New MK3 Bootleg for MAME

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Most of you may not know, but I picked up a bootleg MK3 off eBay last month. It's over in the hands of some of the MAME dumping team right now, hopefully will be emulated in not too long since it's Genesis based. So we'll have a whole new MK3 game available in MAME with totally different gameplay.

MAME World Info Thread

PCB Image

MK3Bootleg2.jpg

MK3Bootleg3.jpg

If emulation gets further, I'll post up the results.

Last edited:
How do you mean "Totally different gameplay?"

Gameplay on Genesis is far different that it was on the Arcade. So two games for MAME with different look/gameplay. It also completes MAME with more rare ports/hacks of MK available in the arcade market.

The Genesis ports were the closest to the arcade version as far as gameplay goes, which makes the Genesis hacks legit because the gameplay isnt BAD.

but cool, thanks for posting this, Pat.

The Genesis ports were the closest to the arcade version as far as gameplay goes, which makes the Genesis hacks legit because the gameplay isnt BAD.

but cool, thanks for posting this, Pat.

Quick status update. It is dumped already, but haven't been tested in MAME just yet. I'd tinker with it if I had the time to actually code up the emulation driver for it.

Not a problem, we also got MK4 1.0 added to MAME's support thanks to Hobby Roms and our own member xrodney.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthread...195&page=2&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1