TRMK Forums Suggestions

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
I'm trying to make some much needed changes around the site, and especially the forums. Any suggestions for what you'd like to see here?

I'm considering a forum for each old-MK game, instead of the general "Kombat Klassics" area which is a big mess.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick

I'm trying to make some much needed changes around the site, and especially the forums. Any suggestions for what you'd like to see here?

I'm considering a forum for each old-MK game, instead of the general "Kombat Klassics" area which is a big mess.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick

Thumbs up on that.

My mind is too out of it to brainstorm.

Black and green would be nice...but I don't really have any complaints.

Not taking theme requests, but content and feature requests. We have a new single theme, I don't have the patience to work and maintain two themes here.

Anyone else interested in more forum sections for the older games?

Last edited:
if it's not any more work for you i see no reason why not. If they're sub-sections of the classics forum like Deception and Armageddon are then it won't even crowd the list.

Just make sure if you do that that you don't turn the forums into one of those message boards that has thirty-seven topics and only two posts in each topic. I notice some forums have sub-topics. Maybe that would clean that Kombat Klassics section without having that risk of stretching the forum out.

Well since this is a forum that specializes in mortal kombat, i think it would be best to have a section for each game. I dont mean gameboy versions, but MK1 - MK vs DC. Maybe have a section for MK handhelds. Other then that im not sure.

I think that'd be a great idea to have an area for every classic MK. What about consolidating all the different Armageddon and Deception forums into one for each game to cut down on the mess as well? It seems like with the traffic each one gets, there's no real reason to keep separate forums for Konquest, KAF and so forth.

That's not to say those sections weren't needed and useful at first. However, once all the players moved on and discussions waned, those sections aren't as needed anymore. I still think you should have sub-forums for any konquest or KAF modes that appear in the future, but only as long as necessary.

I think that'd be a great idea to have an area for every classic MK. What about consolidating all the different Armageddon and Deception forums into one for each game to cut down on the mess as well? It seems like with the traffic each one gets, there's no real reason to keep separate forums for Konquest, KAF and so forth.

That's not to say those sections weren't needed and useful at first. However, once all the players moved on and discussions waned, those sections aren't as needed anymore. I still think you should have sub-forums for any konquest or KAF modes that appear in the future, but only as long as necessary.

Yeah I think it's time to flatten those.

There are now forums for each game, except for MK Trilogy and the early MK Adventure games. I may add those as well, debating as I clean up the forums to see how much they would be useful. I also may create a MK Storyline section since there are a LOT of storyline discussions in the MK Klassics area. I also re-added the MKDA section which vanished years ago?

I still have to move thru and move old posts over to their new sections. This may take a while. (mods feel free to help, I left off around page 4-5) ;)

Last edited:
I still have to move thru and move old posts over to their new sections. This may take a while. (mods feel free to help, I left off around page 4-5) ;)

Ha, I was just going to ask if you wanted some help with that.

Why not just include Trilogy under the MK3/UMK3 umbrella?

Yes help would be awesome! Going to do more today.

I was thinking about MKT under the same umbrella but there are enough differences. It's one thing I haven't decided on yet or not, was going to see how much MKT only stuff we had and decide from there.

I think I pretty much got the last of 'em this morning, at least as far as the ones that pertained directly to a specific game (stuff for, say, MK2 and 3, or whatever, I just left alone). I even moved some crap that there was really no point in bothering with (man, did we have some useless threads a few years ago).

Now that I think about it, I might've seen enough MKT threads to warrant another section. How about Tournament Edition for the GBA, though, and expanding the MKDA section to include that? It seems like that section ended up being a little sparse anyway and could probably use the padding.

MK3/UMK3/MKT should be one, imo. While 3 completely different games, they are still like some bastard brothers lol

I like the new forums, but the colors dont work for me. Its hard for me to see red links on that grey background. Not sure if its because im color blind or not. Also i saw master chief post in blue text and that was also hard to read unless i highlighted it. Maybe we could get a different color scheme for links, or possible the background color. Change the grey to something like white, or black.

We need some black and grey for a skin. Or anything with black that isn't too bright.

i really strongly suggest some kind of regulations on signatures. Some of the bigger ones are way too big and are annoying and clutter the threads. and alot of them arent even really signatures, but just big pics and some gifs which are way too big to attach to every post made.

Hi Pat

What about a section where the members can upload photos of their mk Kollection? games/arcades/shirts etc etc?

Rodney

Exactly and you can upload pictures via Attachments. If we get a LOT of people posting their collections of stuff, then I'll create a special area for it. Right now it's only a few select people.