Support MK9 on SRK = See MK9 at EVO2k11?

Dammit_Rab

Hey guys, I'm new around here but I wanted to let everyone know that I decided to go ahead and post a "NEWS & DISCUSSION" Thread for MK9 over at Shoryuken. I wanted to share that with you all, just in case anybody hangs out over there as well.

Hopefully we can build some hype over on SRK and possibly see some support from those guys and maybe even see MK9 at EVO2k11. I'm gonna try to keep the first post updated as the news pours in, and hopefully that thread can spawn into its own sub-forum over there like Tekken, Smash, and KOF have.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=240888

Hope this isn't considered spam >_< I just want this game to be successful and getting SRK to recognize it is a big step along the way! If anybody would be willing to bump it now and then, I'd appreciate it and I'm sure the MK community as a whole would as well, in the end.
Thanks!

This game is the biggest news in the industry, as far as I can tell. I think it's promoting itself just fine and we're bound to see tournies for it. It's cool that you want to promote it, but it doesn't really seem necessary.

This game is the biggest news in the industry, as far as I can tell. I think it's promoting itself just fine and we're bound to see tournies for it. It's cool that you want to promote it, but it doesn't really seem necessary.
Yeah it's the most hyped MK, hell maybe even most hyped fighting game, in years.

More than just promoting it, I also just want to have a consolidated News thread like MvC3 and SSF4 have had. Those threads on SRK get alot of traffic, so I think that that's the first step in getting our "foot in the door" so to speak. From there we ideally get an MK Subforum like how some of those other games I mentioned have. People think that SRK is a Capcom only site, but they have plenty of other games on there.

As for hype, maybe its just the people I know and surround myself with, but it seems like MvC3 hype is pretty much blowing MK out of the water. Hell, the idea that the MvC3 thread at this very moment has 79 people discussing it, yet it seems like all the MK forums combined don't have that kind of attention. I know the game is early in development, but man, I feel like this game deserves more attention! Haha

We've been working on getting UMK3 alot more credit @ SRK lately as well and its doing VERY well. 2 recent tourneys have streamed VERY GOOD high level UMK3 and it has helped get UMK3 and this new MK alot of hype @ SRK, and this is huge.

We've been working on getting UMK3 alot more credit @ SRK lately as well and its doing VERY well. 2 recent tourneys have streamed VERY GOOD high level UMK3 and it has helped get UMK3 and this new MK alot of hype @ SRK, and this is huge.

haha I noticed! I watched some of that tournament that LI Joe won. you know all the top SF4 player dick-riders are gonna be all over MK now hahaha! Hopefully we can get this ****in ball rolling hard man. this game looks absolutely amazing so far.

haha I noticed! I watched some of that tournament that LI Joe won. you know all the top SF4 player dick-riders are gonna be all over MK now hahaha! Hopefully we can get this ****in ball rolling hard man. this game looks absolutely amazing so far.

yea it does. Super MK2 lol

but really i cant wait to play it but i also vow to get UMK3 to Evo 2011. Hopefully MK9 will be at a place worth considering come then as well.

Reminds me of MKII HDR, which is not a bad thing at all. I also read the EGM article. Ed Boon according to his own words, plays SSF4 extensively. Can somebody get Ed Boon to go to this year's EVO. I wanna see how good he is in SSF4.

Reminds me of MKII HDR, which is not a bad thing at all. I also read the EGM article. Ed Boon according to his own words, plays SSF4 extensively. Can somebody get Ed Boon to go to this year's EVO. I wanna see how good he is in SSF4.

I bet he plays ken

-Dammit_rab

I think the american players are just so accustomed to Mortal Kombat sucking. PLUS the whole MvC3 craze that's blowing up right now. I really hope MK9 doesn't take back seat to MvC3 honestly.
I'm willing to bet eventually SRK will feature MK9 as one of it's games but I see why they haven't yet.

Frankly as a Tekken junky I think the Tekken community should be ALLLLLLL over this new MK. The attack/frame system mimics Tekken's so much its ridiculous. It's basically looking like what Street Fighter vs Tekken + a block button would be like. I could assure you that this game will be hyped like crazy once it comes out.

PS: It's already in EVO2011's lineup this year. And PDP is holding a 21k prize pool tournament in May.

NRS studios and Warner Brothers is seriously trying their best to break MK into the tournament community AND make the fighting game community to expand 1000% in the United States and some other countries because of this game. It's nice to see an American fighting game that actually looks like its worth a shit. I only see good things happening for this game honestly.

Last edited:
I think the american players are just so accustomed to Mortal Kombat sucking. PLUS the whole MvC3 craze that's blowing up right now. I really hope MK9 doesn't take back seat to MvC3 honestly.
I'm willing to bet eventually SRK will feature MK9 as one of it's games but I see why they haven't yet.

Frankly as a Tekken junky I think the Tekken community should be ALLLLLLL over this new MK. The attack/frame system mimics Tekken's so much its ridiculous. It's basically looking like what Street Fighter vs Tekken + a block button would be like. I could assure you that this game will be hyped like crazy once it comes out.

PS: It's already in EVO2011's lineup this year. And PDP is holding a 21k prize pool tournament in May.

NRS studios and Warner Brothers is seriously trying their best to break MK into the tournament community AND make the fighting game community to expand 1000% in the United States and some other countries because of this game. It's nice to see an American fighting game that actually looks like its worth a shit. I only see good things happening for this game honestly.

Amen. Considering how well it's being spoken on in other forums for fighters [Dark Stalker, Tekken, SF, GG, BB, BR, KOF, and more... It looks like this game is going to hit it big time.]

Not only has this been one of the most hyped games in quite some time... But it's been one of the most hyped non-fps-games in quite some time! It's nice to see Gamestop back a game that ISN'T an fps! I think we're FINALLY going to start seeing a decrease in fps games! People are yearning for something different! Something original! MK is going to bring that to the table! I cannot wait to see mk sweep the shit out of everything off it's feet at the time. It's not just some game.. It's MK, and this time around, non fans are going to be able to see that! I cannot wait. We're going to show everyone what MK has been made of this whole time, and what they've been missing out on! This game is going to get the best reviews a game has seen in quite some time! I cannot wait! We're almost there! 8 DAYS!