PC version of Mortal Kombat 9...

You'd be surprised how easy it actually is to play the pirate version online via Steam. Obviously the pirates can't play with legit owners, only the pirates can play with each other. And that's all I'm going to say about that ;)

You would be surprised how many things don't surprise me especially regarding pirates.

Obviously the pirates can't play with legit owners, only the pirates can play with each other.

Obviously they can you meant. Mortal Kombat protection level is = average PC. To connect servers so pirates and legitimate players could play is very much possible. It just depends on if anyone is willing to do it.

Shredder, what is your Steam ID? Not the profile, I can't see your ID there, and there's like a shitton of Shredders on Steam - the Steam ID that you use to log in.

I can add friends now, I just sent an invite to Zaxx.

I have disabled my mic as well, actually, I don't even have a mic, but I also disallowed it via the options.ini file of the game, so that I'm not drowned in a sonic stream of static every time I play with someone else, that's got their mic on.

Last edited:
I have Zax in my friends list so you can find me from there

Now for something more important that i found. This http://steamcommunity.com/app/237110/discussions/0/864972399874794038/#p4

Game is region blocked. This mean that i that i live in a europe country
it will show me only people from europe online
someone who lives US for him this means that it will show him only people from US, for those who live in africa it shows only people from africa. Do you understand now? they must remove it. Post there too.

Dude... I can see you being amongst Zaxx's friends, but I cannot see your actual ID to add. All I see is your Steam display name - SHREDDER. And I cannot search for a SHREDDER, within 30 pages of "Shredders". PM me with your actual ID, or add me using mine - "gyzimaki". I am online right now.

Your laptop should be able to play it on high settings spec-wise, the only caution I would give is that laptop computers do not always behave well with games.

So with these specs the game should work 100% with 60 FPS and High-Texture quality?

That's great, can't wait to buy the game unfortunately i've been a fan for the game since i was a little kid (Mortal Kombat 3)

but i always hated the consoles and gamepads and never managed to adapt to them, so i couldn't play any game after MK4 except for some emulating with PCSX2....

Thanks for your respond

P.S: i have been a laptop gamer for a 4 years now, and a made my way through most of the problems you are talking about, but thank you for your sincere concern :)

Last edited:
Nice one! If anybody spots a SteamDB entry for Injustice, let us know, so we can keep track of it. History's repeating itself - an Amazon listing initially started the hype around a PC version of MK, and now, here it is. I suspect that things will unfold in pretty much the same fashion for Injustice.

It might have changed FOR YOU alone. Add me on Steam - "gyzimaki". We can try a few matches to assess how the lag is, since I got a direct connection and no closed ports.

Since you play with other people online, that might not have their ports open, you might still be experiencing lag. I'm going outside for a walk with the doggie, will be back in about an hour and a half. Send me a friend request on Steam so we can see how this goes once I'm back.

And yeah - MK >>>> Injustice. I would still buy it and play it though, if it comes out on the PC.

MK > Injustice
I opened the ports, nothing changed.

Because the people who you played online didnt have the ports open. Both people must have the ports open to not have lags. If only one of them has them open then the game will lag. We must make sure that more people will learn about it. Spread the word by posting on steam forums and other pc forums. I played with Zaxx and didnt have lag.

Just finished playing few matches with @ionicle it was by far most pleasing experience since i installed the game even though he kicked my ass lol. ;)
It was maxed out and we played without lags, at 60fps for me.

Well, if there is something I can guarantee to anyone playing with me, is that you won't get nasty fps drops because of my machine: MK runs silky smooth and rock stable with everything maxed out.

And thank you, Rider, looking forward to another round of training with you! Don't listen to him, I suck right now, partly because of that freakin' keyboard ghosting affecting 3 of my 4 directional keys ( A, S, and D ), as well as Y and J ( Throw and Block respectively ), and partly because I am just too predictable at this level. That is why I am missing the Run button from MK3 so, so MUCH - it used to provide a certain level of dynamics to the game, and presented unique opportunities for lightning-fast and proper positioning on the field, something that I cannot do dashing if I am like half a screen away or more from the opponent.

^ Yeah i noticed problems with keyboard too. It's kinda slow. Can't dash sometimes and if i type fast some moves are not registered at all, i hope that it will be fixed.

I want to play as Smoke with the spear, it was possible on the hacked version of the 360, but not the ps3's.