Stylish Human Smoke Render by Grant Warwick

The Cursed

Hi everyone, I am new to the TRMK forums and since this is my official "Hey, how are ya doin'?" post, I figured I'd post something cool.

Check out this render of Human Smoke I found which was done by a freelance CG artist named Grant Warwick.
He apparently has no affiliation with any MK team, past or present, he is just a fan of the series (or at least from what I could tell from his profile on that site).

I found it on the CGSociety site incidentally:
http://sathe.cgsociety.org/gallery/846379/

I thought the costume looked great (that first pose is awesome), although I wouldn't want anything similar to be used in an actual Mortal Kombat release. The main reason being the 'Halo-esque' look to the armor (yes I said armour as in military style for anyone who hasn't clicked on the link yet, you will see what I mean). The cloth material parts of the costume I wouldn't have any issue with though. The fabric on the arms looks cool, as does the ornamental cloth on the front.

Also a funny creation from the same guy, just to make you smile:
http://sathe.cgsociety.org/gallery/835538/
Oh he's been a baaaaddd Santa!

Cheers

Really cool stuff. Good laugh with Santa too man. Great first post. Better than all of mine.

Welcome, but that would be great as Sub or Reptile, not Smoke, imo.

Impressive work but something is off, imo

Yeah, I know what you mean. The only thing that made me think it was Human Smoke at all was the... uh... smoke. It doesn't scream that character at all, the colour scheme doesn't jive, and like I said before, the Halo-like armour struck me as out of place. I just thought the render was nicely detailed and based on MK after all, so by default it was cool. It's funny, this design would actually be fairly good in a non-canon game, or perhaps a spin-off game like Special Forces or MKM:Sub Zero. I was thinking Shaolin Monks also, but naaaww, it wouldn't fit.

Words cannot express how awesome I find this render. The quality is practically photo-realistic. Yes the color scheme and stance led me to think Reptile at first, and I'm not saying it wouldn't look good as Reptile...but really I think this design would be fantastic for any of the MK ninjas.

I like how the armour is reminiscent of the Cyber Ninjas. As if he's partially been de-converted