Who will win?

• Houston Astros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St. Louis Cardinals

• Boston Red Sox

• Total voters
Hardcore Astros fan here..... gotta agree with you man....

You left the Yankees out of your poll, dude.... not that I don't agree with the sentiment if you did it on purpose, but still we need to be objective

whatashame said:
GuiltyByDesignDamnit said:
:( Please win, Boston :(
If by winning, you mean them getting blown out in Game 1, then you may just get your wish tenfold, bebeh. :lol:

They actually made it close and will lose by only one run instead of 8 :lol:

mahalo said:
whatashame said:
GuiltyByDesignDamnit said:
:( Please win, Boston :(
If by winning, you mean them getting blown out in Game 1, then you may just get your wish tenfold, bebeh. :lol:

They actually made it close and will lose by only one run instead of 8 :lol:
I went back to check and I saw it was 8 -7 , but now it's 10 - 7! LOL! The Yanks are regaining the blowout slowly.

Houston? Definitely not. They are by far the worst team in the CS. Game 1 was excellent, the drunken orgy that had been going at my house throughout the first six innings abruptly stopped in the top of the seventh, and restarted in full force with Bernie's double that was really a triple but was called a double because umpires are assclowns. A similar game tonight would be an answered prayer.

Now, I am, obviously, a Yankee fan. However, my hope for the Yankee victory in the ALCS is not a selfish one. I pray for Boston's sake. You see, if the Yankees win this series, Red Sox fans will be pissed as usual, go home, cry about it, etc., but you can't say they weren't at least half-expecting it from the beginning. Should the Red Sox win, however, and move on to the World Series, Boston will destroy itself. I have a great deal of friends in Boston, and I don't want to see them blown up because the Red Sox lost the World Series to the Cardinals.

Houston cannot beat the Cardinals, in me book, the Cardinals have already won the NLCS, and are my favorite to win the World Series. Don't get me wrong, the Yanks are my team, but St. Louis is damn good. I'm speaking strictly in terms of skill, and when I say my favorite team, I mean the team that is, in my opinion, the team I see as having the best chance of winning.

Now, assuming that St. Louis gets by Houston, and Boston gets by New York, than St. Louis will beat Boston. I'm not saying that that's my opinion, that is cold hard fact. Boston has absolutely no chance against St. Louis. If it goes this route, I say St. Louis in five.

However, a Yankees/Cardinals WS would be a whole different story. These are two teams with very similar methods of play, and I'd say the outcome would be St. Louis in seven excellent games. Although it's be the shit if the Yanks won. GO YANKEES!!! WOOO!!! MOOSE IS THE MAN!!!

Red Sox or Yankees will win the World Series; I firmly believe that. RF, I'd much rather lose to the Yankees now, being a Red Sox fan (as we consider ourselves part of the team as avid fans ;)), then lose in the World Series, however I doubt an NL team will win this year.

Game 1 was disappointing and uneventful, at least compared to the last playoff game the two had (wow?). I see the Sox pulling out a win in game seven of this series, as they will undoubtedly tie it up, at the least. I don't know, but the Red Sox can't seem to get blown out in big games, and only lose by a run or so when Red Sox fans have their most hope on the line. Funny, how it works.

raidenfighter said:
Houston? Definitely not. They are by far the worst team in the CS. Game 1 was excellent, the drunken orgy that had been going at my house throughout the first six innings abruptly stopped in the top of the seventh, and restarted in full force with Bernie's double that was really a triple but was called a double because umpires are assclowns. A similar game tonight would be an answered prayer.

Now, I am, obviously, a Yankee fan. However, my hope for the Yankee victory in the ALCS is not a selfish one. I pray for Boston's sake. You see, if the Yankees win this series, Red Sox fans will be pissed as usual, go home, cry about it, etc., but you can't say they weren't at least half-expecting it from the beginning. Should the Red Sox win, however, and move on to the World Series, Boston will destroy itself. I have a great deal of friends in Boston, and I don't want to see them blown up because the Red Sox lost the World Series to the Cardinals.

Houston cannot beat the Cardinals, in me book, the Cardinals have already won the NLCS, and are my favorite to win the World Series. Don't get me wrong, the Yanks are my team, but St. Louis is damn good. I'm speaking strictly in terms of skill, and when I say my favorite team, I mean the team that is, in my opinion, the team I see as having the best chance of winning.

Now, assuming that St. Louis gets by Houston, and Boston gets by New York, than St. Louis will beat Boston. I'm not saying that that's my opinion, that is cold hard fact. Boston has absolutely no chance against St. Louis. If it goes this route, I say St. Louis in five.

However, a Yankees/Cardinals WS would be a whole different story. These are two teams with very similar methods of play, and I'd say the outcome would be St. Louis in seven excellent games. Although it's be the shit if the Yanks won. GO YANKEES!!! WOOO!!! MOOSE IS THE MAN!!!

Houston is far from the worst team. They have a chance and line up to do it. After all, they did sweep the Cards in September. The only team to do that this year. Houston is pretty damn hot. I mean, 35-10 after the all star break? That is saying something. So..they lost game one, but not by much.

kenshiforever said:
raidenfighter said:

Houston is far from the worst team. They have a chance and line up to do it. After all, they did sweep the Cards in September. The only team to do that this year. Houston is pretty damn hot. I mean, 35-10 after the all star break? That is saying something. So..they lost game one, but not by much.

Yeah Houston swept the Cards when they werent playing hard cuz they already had clinched their spot, and Houston had everything to play for to make it to the playoffs. Not only that, but the Cards also didnt have Scott Rolen. And I would have to agree with RF, out of the 4 teams left, the astros are the worst of em, and have absolutely no chance in hell of beating the cardinals.

undertaker3x7 said:
kenshiforever said:
raidenfighter said:

Yeah Houston swept the Cards when they werent playing hard cuz they already had clinched their spot, and Houston had everything to play for to make it to the playoffs. Not only that, but the Cards also didnt have Scott Rolen. And I would have to agree with RF, out of the 4 teams left, the astros are the worst of em, and have absolutely no chance in hell of beating the cardinals.

[Nazi German] Danke. [/Nazi German] Dude, the Astros had Game 1, and they just let is slip by. Tonight's game will be a different story. I doubt they'll even get a foothold before they're blown away.

Wooo! Game 2 YANKEES!!! WOOOO!!!

---Im cut/paste this from my MLB Playoffs thread as it seems this is the thread that has recieved the baseball attention--

"Who's your Daddy?"

Thats all Pedro heard tonight in Yankee Stadium. I was laughing in the 6th inning after he gave up the bomb to Olerud. You could tell on his face, during the massive "Who's your Daddy" chants to different sports arena theme music, that he VERY MUCH regretted saying that stupid line.

Thing is, he pitched a very solid game. Unfortuate for the Bo-SoX that Lieber pitched an even better game ... and a guy named Rivera lurks in the 8/9th.

Very good two games though. I got nervous in game 1. The clutch-hitter himself, Hideki Matsui, dominted that game ... all except his botched field attempt late in the game to give up 2 runs. The hit before that to left field was uncatchable. That one, however, was not.

Red Sox better pray that Bronson (...Brandon right FOX?) can bail them out in Fenway ... if he doesn't then bring out the brooms.

Cardinals/Houston game was action packed. I had the Yankees on most of the time but flipped between. I will say Berkman CRUSHED that bomb. I mean he sent that thing into orbit. Thats gonna be a high octane series though. Cards should win.

DUDUDUDUDU - "Who's your daddy?" - DUDUDUDUDU - "Who's Your Daddy?" - DUDUDUDUDUD - "Who's your daddy?" - DUDUDUDUDU -

P.S. - Announced today that Shilling will not start Game 5. IF there's a game 5.

Houston? Definitely not. They are by far the worst team in the CS.

By far? Yet they won a uncountable ammount of games at the end of the year to become 22 games over .500. That's better then the wild card last year, which btw won the world series.

They beat the Atlanta Braves, the 2nd best team in the NL.

They're by far the most horrific team in the CS. :roll:

Game 1 was excellent, the drunken orgy that had been going at my house throughout the first six innings abruptly stopped in the top of the seventh, and restarted in full force with Bernie's double that was really a triple but was called a double because umpires are assclowns. A similar game tonight would be an answered prayer.

Was that supposed to be funny, because it wasen't. If it wasen't suppose to be funny and was suppose to supply us with info, save it.

Now, I am, obviously, a Yankee fan.

Yes, drunk orgys around the house made that quite obvious .

my hope for the Yankee victory in the ALCS is not a selfish one. I pray for Boston's sake. You see, if the Yankees win this series, Red Sox fans will be pissed as usual, go home, cry about it, etc.,

And if the Yankee fans lose, they'll cry, and bitch about it for the rest of the year. Oh, you've only beaten them 100 times? Faggots.

Should the Red Sox win, however, and move on to the World Series, Boston will destroy itself.

Well you just might as well destroy yourself for making such a comment, because any true baseball fan knows that cannot be.

I have a great deal of friends in Boston, and I don't want to see them blown up because the Red Sox lost the World Series to the Cardinals.

I love how you New Yorkers cut out wild card teams like they're nothing.

Sure worked last year, didn't it?

Houston cannot beat the Cardinals,

Oh, is that right? Last time I check the Astros won the season series 10 out of 18 and were the only team in baseball to sweep the Cardinals, not once, but TWICE. Nice choice there.

the Cardinals have already won the NLCS,

Just like the Yankees "already won" the world series last year?

Don't get me wrong, the Yanks are my team, but St. Louis is damn good.

Any regular moron would have seen that in the standings. Thanks for explaining though.

I'm speaking strictly in terms of skill, and when I say my favorite team, I mean the team that is, in my opinion, the team I see as having the best chance of winning.

Just because a team has the best chance of winning dosen't mean it will.

I'm not saying they won't, they are good, but baseball is about magic, not the best team out there.

Now, assuming that St. Louis gets by Houston, and Boston gets by New York, than St. Louis will beat Boston.

Forget it, that you can rule out instantly.

However, a Yankees/Cardinals WS would be a whole different story. These are two teams with very similar methods of play,

Oh yeah.. very similar. Except the fact that the Yankees have one of the worse bullpens in baseball, while the Cardinals have the best I've EVER seen.

Mets in 05 I'm calling it.

You must be so proud to be the fan of a team that just beat the expos in the standings.

Ok, to end this I'd like to say I have nothing against raidenfighter, this isn't a flame war, but a debate over something I know alot about.

Let's see what you got, and anyone else who feels like they need to "jump in".