it is over the top, models, gore, brutalism...

Last edited:
Hey as I said I do not look for realism. I look for my favorite special forces fighter, which is nowhere to be found. The only thing was this weird faced, Stripper forces female (with high heels) whose name is also Sonya Blade(what a coincidence). Gore, blood, x ray and fatalities are awesome and Raiden forbid for them to be changed or removed. But the thing I was trying to point out, is that females lose quality as characters. You cannot take them seriously. You can already see that they were made only for "sex appeal" so more teenagers would join in for the sake of seeing their clothes ripped.

Clothing damage for females is also bullshit (not that I say it should be removed, as it adds good after battle effect), cause the way it works is just stupid. Clothes on purpose rip at specific locations, so to "tease" a player.
While playing you don't really see any of that design stuff, as you concentrate on having fun, but when you win a battle you see your female fighter stand up in front of you, while bouncing her sandbags and saluting you(while her IMPRACTICAL vest is ripped apart and shouldn't be able to hold on anymore) and then I think "was I fighting Mortal Kombat battle or was I taking part in a cat fight between Kitana and Sonya?"

Sorry if that sounded like bit%^ing. Knowing that Mortal Kombat 9 is finally going to be released on PC and I will have a chance to change that stripper filled cast into proper fighter team, must have relaxed my tongue and fingers to the point I starting writing in this forum like tommy gun.

^ Maybe you should blame them for using UE3 too?
Because it's old and it can't do wonders when it come to models and realism. I think that they did if not best almost best they could with it.

I think we are having a hard time, when it comes to understanding.

I wrote in my previous message (I think I wrote pretty clearly, not to mention it is the very first sentence). "I do NOT look for realism". I am talking about female design which are disproportionate even by MK standards.

Because it's old and it can't do wonders when it come to models

There is no need for wonders to change female design, so they wouldn't look like triangle dolls. U3 engine is capable of achieving even more than that. What I am pointing out is that females and males look like two different races. Male ones look like what they should look like and females look like anything, but MK characters I know from previous games.

Please read more carefully what I write. I don't need realism in game which is based on unreal gore fest. I need proportions and proper clothing design which reflects on what are those MK characters. Not a half naked girl with tag which says "sonya blade special forces".
But again on July 3rd this should be fixed.

^ Well than i don't see that sorry.
For me both Males and Females look equally good, don't have problem with that.

I guess it depends on what people look for in that game. I liked Subzero and Sonya since Mortal Kombat 1. While Subzero progressed and evolved, Sonya (since MK4) was degraded to teenager's wet dream. It really hurt.

aaand that creates huge disadvantage for movement. So unless you walk or dance ballet, you can't move for shit. All the stuff Sonya, Jade, Kitana, Mileena, etc do in MK would break those high heels in a couple of seconds. High heel is THE most impractical invention created by humankind and if I could, I would find and kill the dude who decided, that horse riders shoes are practical for the use in daily life. If you fight, it is either boots, sandals or barefoot, but definitely NOT high heels.

magic, dude, its all in the magic

Seriously though, I know what you're talking about and I agree. But then again, this game doesn't go the realistic route in any shape or form.

Male ones look like what they should look like

Show me an Asian Monk (Shaolin or whatever) having huge shoulders and Schwarzenegger arms like Liu Kang and Kung Lao do.

If anything the male models are just as bad as the female models...

Last edited:
I have a questions about what are we getting with KE:

Ok 4 new characters these are: Skarlet, Kenshi, Raid and Freddy. But are they unlocked from the beginning?
3 Klassic Fatalities, these are for 3 characters right and they are just bonus, don't replace new ones?
And what exactly are 15 Klassic Skins?

They're DLC so yes they're unlocked from the beginning. The 3 klassic fatalities are in addition to the current fatalities for that character so Sub-zero for example has 3 fatalities. The Klassic are exactly as the name implies, they're classic costumes. For example Sub-Zero, Reptile, Scorpion have their MK 1 attire, Jade, Mileena, Kitana have their MK 3 and possibly MK II attire and Cyrax and Sektor have their MK 3 attire.

The only thing that bothers me about this game is Sonya's first fatality, the one in which she rips apart the opponent with her legs. The way it's realized blatantly defies any laws of physics and just looks ridiculous.

We're not talking "realistic" here, or whether someone can have the leg muscle strength to execute this properly. It just looks illogical, just how it would look if I throw an apple up in the air, and instead of falling down, it falls upwards and lands on the ceiling.

I think I know where are you coming from. If I am wrong please feel free to correct me.
While playing Mortal Kombat 9 it is not really obvious, but there are a lot of... interesting design choices. I have nothing to say about male fighters or the background art, because they look awesome, but females... good Raiden.. Mortal Kombat was never about being realistic, but there is also a limit to how much you can deform female characters. Huge chest is usual crap for "sex sells" policy, but it is nothing compared to hips being almost twice as small as torso, arms being big as legs and Sonya looking like someone has smashed her face and decided to put some make up to hide all of the deformations (poor girl). And oh boy don't get me started with clothing design... even if it is hard I could live with all that "ninja" outfits they gave to kitana and jade (mileena is something like succubus, so it is understandable) or "Special Forces gear" which was given to Sonya, but why... just WHY in Raiden's name you gave them... High heels?
Game is really awesome and when you're having fun you don't really pay attention to such things, but when you look closer you can clearly see that females are nothing more than deformed, disproportionate dolls for lone teenagers to play with. It really kills the quality of at least female cast, especially if you have some favorites in there (like Sonya Blade). But now as Mortal Kombat 9 is coming to pc, that will be fixed with the best available resource... mods.

I honestly believe that the unhuman bodies of female characters are side effects from the original idea of "hey guys, let's make huge tits for them, all the kids love huge tits!'" :D When you put those ridiculous balloons on a normal body it just looks bad so they had to come up with this "mutant-Barbie" feel.

I do believe so. Cause when I saw Sonya's model in 3dmax, I had only single thought in my head "wtf?". Not an hourglass shape, but a triangle. Well just need to wait a few more days and "f^ck you MK9 sonya"

Show me an Asian Monk (Shaolin or whatever) having huge shoulders and Schwarzenegger arms like Liu Kang and Kung Lao do.

Steroids my friend. That's the magic. But if anything they just gave them bodybuilders body and slapped name tag "Kung Lao", next "Liu Kang", next... in short you get the idea. And if you look at the model from front, it is at least proportional. Head size and body are proportional the same is with chest and hips. You can try to put liu kang front photo on bodybuilder photo and see that it has very minimal difference in build. But with females... I can bet 50 bucks with ease, that there is not a single female front photo which could match MK female body sizes. Unless you use photoshop. I could show a good example but I am not sure if I can upload photos in this thread.

Last edited:
It feels like time is just messing around with us. When they first announced the release date for pc, that month just melted into seconds... but now only 4 days left and it feels that every minute is like an hour.

8125818192_4069dfcdcb_z.jpg

Those final few days will be sooooo long... I installed Steam last night, had a tiny issue with the updating part, but I fixed it and it's all smooth now.

I wonder if MK will include 64 bit support...