2012 Doomsday

MarcyOne

2012_movie_poster-268x400.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCCd8MCcZY

Over the decades, many have prophesized that the world will end when the ancient Mayan calendar
ceases on 21 December 2012. But before that occurs, the human race is bound to face natural
disasters such as massive volcano eruptions, typhoons and other natural calamities. An academic
researcher opens a portal into a parallel universe and makes contact with his double in order to prevent
an apocalypse predicted by the ancient Mayans.

Cast: Amanda Peet, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Danny Glover, John Cusack

Director: Roland Emmerich

2012 opens in Malaysia on 12th November 2009

This was one movie that looked interesting. I saw the trailers in the theater and wow, with all this 2012 speculation i think the movie will be successful.

I don't know if I like the whole "travel to a parallel Universe" thing as I'm sure it will confuse all the stupid people here in America.

Yup, American audiences sure are stupid. That's why you randomly made the connection of "parallel universe" when its more likely they were referring to inhabiting another planet (a la Knowing) or trying to hide out in outer space.

Silly Americans.

I didn't randomly make the connection, it says it right up there in the first post. Unless you meant to insult American Scriptwriters, directors, and/or Americans in general, then I apologize. Cause I completely agree that we are just plain idiotic.

Look at what we did to G.I. Joe! And we invented that one! Can't use the cross-culture DBZ: Evolution excuse.

Speaking of Knowing, that movie was predictable and boring. Just keeps proving the point now doesn't it?

I didn't randomly make the connection, it says it right up there in the first post. Unless you meant to insult American Scriptwriters, directors, and/or Americans in general, then I apologize. Cause I completely agree that we are just plain idiotic.

I was referring to them going with something totally out of the blue like a parallel dimension. Frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing a movie where the world just gets destroyed and everyone dies. That'd be a nice change of pace. :/

tragedy is hard to come by these days. I mean, there are tragic comedies like Seinfeld where nothing ever goes right in the end. But you hardly ever see a full blown tragedy where everybody dies in the end. It happens a lot more often in anime/manga than anything stateside.

Seinfeld wasn't a tragedy. In the end, they were just placed on the outside like they were on the inside. Aside from Elaine, nobody seemed that distraught about going to jail. It would have been a tragedy if it had made them all miserable, but at the very end, they seemed comfortable with their situation

I don't mean at the end of the series. I meant in each episode, no matter what happened, it ended with something bad happening. I call that tragic. You can be OK with the rowandan genocide at the end of the day, but I can still call that tragic too.

tragedy is hard to come by these days. I mean, there are tragic comedies like Seinfeld where nothing ever goes right in the end. But you hardly ever see a full blown tragedy where everybody dies in the end. It happens a lot more often in anime/manga than anything stateside.

Or in a H.P. Lovecraft story, everyone either dies or goes insane. 2012 looks interesting but I'm really waiting for Guillermo del Toro to do "At the Mountains of Madness."

Last edited: