temporarily control MK2 smoke without crashing the game

ccox24gp

This is something else that I found in mortal kombat 2 for snes if you use the game genie code
D3C6-1FOA
BBBO- 37AE then at the character select screen input the fight smoke code which is up,left up,up,right select and make sure to have player one and two pick any character now when the
round begins do not move the p2 controller which will be smoke in human control mode and
make player one win the round and wait until you see smoke wins then move the p2 controller during the time it says smoke wins you can temporarily control smoke although during that time you can not hit your opponent. now during round 2 you will most likely lose control of smoke and the game will crash but some times in round 2 the game will let you move smoke forward only and use high punch attack only. i don't know why round 2 is sometiming but it is but at least you can use this code to move smoke during the time it says smoke wins.

Last edited:
Well, I don't have MKII for an actual SNES, and I don't know how to use Game Genie codes on emulators...so I'm afraid I can't use this myself. Though, I can't think of why I would want to use it in the first place.

you are right if you have emulation you probably cannot use this code ,but for me to give you a code to use smoke in the emulation I would have to know what kind of rom you are using or if you are using mame32 or what.The point I am making as far as why anyone would use this is the same as saying why do most people use codes at all. I would say most people use codes to gain invincibilty infinite health powerups ect.but i use coding in this perticular case to gain access to unused material that is still lurking inside the coding of the game and by just by applying this principle to a game you can do things that only game developers themselves know and will not admit to and other gamers claim to be impossible. and I personally post things on this site to get gamers to thinking outside of the box. I posted this because people who have mortal kombat know that if you move a hidden fighter the game will crash but I just proved them wrong.Just think about it video games are made up of codes which contain a series of numbers and letters and if you have a device that lets you get into to the programing of the game the impossible becomes possible. but as far as the things that were put into the game only a small percentage of material made for a game actually makes the cut so you gotta ask yourself what the hec is up what took them so long to create a game where all of the character moves are the same except the special moves and most of the special moves and fatalities are the sames as mk1. so without knowing some secret button press sequence or having a cheat device that allows you to tap into the programming of the game you will have limited access to a game that you paid good money for. so I challenge you as a gamer to gain full access to the games that you pay good money for as well as games that are hard to find roms.

Last edited: