Darth Venom Re-do (this one i feel is much better)

KORE

[Image removed by me.]

anyone who remembers the story from the other thread forget it. i'm rewriting the story of venom, but i probly wont post it here, it'll be long as hell.

anyway some people felt the last one looked too animal/neanderthal-ish or like an unintelligent being, and i now agree. i also don't like the last one because it no longer fits my story idea. in the third rendition he was an imperial grand admiral, and that is no longer in my plan.

this will probably be the last time i post about venom cuz if i do make more art for him i'm sure people are f'n sick of it by now. anyway i feel this final re-do looks much more intelligent, or sentient than the last and that he feels more fitted to his new look. in fact this is the first time i've been pretty much entirely satisfied with my vision for him.

hope ya like...

Last edited:
:-DHeh... well someone here cares at least. Chicago bros stick together I guess. Too bad I don't have actual Star Wars related persons to take a gander, and perhaps an interest, in my work...

Trust me, for those who've seen... Sokarr is not my only Star Wars creation, and he will not be the last either.

Well I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more. Not at all. But I think I liked your last one better, the one with the flowing loin-cloth a la an MK ninja. But are Trandoshans not traditionally more brutish by nature? It makes sense they would appear as such. Now he looks like any generic sith baddie like I've seen a million times over. Before he reminded me of Darth Sion or Malak, who I think are much more unique.

id like to re-do the loincloth deal. but it'll be some time before i bother. this one came out so nice that i'll inevitably want the next to succeed it. that means i'll have to do his whole exposed frame in scales this time, not half-ass it like before. the scales on this version look good so i wouldn't want to pump out another production with sub-par texture.

also i do agree that he now looks a bit more generic as far as Sith go, but you may notice that his costume is actually a combination of jedi robes and the emperors cloak, with minor improvisations

yeah he's still sposed to be a big tank-like badass(like the older versions), but i don't think i'm skilled enough to fit his muscular frame into those robes and make it look right. that was my intention actually when i started, but i'm not good with proportions or cloth coverings.... to be honest every time u see a work by me it's a learning experience... just slightly improved upon the last.

Last edited:
Another point: Why do his mechanical arms have only 3 digits? I was under the impression trandoshans possessed four...Anyhow, I still prefer the previous iteration, the one you used for your avatar.

actually no, i'm not sure what gave you that impression, but trandoshans only have three digits, excluding their sub-species known as the Saurin, who tend to have five.

the exception you may have seen... the only one i can think of is this guy:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/ab/Gha_Nachkt_Discount.jpg/505px-Gha_Nachkt_Discount.jpg

from what i read apparently he's from that new star wars clone wars cartoon. they give no explanation on wookiepedia as to why this guy gets to have 4 digits, i think it was an oversight by some of the half assed writers and animators they've got working on that.

.... god i F***ing hate that cartoon. enough already with the clone wars. it had a major role in 2 main star wars films... but that wasn't enough.... they had to make an animated series, which flopped... but THAT wasn't enough... then they had to make a clone wars CG movie...... which was a complete waste of time for anyone over the age 10.... but wait, but wait... that wasn't enough either... lets take this CG movie which is F***in terrible, pretend the animated show never happened, and rehash the whole thing as a new CG cartoon of something we've already seen and heard enough of. .... it's rediculous

WHOA! DID YOU JUST SAY THE FIRST CLONE WARS FLOPPED!? You will never insult the art of Genndy Tartakovsky EVER AGAIN! Clone Wars was fantastic, amazing, and infinitely re-watchable just like everything else that man touches. He won AWARDS for that short series! Flopped my ass...

That out of the way, this new series and its pilot feature film are atrocious in every sense yes. I didn't even like episodes 1 and 2. Oh, and let's not forget that besides rehashing what's been done, it does it POORLY. You wanna know the best representations of Star Wars? The Dark Forces/Jedi Knight and KotOR series. Plain and simple.

But anyway, yea that's probably how I got confused.

The Tartakovsky Clone Wars series was amazing. I have both series on DVD and still include them whenever I go from 1-6 in a row. But yeah, the new one was balls, I've only seen the pilot film and that was awful. Although no doubt I'll end up getting it.

My roomie's mum got it for him for his birthday. I can't imagine why. Though the series is slightly better than the pilot. Some of the episodes in the series don't follow Anakin (poorly represented) or his hence-forth-unknown padawan. Really, I don't mind the episodes without Anakin in them. I HATE the way Anakin has been portrayed in the prequels. I just cannot see him going from brash, reckless, rude to calm, calculating, evil.

The interpretation of Anakin from Tartovsky's Clone Wars though? He's the kind of guy I can see becoming Vader. Seeing all the injustice in the world, a bleak outlook on the way the republic handles things, always deliberating...that's how a good man goes bad. Not pure angst.

well i hate to disagree, but as far as i'm concerned they flopped. you two are the first people i've met that have good things to say about the clone wars cartoon. ... the only thing i can say for it was it had good action. first to make 10-15 minute shorts or whatever out of it was a bad idea, you can't tell crap as far as a star wars story in 10 minutes. they total out to only like 2 and a half hours or something between the two seasons which was pathetic to me. second, even with the episodes clustered together on the dvds (both of which i did once own), they have very very little dialog, and (with the exception of anakins tatoo dream/hallucination thing) they don't add anything of significant value to the story of star wars. of course this is all my opinion but i feel it needs saying. even asajj ventress is unimportant. as unimportant as The Force Unleashed character... that starkiller or whoever. both are dark apprentices invented to fill a hole in time where things get sort of stagnant.

now i'm a huge SW fan as you can see. so i have at least some respect for all Star Wars media, EXCEPT the force unleashed. i'm on another tangent for a minute here but bare with me. the force unleashed is a game i will never play, and never touch with a rubber glove. that games existence pissed me off more than when i saw episode I the first time and saw a padawan obi-wan kill the new baddie darth maul after he spoke only two f'n lines in the whole movie, rendering him a pathetic villain.

now why do i hate force unleashed so much? i hated it as soon as i heard the premise in one simple sentence "the story of vader's 'secret' apprentice".... ok first off he's secret because he never f'n existed as far as i'm concerned. the notion of this apprentice is never mentioned anywhere predating the games conception, and by that same token i already knew the games ending because the only way said apprentice could exist and never surface elsewhere is if he dies in the game. thus his creation and death are unnecessary because his existence is of no consequence to any other aspect of the star wars universe. on top of all this they f'n name him starkiller... which was lukes original surname in the original drafts of star wars, real creative. then i read on wookiepedia about this character and read that he was supposedly "the relative equivalent of luke skywalker if luke had fallen to the darkside" ........ he's not a skywalker, he's not of the bloodline, that's not even possible. and to stick to that story degrades luke and the skywalker bloodline as a whole, because it would imply that the 'chosen one's strength in the force is not unique and if that were the case the prophecy of the chosen one was bullsh*t

I agree 100% about Force Unleashed story. But it was still a hella fun game...that I returned in 2 days because I'd done EVERYTHING in 12 hours of playtime.

As to the original Clone Wars. If we're the first people you've heard say anything good about it then you clearly need to keep up better. Genndy Tartatovsky is world renowned. He created Samurai Jack, and we all know how many awards that won. Clone Wars received the same high praise universally. And while it may not have "added anything of significant value to the story of Star Wars" they really didn't need to. Everything Genndy does is an artistic marvel. So long as it was in keeping with the already defined mythos and was in keeping with his usually phenomenal quality of work I think it can be called a masterpiece. And I do call it such.

It's funny you mention the Anakin dream sequence, as that was possibly my favorite part of the short series.

And to be honest, I think you might be what we in the general community call a "fanboy". To write off otherwise excellent works for being innacurate, to go so far as to call them "flops"...well it's just not fair. At all. I too very much love the Star Wars universe, and as far as I'm concerned there are only 3 things that I consider true to it in visual media. The original trilogy, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series of game, and the KotOR series of games. I don't study the minutiae of detail I know some fans do, and I simply don't care to know that much about it. But I do have an instinctual feeling about how a good Star Wars story has to go for me to like it. I could try and explain it, but I wouldn't want to misrepresent myself with inadequate explanation. And I thought Clone Wars was worthy of all it's praise.

fanboy certainly describes me, for better or worse. as far as the cartoon goes it may have been presumptuous or dramatic of me to refer to it as a flop, given what you claim. i would know nothing of award winning cartoons, because i'm barely consciously aware that awards for animation exist. what i'm trying to say is i believe you, and if it recieved high praise then kudos to it. i mean samurai jack for instance... is a cartoon.... that exists.... that i don't watch or know anything about, except that it exists... lol so many things are just a matter of my own ignorance. of course all things i went into are a matter of opinion anyway, and it may simply be that i expect too much out of a cartoon. but it's just that loving star wars as i do, i wish for everything that bears it's name to be epic. high standards of course....

also when i say you two are the first persons i met that praise the show, that's actually not really saying much, because i don't run into many star wars fans where i live.... if any hah. so that kind of explains that statement, and how little weight it carries.

also... it's good to know another person who isn't singing godly praises of the force unleashed for once.

I actually don't know many people who like TFU. I did, but I'm a Jedi fanboy as opposed to a general Star Wars fanboy. Things like Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire don't appeal to me in the slightest, but flying around with a lightsabre slamming storm troopers into walls is brilliance in my eyes. I did finish it in a day though, which pissed me off. and the DLC was balls.
I'm anti-KOTOR. The combat system was bullshit, and that combined with Mission Vao's annoyingness made me hate the game with a pashion.
It's interesting, KORE, that you mention the lack of dialogue in TCW as a bad point. That was among the elements of the series that garnered the most praise, as each episode was entirely unscripted, and left to the voice actors to just improvise, and the same method was used in Samurai Jack. I dunno, it makes the series (plural) seem unique and interesting from my point of view

KotOR uses a modified D&D combat system. It's a pure RPG, not an action game. So if you don't like role-playing then you're not going to like KotOR's combat. But regardless of the gameplay, (which I happen to very much enjoy, nothing against you or your opinions) the story of KotOR 1 is so fantastic I've played it must be half a dozen times. And I adore Mission Vao. Hell, I wanted a romance with her not that ***** you get to have it with. But I'm kind of annoying myself, so I guess I just find her "cute".