MK M.U.G.E.N / MK Project

trying to invade our forum with your unbalanced 500+ characters! NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY MUGEN!

MUGEN looked cool the first time I heard about the concept, which was I think back in 2003 or so. It seems like one of those things that's a better concept than actual working game.

MUGEN looked cool the first time I heard about the concept, which was I think back in 2003 or so. It seems like one of those things that's a better concept than actual working game.
Yeah.

I've seen a version where they have link combos that give you 20+ hits and only do like 25% damage. That's likely fun, but only for a bit.

Man I wish they could have included that version of Kintaro in MKII or MKT. That's a much better boss, and one that could be balanced for player use. The way the MK team does bosses (including Moloch in MKDA) is just stupid. Giant enemies that can't be combo'd and kill you in 3 hits. How is that fun?

Man I wish they could have included that version of Kintaro in MKII or MKT. That's a much better boss, and one that could be balanced for player use. The way the MK team does bosses (including Moloch in MKDA) is just stupid. Giant enemies that can't be combo'd and kill you in 3 hits. How is that fun?
I think that's all they had at the time. They can't get really good AI in a fighting game now, so I can completely understand why they gave the bosses brute strength instead of IQ. Hell, even the regular opponents in MK were unbalanced at the hands of the computer.

Here is a peak at MK Poject 5.1 Shao Kahn Vs. Sheeva.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_9owuWSGU

not everything in the MK mugen scene is about 500+ chars. True, some games take forever (or never come out; ah hem MK bloodstorm) But as you can see in these videos from Markos and his MK Project 5.1, some games are worth the wait. And I thouroughly enjoy Compilations with tons of chars myself (like MK Chaotic) its hard to go back and play mkII and umk3 online without some of the new edited moves I've come to love! Like Barakas running shredder move damnit! HAHAHAH!

Last edited:
MK Project 5.1 is coming. There are no moveslists for MUGEN as you can make the commands whatever you want. Search for a program called fighter factory and you can view/edit a characters commands (moveslist) with that.

@ R_Smile: yep like arcade... pretty dope in my opinion! Another good site to check for mk mugen content is www.mkmp.net

@eks: anthology is a huge game, if there are just a few characters moves you want, I coulsd look them up for you.

Last edited:
I gave up on 4.1. I'll check out 5.1 if/when it's released, but I have no interest in tweaking something like this.

Oh I'll definitely check it out, but 4.1 is far too sloppy to invest much time into. Keep us updated!

I wonder what sort of effect the "Kollection" will have on this? Hopefully the missing sprites from boss characters (especially Goro and Kintaro) will be "professionally" created so y'all will have a better resource.