New Software Update

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Hey everyone, we're giving this new Forum software update a run thru during the holiday weekend. Let me know what you guys think, and what we should change, etc. We know features are missing, and I hope to get those in place as soon as they are ready. But don't hesitate to tell me what you miss the most.

It's a big change, and this is just to get everything moved over to the new system before we go live with a whole new TRMK later in 2010.

Thanks and have a happy holiday!

Patrick McCarron
TRMK

Quick update: Just so those know, it's not final just a first run thru. This is my todo list:

1. Darken the theme to make it more dark, less bright white.
2. Xbox Live and PSN info on the profile bit to the left.
3. Xbox Live Standings app once it's available.
4. Mobile Theme for Smartphones
5. Other bigger cool things down the pipeline

Last edited:
Who cares on the rest, the shoutbox is up and running lol.

J/k/

My problem with the site is just its ugly right now and tooo bright.

Wheres the black and dark colour setting gone to?

Oh crud. I just made a new thread. Sorry guys. I honestly like the looks of this theme. Maybe a different colour scheme will do, though keep the slick edges.

My problem with the site is just its ugly right now and tooo bright.

Wheres the black and dark colour setting gone to?

Maybe a different colour scheme will do, though keep the slick edges.

Very nice and smooth but very bright. Did you get rid of the XBL standings?

I will be darkening the theme to a darker gray with some orange more than likely. This was just a first hack together with one of the very few "themes" created for this software version right now.

The XBL Standings data still exists, but doesn't work on this version of the software. It'll be back eventually.

Right now its like sitting in a cave with the Dragon King and Kahn either side of you and your the one sitting there holding an orb of infinite power you know either of them will butcher you over for any moment from now.

In other words for members its **** to be the one in the middle of waiting on Pat to see what happens next. Lol.

Your forum whims always make me adjust to new things. My request is the same as it's always been. Black and Green please.

However, the text in the quick reply is painfully tiny. Much smaller than the posted text right above it. I don't know if that's something you can change, but it's hurting my eyes.

That said, I quite like the rounded edges.

Gamertags have returned! So far just Xbox, PSN and a new one, Steam.
1. You'll see a simple gamertag link on the Forum post info (see right). Using the images would get too big to always display. Use your favorite Gamercard image for your signature!
2. On your Profile page you'll see the images on the Right of the page, in a nice and easy to see display.

Any other services people want? Does everyone want DS and Wii friend codes still? I know UMK of the DS is popular, but not sure how much anymore to waste space here for it. Let me know, and I'll consider it.

I only own physically myself a DSi.

And UMK.

Put it on the site or heads start flying.

(J/k, lol, but please consider it! :p)

Well, I'm fairly certain my browers has not been updated in a VERY long time. IE 7 maybe.
trmk.jpg

So, the log in is weird, and it does not keep me logged in. I suppose I could just use Mozilla (that updates all the time it seems) but I just don't like it :(

And also things don't always stay inside the boxes. (this I've encounterd in Mozilla too.
trmk2.jpg

Are the photos just too big? Do they not resize and scale down on their own? are we/am i supposed to do that before posting?

It seems that the top part refreshes well but the little bottom part stays stuck on the first image when i log in. I wish i could print picture but i don't think my Mac has that button on the keyboard.

No need for a screenshot, but if you open Firefox, goto the Menu at the top and Select Firefox, About Firefox

It should open a window, tell me what version # of Firefox it is.