MvC2 hits XBL on July 29th; PSN date coming soon

Tim Static

MvC2 OUT NOW ON XBL; PSN on August 13th

http://twitter.com/Capcom_Unity/status/2550316126

Today Capcom announced that Marvel vs. Capcom 2 will be available — globally — as part of Microsoft's "Summer of Arcade" through XBox Live on Wednesday, July 29 for 1,200 Microsoft Points ($14.99 USD).

PSN date is coming soon, but its not gonna be the same date.

www.tu4ar.com the official site of the re-release of MvC2 :D

Last edited:
Re: www.tu4ar.com????

TU4AR. Take you for a ride. The lyrics in the MVC2 character select screen song.
This is gonna be EPIC. My PS2 version is scratched and freezes, and my DC version, well the DC pad is awful.

They already made a second one, so is it gonna be a remake?

Yup. this should be in the Street Fighter thread...

I wonder if a playable version of Abyss will be possible with some kind of code or password. Although he'd be banned in tournaments of course.

I wonder if a playable version of Abyss will be possible with some kind of code or password. Although he'd be banned in tournaments of course.
But this game isn't Street Fighter...

They already made a second one, so is it gonna be a remake?

Um, this is the 2nd one.

MvC2 is thread worthy, and this isnt SF. Based off SF engine, but the VS Series is a brand to itself. ;)

It's going to be a re-release of MvC2 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

From: http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?loc=interstitialskip

Yup, yup, yup.

It was sorta "leaked" about a month or so ago on SRK.com when Mr Wizard, the admin at SRK said that the MvC2 at EVO2009 wont be played on Dreamcast's anymore (since the DC port is the most arcade perfect of all the ports). Since then, its been played off. But there was a site that reported that there will be MvC2 fight pads from Mad Catz (like for SFIV) and now this site. That ESRB wasnt proof enough for anyone since they have released that for a F-ton amount of games that never saw the light of day.

This is very, VERY good news. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

But there was a site that reported that there will be MvC2 fight pads from Mad Catz (like for SFIV) and now this site.

I would definitely be down for that, since the SF pads are incredibly difficult to come by now. I still need a good, reliable 2D pad that doesn't drive me up a wall (I pressed right, not up/right, you bastard!).

I would definitely be down for that, since the SF pads are incredibly difficult to come by now. I still need a good, reliable 2D pad that doesn't drive me up a wall (I pressed right, not up/right, you bastard!).

I actually have an extra Ryu 360 pad, still sealed. I sell it to you for $40 plus shipping, so its gonna be close to $50. Let me know if your interested.

I too find myself frustrated by the 360 D-pad. Idk why they haven't fixed it. But Tim, I take it you own one already? Is it reliable? Does it register the correct inputs? How does it compare to the PS3 D-pad?

Not sure if I should say this since you guys are most likely talking about playing on a console. But what the heck.

I bought an Xbox 360 wired controller yesterday to play with my PC. If you use a program called Xpadder, it lets you change the size of the diagonals. I can't explain much so I'll let pictures say the words. Makes emulating MvC2 much more fun.

diagsize.png

EDIT: And Deathcore, Rights are no longer Right/Up.

Last edited:

I too find myself frustrated by the 360 D-pad. Idk why they haven't fixed it. But Tim, I take it you own one already? Is it reliable? Does it register the correct inputs? How does it compare to the PS3 D-pad?

that fight pad is flippin sweet. Its great for every fighter, except MKvDC where its not fully compatible. The d-pad is huge so it makes it alot easier to use, and it is spot on. Plus the 6 face buttons own. :-D

Well, as expected, it was just an announcement of MvC2 on the PSN and XBL. I guess the game will be in widescreen format now and it seems like the sprites will be touched up a little bit (nothing compared to Street Fighter 2 HD).

Nah, the sprites aren't being altered at all. It's simply 2 options of after-market anti-aliasing filters to be applied to the game as a whole. And while it does sharpen edges and make things look less pixelated, it also puts things in a sort of haze. Like if you smeared Vaseline on it.

I downloaded the demo and a friend and I had so much fun with it. Even though there were only 6 characters to play with, it was hella fun.