PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

Well as a pc gamer i would want it for pc and i 've joined the petition, i know a pc can do all a console can do, better than a console, a lot more than a console, faster than a console, this is fact ( you will notice that some times it require faster hardwhere for pc just because the game is tuned for consoles and because of the shitty windows os which is not respect the hardwhere)
BUT i think they dont gonna realise it for pc just because the most pc gamers who want it on pc just like me they probably would download it cracked and then the people who have pc would say: why should i pay for it to play it on my console while i can just crack it for my pc? and this happens not only for mortal kombat as you have noticed, if you want this to change just show it by stop cracking your games and then ask for more.

Or you could just pirate it on your console.... It's so retarded that everyone thinks all PC gamers do is pirate and that piracy on console doesn't exist, even though games are pirated weeks before on a console than they are on a PC.

Honestly, if MK was to be ported to PC and put on Steam, it'd get a hell of a lot of sales. Maybe not as many sales as on a console (keyboard/mouse doesn't work too well with a game like MK and not a lot of PC gamers have gamepads) but it'd still make money. That money alone is enough reason for them to port the game to PC. I also doubt it'd be very hard to port it as it is built on the Unreal Engine which is optimized for PC gaming.

Consider this petition signed, by me. Let's hope NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. can bring us this great game onto the PC.

Well as a pc gamer i would want it for pc and i 've joined the petition, i know a pc can do all a console can do, better than a console, a lot more than a console, faster than a console, this is fact ( you will notice that some times it require faster hardwhere for pc just because the game is tuned for consoles and because of the shitty windows os which is not respect the hardwhere)
BUT i think they dont gonna realise it for pc just because the most pc gamers who want it on pc just like me they probably would download it cracked and then the people who have pc would say: why should i pay for it to play it on my console while i can just crack it for my pc? and this happens not only for mortal kombat as you have noticed, if you want this to change just show it by stop cracking your games and then ask for more.

So is he saying he wants it on pc, but that if it does come out on pc he would just pirate it anyway?

I hope the PC version make it , because playing this fantastic game in an upgrade hardware, to enhance the graphics and help the game to look even more beautiful than it already is, could be pretty cool ! And maybe a powerfull upgrade in CPU could help to run this game better, at very full capacity.

I didn't know "fighting" games were good on PC simply because of the keyboard and mouse, i know shooters are cant wait for BF3

Why is it that so many have the misconception that the PC is limited to keyboard and mouse controls?

On the PC you can use practically any controller, you can use Xbox360, PS3, Arcade sticks, Wii motes, steering wheels, wireless, wired, nunchucks and if a control does not work, it can be made to work through custom methods. In short, the PC has few limitations. If a game only uses the keyboard and mouse, you can use programs to change this as well.

Why is it that so many have the misconception that the PC is limited to keyboard and mouse controls?

On the PC you can use practically any controller, you can use Xbox360, PS3, Arcade sticks, Wii motes, steering wheels, wireless, wired, nunchucks and if a control does not work, it can be made to work through custom methods. In short, the PC has few limitations. If a game only uses the keyboard and mouse, you can use programs to change this as well.

That's it, currently, I use a Xbox 360 joystick in PC to play any game, not only fighting games.

Some pieces of a jigsaw puzzle keeps floating in my mind. Can't make a proper picture out of them so if anyone can help you're most welcome to try. Putting the pieces below:
- Piracy has been there since the dawn of gaming era. If it really hurts the developers that bad then we wouldn't see this day, the day when game development is one of the best places for making money. It's a freaking huge market and it only grew at an unimaginably faster rate.
- All games are made using PC. So all games are PC portable. Some are hard, some are easier but possible none the less.
- Even games that are released only for consoles are also being pirated at a rate which is equal to the rate at which a PC game is pirated. This quantity really depends on which platform is more popular or most used.
- There are three types of gamers now in general in terms of use of platform. One are the people who only invest in consoles for gaming, one are the people who are PC gamers and cannot invest further for gaming as they spend most for PC, the other group is the smallest group in the world who heavily invest in both platforms.
- Pirates and Game Developing companies have one thing in common, they both are focused in money making and none of them cares about what gamers want from their product now a days.
- Game developers are not considering moving into the pirated markets with their products. There are people who are ready to choose an original disk over a pirated disk if they are given the option.
- Game developers are not willing to sacrifice some revenue by marketing their games at a lower cost and price in 3rd world countries. They would rather choose NO revenue.
- The delay that takes place in porting some consoles games to PC is intentional. First, make money through consoles while checking the game's possibilities in porting through forums like this, then decide whether to make the port. If projected sales target is met, "let's do a cost analysis of porting", if projected sales target exceeded expectation, "Let PC gamers rot in their homes", if projected sales target failed measurably, "PC gamers who?"
- They don't make games like they used to.

About Mortal Kombat series, I love this title, I grew up playing this game. Arcade, Nintendo, Sega and then PC for MK4. I watched all the movies, following the web series of MK Legacy. I also remember how they took this title away from PC, just like many other titles that deserve to be played on a computer. And it hurts most with a strange mix of funny feeling that you get when you see someone stepping on a puddle of mud in brought day light, I get that feeling when I see some First Person Shooters and some Third Person Shooters also are being released only for consoles.

NetherRealm, just do it already ffs! Don't miss out on additional profit! Also, you're turning your back on a portion of MK fan base...that's baaad. FYI, there are countries, especially in East Europe, where PC is a dominant platform. And yes, we can use a gamepad to play the bloody fighting game on PC!

Ed Boon said on his Twitter that the final decision hasn't been made. Soo...he doesn't say NO! ;p I think that they will release it after the holidays when all DLC's will be out. The PC version will contain all DLCs and it will be called...Ultimate Mortal Kombat ;p This makes sense!

Ed Boon said on his Twitter that the final decision hasn't been made. Soo...he doesn't say NO! ;p I think that they will release it after the holidays when all DLC's will be out. The PC version will contain all DLCs and it will be called...Ultimate Mortal Kombat ;p This makes sense!

I totally second that and support this idea ! I love the MK 2011 in console versions, but I'm a PC gamer too, and, when a good game like this one is released for Ps3/360, I would love to see it in PC plataform. In fact, if released, I even plan to upgrade my hardware to run this game in the best resolution possible, using all resources this game could offer.

And yeah, they should release with all the first four DLC (Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and ???) as native default characters ..... this way, the PC version could have a good stuff accomplished, in order to promote the MK 2011 version in this plataform.

PC is getting left out on alot of thing, Red Dead Redemption to name a few. I'm all up for it being ported to PC.

who knows, maybe Heavy Weapons guy will be a guest character

i would buy the pc version..... it's mk.... who wouldnt buy anything they release is a big dumbass....

mk > all.

ill support neatherealm with anything they come out with ill gladly give money to them even donate lol. let them come out with packs kenshi rain new chars stages dlcs BRUTALITIES I WANT THIS ill pay 30 $ for this lol

OK, First off, It's simple, the reason all these console buffs are making 20,000 excuses why it should not get ported to pc is very simple. they acknowledge that pc gamers are the supreme god race of gamers and they fear the insatiable butt whupping they will get. but i want the MK team to look at this from a different perspective. we can assist in boosting console and controller sales cuz when we piss off console users with our leet skills they tend to smash their consoles and controls and sometimes damaging the tv irrepairably along with it. this could help boost led tv sales as well if only just an inch. every little helps in this economy and just might end up in the history books as "How Mortal kombat saved the world" for the newspaper headline.

2. PIRACY HAS A BOTTOM LINE! And i think it is this.. if someone can afford the game THEY WILL BUY IT! i for one will buy it for the packaging aesthetics and omg did u see the official MK fight stick? i was about to bite the bullet and buy a ps3 but when i consider i gotta also get a 3d projector, i gotta get 2 fight sticks cuz it's just unfair to my buddies playing vs me on uneven gear. id have to spend a pretty buck when i already have a very fine pc gaming system. MK uve left me out of the loop here.. get a pc port!

3. when u do get a port make sure it's compatible and allows pc gamers to fight console gamers on the same server. provide the game with server so ppl can run their own servers publicly or privately. this will end the need for u to administer servers and take alot of flack when u fail maintain a 100% uptime.

4. and finally.. i left 4 for last cuz it is an awesome number. it is also the last version of MK that i played cuz to be frank.. those other ideas MK followed with were total trash except for mk vs dc which guess what.. wasnt ported to pc. so u suck.. i almost felt like i felt when metallica went on their st anger stint. you raised my eyebrows and had me consider buying a ps3 for mk9. dont let me down here, if piracy is your main concern dont worry i want your awesome packaging on my shelf with the neat lil booklet and all that is so awesome.

P.S. - This is for nourishing the power-on and play(console) ppl. ive been running my pc on a tv via svideo for years. It's been great. also .. can your console setup 3X 32 inch led tvs..you may be able to experience this in oh say.. year 2030 when consoles catch up to pc.. i be playing video games on one screen, watching a movie on the other and have my moves list up on the other lol. At the end of the day.. PC is the shiznit and if a pc port doesnt come, im giving up fighting games and sticking with fps. if you do bring it ill buy every mortal from 1 just for the original packaging in my collection.. except the crap after mk4 of course!

Just wanted to add.. im a highly experienced I.T. Tech and i happen to know how you can port this game to pc and avoid piracy at least for the first 2-3 years maybe. and it is by using a usb dongle provided with the game that has your special encryption on it. ppl can pirate it off torrents all they like but the game wont run unless that usb stick is there. dont know how cheaply u can get this done, but it is a method that could work wonders for you!

Please use the edit button, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not interesting in the slightest. Incoherence spewed from man-child's mouth shouldn't be labeled as "interesting".

So basically, I as a PC gamer should be treated worse, because someone "pirated" something which I had nothing to do with? That article just REEKS of stupid. You're better off taking a gun and shooting your foot than embarrassing yourself that way...Seriously...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/09/15/we-ask-gabe-newell-about-piracy-drm-and-episode-three/

PC Gamer: Do you have a good sense of piracy rates with Steam games?

Gabe Newell: They’re low enough that we don’t really spend any time [on it]. When you look at the things we sit around and talk about, as big picture cross game issues, we’re way more concerned about the stability of DirectX drivers or, you know, the erroneous banning of people. That’s way more of an issue for us than piracy.

Will you ever learn?

1) Get your game to Steam.
2) MINIMAL pirating.
3) ???
4) PROFIT.

My only problem which I have with MK being on PC is that I don't have interest in getting it. And who is that to blame? Pirates? No. PC? No. Midway/NRS? YES. You've alienated your games from PC for so long, that to tell you the truth I wouldn't buy MK9 myself. Give me ONE good reason why I should buy a product from a company which ignored my favorite gaming platform with so many of their previous titles.

^^ this is exactly how im beginning to feel. they just ignored pc for so long.. maybe we should just be happy with our fps.. bf3 coming soon and that is going to pwn in multiplayer. sf4 came out for pc but im not really a sf kinda guy.. i was born and bred on mk. well i guess al we can do is give them some time to figure out if they care about us pc gamers.. but wont change the fact im among those already starting to feel like second choice, just cuz theyre console sales are failing after the first 900,000 sales. now they turn to us pc gamers to save game sales statistics for them. at this point im just waiting and watching. with no pc port i wont even be interested in an mk movie, cartoon or anything mk. cant believe a bunch of noobs are all getting better than me in mk9 all cuz i dont have nor ever really wanted a ps3. imma huish now cuz its like i keep getting more upset the more i talk about it!

I agree with everyone here i was a huge mk fan back in the day from mk1-mk3 mk4 i tried but was really annoyed by it and the whole 3D movement thing then when mkDA came out i was like this is going to be great and literally sucked for me. i didnt get to try mk vs DC cause of no pc support nor Wii support which i got also. I was thinking about buying either a 360 or a ps3 for mk9 but decided its not worth the 400 dolalrs i would have to spend just to get the game. i hear the same complaints by every ps3 and 360 fanboy "but pc's you gotta upgrade once a year to keep up with the games coming out" and every time ive proved them wrong. right now my rig is 2 years old and i run portal 2 at max. graphic wise my pc is one amazing beast.

I thought that PC gaming essentially died a couple of years ago, but apparently not.

you do know millions of pc gamers just flipped you off right? 5 million on counterstrike alone, along with 5 mil on TF2, get this numbers 30 million on everquest 2, 60 million on WOW, and this is daily numbers. and its growing daily the numbers just keep going up and up. last i heard 7 mil on farmville, 5 mil on frontierville, etc. to put mk on the pc which if anyone knew the actual numbers of the original mk's on mame being used you would really be suprised.

curious

Hey,all.I'm new guy here.I want to ask something about the newest mortal kombat game.Why do the developer don't make the pc version of it?Many pc gamer would like to play it.This game is awesome since street fighter 4.Can someone please tell me why?

N.B.:I hope that the developer would make the pc version