England 'Soccer' star Wayne Rooney names his son...

However, Rooney is known to be a fan of the Mortal Kombat video game, in which Kai is a leading character.

Maybe they're not reading enough into it. A leading character? Really now?

But yeah, there are clearly other character names that are more representative of MK fandom. Then again, those names really aren't any better than Kai to slap on an actual human being for the rest of their life.

Kai's been in what... 2 games and 2 revamps of one of those games.

Plus Kai is a common Japanese/whatever name.

After Posh Spice's kids I'd throw any footballer (I refuse to use "soccer"...) in the dumpser before he names their kid.

I'm looking at you David B.

Edit:
D.Beckhams kids:

-Romeo
-Forget this one but its spannish GIRLS name used on a boy
-named after where he was concieved, talk about embarressments

Last edited:
Kitana is a plenty good name for a girl. But not a lot of the male names are suitable for this world. Kai however, isn't unheard of. I doubt he even got it from MK.

Well hopfully he didn't get it from Beyblade (there was a character called Hiwatari Kai). And Kai has a universal usage so even girls can have that name.

Maybe they're not reading enough into it. A leading character? Really now?

But yeah, there are clearly other character names that are more representative of MK fandom. Then again, those names really aren't any better than Kai to slap on an actual human being for the rest of their life.

Actually Kai is a leading character in the Mortal Kombat 4 storyline. Like Liu Kang's protoge or something.

Kitana is a plenty good name for a girl. But not a lot of the male names are suitable for this world. Kai however, isn't unheard of. I doubt he even got it from MK.

Don't give Kimora Lee Simmons any ideas.

Actually Kai is a leading character in the Mortal Kombat 4 storyline. Like Liu Kang's protoge or something.

Sure, I'll give you that, but a leading character in the storyline for one of the least popular entries to the series hardly speaks volumes. I'm referring more to his status as a leading character in the series. He's one of the the most instantly forgettable fighters Boon and company have ever created.