NetherRealm Studios to release Mortal Kombat in March 2011

Look promising so hopefully it'll deliver. But the release date isn't the greatest given that Gears 3 at the very least is released then, and possibly Killzone 3. Capcom nailed SFIV's release date last year since it was the only good thing in Feb.

Re: Guys teh new mk trailer is here!!!!

WAY AWESOME!! Looks great, cannot wait, hope to see more fighters, YYYEEEEESSS!

Re: Guys teh new mk trailer is here!!!!

I am speechless, I cant wait to see how Scorpion will look like!!

The only problem I have with this is when it cuts to Shao Kahn in the gameplay part, his costume doesn't look like the one in the cinematic. Instead it looks like the same one from MK vs DCU. and yes, there IS a difference.

Still, I'm so friggin' excited!

Lol, watching the cinematic part reminds me of the animated trailer I made for my MK series, Mortal Kombat: A New Beginning - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VazsdzoIQiY

SWEEET! I just have to watch the video at home because the computer I have now does not allow videos. So I have to use the cpu at home. Finally there is true news to the next MK game. :)

Hey! I'm new here..

Anyways I have one question. They said that they are going back to the old 2d style.... From what I've seen in this trailer, I don't see much 2D... Of course I can be wrong and be looking at the wrong thing.

So can someone please explain that to me?

First of all, welcome to the forums.

The clues are simple really.
1. Take a good look at the arenas.
2. There are no signs of sidestepping whatsoever.

We are fairly sure thy WB took the SFIV approach and as of now, it seems to be a possitive one.

In tag team mode, I can't wait to put Mileena, Kitana, and Jade together.

I just saw the trailer in playstationlife.net and it was the BEST!!!!!! I want to play as Mileena and I might even want to learn how to play as Kung Lao and do that Buzzsaw fatality. Btw, Johnny Cage is HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOT!!!!

Last edited:
Thank you, I figured by 2d style they were talking more than graphics... I automatically assumed more like SFIV in terms of graphics, to be more cartooney.

Wow, that is probably the best MK trailer I've ever seen. The 2D mechanics look brilliant and a return to what made MK great! Tag-team is a brilliant idea and I'm really keen to see how it plays :D

Character-wise, the roster is looking brilliant already - think I like every character seen so far ;) Hopefully we'll end up with a decent amount, somewhere around 20 - 30 would be cool with me. Loving the old-school arena's too! So can't wait for this game!!

Did you guys know that Kira was tied up in the chains in Shao Kahn's Battle Area, replacing Sonya? You can see her towards the end of the video behind Kung Lao after he does his Buzzsaw fatality.

Speaking of the Buzzsaw fatalty, I hope more fatalities are nastier like that. I am definitely crossing my fingers for Mileena to be able to eat up her victim's from between the legs to the face while the enemy is laying on the ground. (I usually think about Kung Lao as the victim in this fatality idea I have for some reason.) Also, I have a strong feeling Jade will return. If she does, I hope she has a fatality where she'd shove her Bojutsu in an enemy's butt, going through the mouth I (usually think about Stryker and Johnny Cage as the victims in this fatality idea of Jade.)

Overall, this is what I'm pretty much waiting for. It is like Shaolin Monks but A LOT better. I also hope they have create a fighter mode.

My favorite characters that are confirmed:
Mileena (in the trailer)
Kitana
Sonya
Johnny Cage (in the trailer)

Favorite fatality in the trailer:
Kung Lao's Buzzsaw (I hope more of my favorite females have nasty fatalities such as this one.)

The characters I'm hoping to be in the roster are:
Jade (With her Bo and Razorang)
Tanya (With her boomerang and Kobu Jutsu Tonfa Blade.)
Li Mei (With her Kunlun Dao.)
Nitara (With her Kama.)
Sindel
Kano (With his knives.)
Sareena (With her Daggers and Demon Fang.)
New Characters

Last edited:
BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! BOOSH! :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2: :dancing2:

Color me impressed. Now I just have to wait for this massive video file to download so I can watch it again and again at will.

Game looks great so far!
If i was there i would give every one a pat on the back, Nice work!

Praise
1. Love the remix of the old arenas.
2. Thanks for bringing Johnny back - I DIG HIS NEW INK!
3. Mechanics/Timing/Combos look hot!

Concerns
1. Music not so hot - it's an important detail
2. Could give a little tune up to the fighting stance
Johnny cage, Sub Zero, and Night Wolf all looked the same or very close.
Maybe make them more unique/dynamic for all characters.

Just my 2 cents

If i could pre-order it now i would :)