PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

Hello everyone!

Decided it's time to say hi here because I've been reading & checking this post every day for months now. I've never played MK9 because I never owned a PS3 / X360 but soon I'll be in able to play my favorite game on PC and I'm very excited for it. I've been Mortal Kombat fan from ever since I can remember. Gonna roll with Rain / Ermac / Noob Saibot as main fighters most likely.

Add me on Steam if you want to. See you online!

me too,never play Mortal Kombat 2011 before because i can't buy PS3 or Xbox 360 !

They must be updating a lot of Steam today cause on the main page toward the bottom where it shows a list of new release specials etc, the options for specials and coming soon are gone.

hello. I am also was reading this thread but have never posted. I am huge fan or mortal kombat and I am looking forward to pc version. I was wondering will be there a demo while we wait for the release of full game?

There have been and will be times when ports have been released silently on Steam with no forewarning or preordering options available. At least however with Mortal Kombat's situation we have a release date. There are games which are being ported now that no one knows are coming.. especially if they aren't leaked by the Steam Registry or some online store.

BTW, as far as demos go I doubt it unless there was one on the consoles.... was there? I didn't follow that as I'm not a console gamer and don't care about console demos for the most part.

Maybe but just maybe there will be no pre-order?
Maybe game will appear on Steam and be available on July 3rd and that's it.
Because i don't think there will be any pre-order bonus for it.

What a sad looking amazon page for it. They could have at least edited up a version of the box editing out the console banner at the top for a PC game box banner. Either a games for windows (not LIVE, that doesn't nessarily denote live) or the generic PC game banner that's grey and striped that non games for windows certified games get. Would have taken all of two minutes...

Example....
imr.png

Smoke is absolutely right, though I myself really don't give a crap how the page looks like, or even whether a preorder will be made available, if High Voltage have done their job right and made a nice port of the game.

18 days and counting...

I wouldn't complain if they made a "new and epic" box art. But do you really think they would for a platform that is an afterthought at best to them? I'm sure NRS wouldn't shed a tear if the PC as a gaming platform went away. I don't think the PC release is such a high priority for NRS that they'd pull a graphic designer off of whatever they are doing now just to make a whole new box cover for the PC release. :)

All I'm saying is it'd be trivially easy to make at least a temporary placeholder for whatever Warner Bros. comes up with in the meantime so at least it doesn't look like the PC is an afterthought.

Last edited: