PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

It would be great if they released thw game for the PC. Not only am I buying the 360 versoin, but I'd also buy the PC version as well.

Ahahaha no.

Consoles are pretty old hardware, like 2005 old. Any half decent PC in the last four years would run it with ease.

say what you want. i know that UE3 is optimized for consoles and that new UE3 games on pc are asking for quad cores.

Free online that has bad mic quality, bad connections, and server down time FTW!!!!

...and really cheap players, lol.

I have only played on Live a few times but it seemed like there were more mature people on it who actually wanted to play games properly. I don't know if there is a difference or if I just got lucky while playing with these people but, when it comes to PSN, I hardly find anyone who wants to play non-cheap or have a really good bout.

...and really cheap players, lol.

I have only played on Live a few times but it seemed like there were more mature people on it who actually wanted to play games properly. I don't know if there is a difference or if I just got lucky while playing with these people but, when it comes to PSN, I hardly find anyone who wants to play non-cheap or have a really good bout.

Really? I find it the opposite, while maybe there is an equal amount of immature people, but there seem to be much more prominent on the X360 with everyone having microphones, compared to the PS3 where it's kinda rare unless it's a group of people. But that may just be my experience.

I don't understand why people want to play a fighter on a PC, though. I mean, I usually game on my PC for everything else, but isn't it annoying for this specific type of game? In that respect I would much rather play the game on the 360/PS3.

How is playing a fighter on the pc any different or more annoying than on a console?

I'd buy a pc version. They should release MK on Steam eventually.

I don't understand why people want to play a fighter on a PC, though. I mean, I usually game on my PC for everything else, but isn't it annoying for this specific type of game? In that respect I would much rather play the game on the 360/PS3.

What do you mean you don't understand why people would want to play a fighter on a PC? What difference does it make? You're not going to tell me you need to use a keyboard/mouse for a fighter on the PC are you? Who on earth would do that? lol.

say what you want. i know that UE3 is optimized for consoles and that new UE3 games on pc are asking for quad cores.

I can't think of a single PC game where the minimum requirement is a quad core. Not one. Not that it would matter since a three year old dual core plus any half decent GPU of the last four years could handle Mortal Kombat with ease. That's not a slight on Mortal Kombat by any means but an indication of just how far behind consoles are when compared with a PC in terms of tech.

Please use the edit button, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't think of a single PC game where the minimum requirement is a quad core. Not one. Not that it would matter since a three year old dual core plus any half decent GPU of the last four years could handle Mortal Kombat with ease. That's not a slight on Mortal Kombat by any means but an indication of just how far behind consoles are when compared with a PC in terms of tech.

360s and PS3s both have multiple cores inside they are limited by their OS. in my experience with pc games, even when the game ran well it still didnt have the constant smoothness that a console had, always a stutter or hiccup but thats just my experience. and wanna see a game asking of quad cores?? take a look at the new BULLETSTORM from epic games. same UE3 engine asking for a quad core. IM not doubting that PC could handle the game but i just have a feeling that this game would have pretty high minimums since its locked AT 60 frames AND they dont have any visual sliders. the sales would be pretty low.

and just curious what do you consider a half decent gpu. i wanna look into one =P

As a guy who grew up playing the PC versions of the classic MKs, I'd totally buy a Steam version of MK. After all, I can always use a joystick and link the computer and the TV...

Not much of an audience on PC for fighters, and it's got smaller in recent years. SFIV's sales were abysmal for example.

That said, since they're using UE3, it wouldn't be very hard to make a PC version as well if WB believes it's viable.

You are right, and but the major reason SFIV didnt sold very big on pc was because people downloaded the game instead of buying it.
Offcourse this also happen with the 360, but most people stil buy legit versions because they want to play online, wich keeps a fightgame fresh.
Yes i know the PS3 has also been hacked, but thats a really really small group of people who does that, and the same reason apply as with the 360, people love to play online and with a hacked version you cant do that, well you can but there is a big chance you're getting screwed.
This is the reason Capcom decided not to bring out SSFIV for the pc in the first place, but because a large group stil wants it they are stil debating wether or not to do it.

My monitor is also my TV. I play MK2 on my ps3, as well as my PC, guess what? No diff.

Let me rephrase, playing MK on a 52"+ screen is better than playing on anything less.
I've played on both, guess what? Big difference.

Really? I find it the opposite, while maybe there is an equal amount of immature people, but there seem to be much more prominent on the X360 with everyone having microphones, compared to the PS3 where it's kinda rare unless it's a group of people. But that may just be my experience.

I must have gotten lucky on Live, then. I don't play my 360 much so I wasn't too sure but I found a lot of PS3 players to be complete buttwipes.

I'd like to see a NGP port when it gets released.

This.

When it was revealed Sony went over how easy it is to transition PS3 games to NGP, with one developer It only took them a week. But I'm concerned about the Storage space though, they've only announced 2GB and 4GB Flash Cards at the moment, but the storage space for portable media is expanding a lot.