New Series

Snow

Hello everyone! I'm back with a brand spankin' new series! This series will not exactly be like The Snow Show, it will actually have an intricate story and LOTS of references to other media such as Metal Gear, Mortal Kombat, Assassin's Creed, internet memes and tons more! This is going to be my biggest project ever! Alright, now that that's out of the way, let's get to the mini-bio of the main character:

Julius Rodriguez has always been picked on, made fun of, and humiliated. Fed up with being the victim of such a tormented life, he decides to do something worthwhile for once. With the help of his best friend Miguel Aguado, he will take on real criminals in real situations, all while trying to deal with high school life. Prowling the streets and scaling the rooftops of Chicago, he has become a vigilante… He has become…
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/8508/merk.png

The backstory is sort of a work in progress, but it pretty much sums up the character.

Last edited:
I hope he has some different outfits, b/c while the MJ tribute is nice, it will definitely get old.

Are you seriously talking to ME about changing outfits Glam!? Just like Snow, he'll change outfits but keep his primary white and red. Anyway... Depending on how lazy I feel, I'll try to have the first issue done by tomorrow.

Looks like a more modernized version of Altaïr, Is he going to be a modern Altaïr or are you going to change the weapons and or outfits he has. Cause right now he has the same color scheme he also has the same logo on his arm and he has the Hidden blade weapon. I think if he has led a more troubled life he should have a bit more darkness to him and maybe that should be showen in the outfits he wears. And have his own personal weapons... you know like batmans - batarangs. I like your concept though, I just think he needs something that makes him more different

Well this is going to be set in our own universe, so I have to think as realistically as possible. But I'm sure Julius will ask Miguel for some personalized gizmos, as Miguel will be his inventor and supplier of weapons. As for the whole darkness thing, I wanted to do something different than the overused dark color scheme. That's why Merk and Snow's main colors are white.

Last edited:
I kind of don't buy the fact that a tormented and bullied kid would have the abilities to take down criminals. It would take a lifetime of physical training, and if he had that he wouldn't be getting bullied, because he would be hard as nails.

He's not going to be using his fists so much since Miguel will be crafting him some kickass weapons, and I probably should have said he's been verbally bullied. It's just a prototype backstory to give him some kind of depth. The thing that makes him really unique is his shy-but-somehow-smartass personality.

I'm gonna have to see that develop a bit...let your comic speak for itself instead of giving away all the details right up front like this.

You've made it sound like he (similar to snow) is just a mix of a bunch of other characters and concepts.Give him some home-made flare.Give him something that no other hero or even being has.Just one thing could make him something of his and your own.Make it happen mang.

Story arc #1 has BEGUN...
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1984/mrkone.jpg
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5416/mrkone1.jpg

I sketched all of this with the tablet and traced over in MS paint.

Character bio time!!!

Miguel Aguado
Julius's best friend and partner in crime, Miguel is extremely intelligent for his age. With his superior intellect, Miguel builds and designs weapons for the Merk. He is currently studying to be a surgeon which often makes Julius a practice dummy when he suffers from any kind of wound. He is constantly involved with taking care of his younger sisters, as a result, he and Julius have agreed to run potentially dangerous patrols only when they have available time.

Last edited:
Judging from that face in the dark I'm guessing the Merk isn't going to be one of those "I'm too cool for words" guys like Batman.

Nope! Lol!

As far as I can tell, that concept has been so overused it's rediculous.

I'm going to try and make him as unique as possible without changing the colors of his outfit or his symbol. Julius will explain why he chose the Assassin's symbol later on.

By the way, am I doing a good job with character bios? I'm going to do one each time a new main character is introduced.

Was the AC symbol on the back really necessary? I mean, you're borrowing MJ's look, AC's hidden blade, what looks like Crysis's armor, and you're gonna put the AC logo on his back? I mean, I respect that the ideas you've put forth are quite your own, but there's a fine line between homage and...well, something else. That said, I like this panel too.

I myself have been debating whether or not to remove the symbol on his back I'm starting to think it's a bit much as well.

By the way, I'm trying to plan the story ahead and would like some suggestions for rivals/villains.

Alright!, I've thought of some potential villains for The Merk!

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/2756/villains0001.jpg

(NAMELESS)
Weapons:
Double Lethal Hidden Blades
Hidden SMG.
Bio:
Claiming to be inspired by The Merk, this femme fatale has no remorse for the criminals she kills. She constantly tries to push The Merk off the edge by trying to persuade him that the criminals in the Chicago streets deserve nothing less than death. Her seductive nature makes this a difficult mental battle with Julius' ethical beliefs.

The Merc
Weapons:
Double Lethal Hidden Blades
Hidden Gun
Bio:
Little is known about this mysterious villain. He believes himself to
be the accumulation of Julius' darkest thoughts and emotions, Julius
and Miguel believe him to be a dangerously psychopathic criminal.
Somehow, The Merc knows everything about his good counterpart;
Including his identity, address, friends, and family. He seems to be
obsessed with being The Merk's "perfect villain". This is most likely
a result of a serious case of obsessive compulsive disorder.

Pimp Kaine
Weapons:
Gold Luger.
Pimp Cane W/ Built In Grenade Launcher.
Shitload Of Other Crazy Stuff.
Bio:
Having to come face to face with The Merk on several occasions, Roberto Kaine has made it his mission to eliminate the Fedora Flaunting Fighter once and for all. Their first encounter was actually The Merk's first successful mission. While Pimp Kaine is fragile, he makes up for it with his arsenal of hidden weapons and gadgets. He is most renowned for his trademark pimp cane that doubles as a grenade launcher.

Please, tell me which one(s) you like most and I will add them to the series!
They are just the start and I would still LOVE some ideas from you guys!

Last edited:
I like Pimp Kaine the best. He's got a great name, just sounds like an egotistical supervillain. However his looks need...in an oddly appropriate use of this word, pimpin' out. Give him some leopard spots, tall shoes, or something. Make his color a purplish-red, but more red, with maybe some yellow or gold thrown about. Also, I'd make him beefy, not fragile. The idea of the villain that fights with his head rather than his hands is definitely my preference, but doesn't it make more of an impact if one knows he can get up close and personal but chooses to hang back?

As for the others...mirror image man? Really? No. And imitation gal? Also no. If you want inspiration for villains, just look at Batman. His greatest foe is his complete opposite in every way. And all the best superhero enemies zero in on something, a trigger. Mr. Freeze has his modus operandi and a sentimental motivation, Ivy is all about plants, Penguin is the "gentleman's criminal", you see?

Or you could go with villains like in Spider-Man. In that series the villains are united by a universal theme. Most of them are animals. Rhino, Scorpion, Lizard, Vulture, things like that. So you could have all of the Merk's foes adopt a loose but recognizable common thread. Keep brainstorming.