Any Florida Grid players/locations?

dadxer

Good to see that a dedicated forum for this game still exists! We used to have a pretty good Grid community in South Florida, but most of the good arcades have died down here. It was very temporarily resurrected by a LAN center in Boca, then Boynton Beach that had 6 cabs but no one really played it, and the place has since gone out of business.

So, anyone in Florida post here? Anyone down here still play it and know where to find it? Would love to be able to get into it again...

Does Shiny still post here? Used to post on the same Grid message boards as him way back when... it's a shame we never got to play each other in our primes.

There was an arcade named Aladdins Castle in Orange Park mall that had 3 till it was sold to some arcade somewhere in Orlando in late 04 then a year later it got shut down thanks to Gay Simon malls.

Played the crap out of it for 3 years and i was #1 in score till some douche boosted to the top. #2 in cash.

And i have no idea where to find it anywhere. Just freaking make a remake with online support for PS3,360 and hell PC cuz i would love to play it again.

Hahaha Shiny what's goooood bro?

And, were those the machines that were at Rocky's Replay back in the day? Or XS Orlando? I had played the Grid in Orlando once or twice at those locations but never really found any competition. I think the very first time I was there I played some dude at Rocky's and beat him a couple of times before he ended up quitting/leaving.

Dude I live in Tampa and I wish I could find a machine somewhere. I know there's a pretty in' arcade in Orlando. I think it's called Game Over, but I'm not sure if they have it. There's another one in that general vicinity called Arcade Monsters that I sold my UMK3 machine to, but not sure if they have it either. I'd still love to buy one. I've seen them for sale sporadically, but never when I have the money or the space. I'm buying a house next year, and a new MK machine and a Grid machine are definitely on the list of amenities I'm adding to my castle haha.