No Outworld fighters Representing Outworld?

Selsiuss

In MK1, in the story and the game, the only ones representing outworld are Goro and Shang Tsung. That's not right. It shouldn't be earth vs itself until Goro decides to hop in. there must have been Outworlders who participated, even though they might not be worth playing as.

So I think realistically, the whole tournament would be like 100 or 200 Earthrealm fighters vs 100 or 200 Outworld fighters, since we see hundreds of people participating in the MK1 Comic.

That's always irked me a bit. I mean, in the MK movie it was shown that there were outworld fighters like Reptile and that nameless black guy. However, it has been shown in MKM as part of MK canon that Shang Tsung recruited Sub-Zero to participate by proxy in the first MK tourney. So maybe all those fighters, like Kano and Sub-Zero were really participating for Outworld without understanding fully what their role was.

In the original storyline of the games the tournament itself wasn't a fight between Earthrealm and Outworld per se. It was just Shang using Goro to keep the tournament out of the control of the Order of Light, in order to unbalance the Furies and allow Kahn to invade.

Not sure how that's supposed to work, but whatever.

The whole Outworld vs Earthrealm thing was from the movie (and near as I can tell, kind of a combination of MK 1 and 2 plot-wise). As well as the 10 victories thing.

I guess they had all their bets riding on Goro. I don't blame them really. If you think about it, I doubt any of our real champion fighters could take on a four-armed monstrosity like that. Imagine Goro in UFC.

I think the Ultimate battle is what matters. Shang Tsung arranges who he want's in the tournament whether, earthrealm or outworld warrior. He already has his primary champ warrior sitting in wait representing Outworld. Goro is the Champ so he is the one that has to be unseated anyway. However, I think it would make more since if Goro was last since he is the champ. The way it is, Kahn and Shang don't expect Goro to lose but, Shang Tsung as a grand master can undo Goro's loss if he wins against the new champ after Goro's loss.

Outworld chose Goro to represent Outworld kause I guess they all thought he kan beat everyone's ass(till Liu Kang kame in). Shang Tsung is just hosting the tournament. Didn't really do any fighting(exepet with The Great Kung Lao and Liu Kang) so you kan say he kinda did represent Outworld.

The whole Outworld vs Earthrealm thing was from the movie (and near as I can tell, kind of a combination of MK 1 and 2 plot-wise). As well as the 10 victories thing.

It's amazing how much the first movie influenced the canon of the story. IIRC, Raiden wasn't Earthrealm's protector in the first 2 games, he just wanted to stop Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn from invading Earthrealm. It wasn't until the movie that they decided to retcon it and make him Earthrealm's protector in MK3.

It's amazing how much the first movie influenced the canon of the story. IIRC, Raiden wasn't Earthrealm's protector in the first 2 games, he just wanted to stop Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn from invading Earthrealm. It wasn't until the movie that they decided to retcon it and make him Earthrealm's protector in MK3.

And don't forget Kano khanges and Liu Kang and Kitana's relationship:).

As long as they don't try and make Raiden and Shao Kahn brothers in the games going forward, I'll be happy. **shudders** I try to repress the second movie and that little bit of "story" in MKvsDC.