Who else wants no Moves List?

Ghost

Since they are bringing back the old school Mortal Kombat, I kind of want them to not include a moves list. Let us find the moves and secrets by ourselves, just for the nostalgia.

a moves list covering specials I wouldn't mind, but keep the Finishers and extras a secret. Leak one every little bit if it hasn't been found yet. It'll add to the longevity of the game by making people come back to the console wanting to see what it does when it's discovered by the masses.

a moves list covering specials I wouldn't mind, but keep the Finishers and extras a secret. Leak one every little bit if it hasn't been found yet. It'll add to the longevity of the game by making people come back to the console wanting to see what it does when it's discovered by the masses.
This is exactly what I want. To have the finishers and secret characters and so on a secret but the move lists still in there. EXCELLENT!

I'm pretty sure people aren't going to play a game, if they don't know what to do. Sorry to break it to you, but this isn't the 90s, and MK is not an arcade game anymore. If there's a Fatality, then I want to know how to do it; I am not going to spend/waste my time trying a bunch of different button configurations at different distances. If the new MK used the Kreate-A-Fatality system, then sure, I don't need a guide. But, with character-specific fatalities, all with different button commands and distance requirements? I don't think so.

Last edited:
I agree. One of the best parts of MK 1-3 was finding new finishing moves. Leak one every now and then, but as many people will be playing this game, I'd wager that it won't be but a few months before all of the finishers are discovered, either.

Omg this would be awesome! I would love getting to figure out the fatalities again. That's so much more fun. Boon and Tobias knew how to market the game with the never ending secrets and easter eggs for people to find. Everytime the buzz starts dying about the game release something to keep us playing.

Not like we need a book to tell us how to do Scorpions spear or Sub-Zeros freeze.

I often wondered why they stopped all the secret stuff?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure people aren't going to play a game, if they don't know what to do. Sorry to break it to you, but this isn't the 90s, and MK is not an arcade game anymore. If there's a Fatality, then I want to know how to do it; I am not going to spend/waste my time trying a bunch of different button configurations at different distances. If the new MK used the Kreate-A-Fatality system, then sure, I don't need a guide. But, with character-specific fatalities, all with different button commands and distance requirements? I don't think so.

Lol sorry to break it to you but for real MK fans, clearly unlike your lazy self, this would be a real treat.

Stuff like making the player learn is what made this game great. Spoiled players who buy guides to learn it are what's killing not only mk but games in general. How fun can it really be to be TOLD how to play a game that is entirely up to you how t play.

This is not Soviet Russia.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

We need the move list period. It doesn't have to be all the moves but just most of them We need them there otherwise I won't be able to enjoy the game.

Pfffffft take your pen and paper to the arcade like I did.

Sent from my Moment while I should be working...

Pfffffft take your pen and paper to the arcade like I did.

While it's commendable that you were hardcore when you were 9 years old with MK4 :)P), a move list is essential that a lot of fighters did in fact have stickers with a partial list to get players started. To this day, a lot of games don't quite have a full move list nor a tutorial on the intricacies of the game (for example, T6 doesn't have anything about just frames).

Intricate stuff should be left for players to figure out (and they are), as should fatalities, but a move list is not a bad idea by any means.

I can remember making Raiden dance like he was at the disco because I didn't have his MK moveset figured out.

its pretty pointless, the gamer guides eventually release the moves anyway.

You could always just, y'know, not look at the moves list. And Sub-Zero, don't be 'that guy' who goes around claiming to be the only 'real' fan. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter at all.

I can remember making Raiden dance like he was at the disco because I didn't have his MK moveset figured out.

its pretty pointless, the gamer guides eventually release the moves anyway.
Game guides are a sin, and the ones for fighting games are crap anyhow. The "best" combos and fight strategies either aren't worth anything or they don't actually work (i.e. the combos don't connect).

Since fatalities are a bonus, I don't they shouldn't be included in a "moves list". If you need it to actually play the game, sure, but otherwise, no.
You could always just, y'know, not look at the moves list. And Sub-Zero, don't be 'that guy' who goes around claiming to be the only 'real' fan. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter at all.
Yeah, and when someone actually figures out something on their own, they don't get the bragging rights they would had the list not been out there. I realize how petty that sounds, but it really effects the fun of the game for a lot of us.

Sub-Zero, don't be 'that guy' who goes around claiming to be the only 'real' fan. In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter at all.

It's pretty hilarious. The sad thing is, he isn't the only person in MK's fan base who thinks he's above other fans and "hardcore." Its quite pathetic, but not at all surprising.

Also, if you go around and brag just because you figured something out in a video game, then you are a complete tool. Moreover, for anyone who thinks strategy guides and lists ruins a game because everyone (as opposed to just a few elitist loser tools on the Internet/arcade) knows how to play: try improving your own game, and get over it. Otherwise, take your beating like an adult, or go play another game.