Mortal Kombat Cosplay Thread

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
Kotaku's post yesterday of a really well done Frost costume was really the first high quality Frost costume rendition I've seen. I posted the link to the Chatbox, but didn't make it a topic. You can see the images on the links below:

Frost Costume Cosplay
http://kotaku.com/5190393/mortal-kombats-frost-much-hotter-in-person
http://www.pbase.com/gilp

Anyone else seen anything else really well made costume wise? I'm surprised I haven't seen more stuff like this.

That's definitely the best rendition I've seen of a hot female ninja. But I notice the costume, while mostly a perfect recreation, is missing some parts...particularly around the boobies. And while the male anatomy in me rejoices, the MK fanboy in me (arguably the larger of the two pieces) is screaming in protest.

TBH, when I first saw the pics, that's the first thing I noticed too lol.

EDIT: Scroll down on the second link. 'Manga Inspired starring Jade Vixen'. TRMK MEMBER FUSION!

Wait, what? Is that one of Vixen's characters? That'd be pretty kickass. Of course it would make sense than an MK fan wearing a Frost costume would know people from TRMK.

EDIT: Scroll down on the second link. 'Manga Inspired starring Jade Vixen'. TRMK MEMBER FUSION!

Good Gawd....o_O

must_not_fap.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a bit put off by the overtly fake knockers, honestly. I guess I'm the odd one out.

From what I've seen, it doesn't seem like MK gets much love from cosplayers. I'm not sure why that is, but rest assured I would gladly kill the lot of you people for some quality pics of Kitana cosplay. :mrgreen:

I'm actually currently working on an MK vs DCU Scorpion costume as well as a Snow costume for my movie.
Expect pics sometime this Summer/Fall.

I'm seriously shocked by the fact that no one has attempted to make an MK vs DCU Scorpion costume. I personally think it's the best Scorps has looked in years!

Edit: well, I've just thought about something... What do I make the mask(s), shins, shoulders and arms out of!? I've got everything for the cloth parts.

Last edited:
Edit: well, I've just thought about something... What do I make the mask(s), shins, shoulders and arms out of!? I've got everything for the cloth parts.

It Might prove heavy and expensive, but I'd make a wooden or papiermache basic shape, and add the details with kneadatite.

EDIT: I am all about that chick in the Jade costume. Would have also liked to see a better pic of Mileena for the underboob.

EDIT 2: Mr. Ryknow, for you http://www.geek-lover.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/kitana.jpg

Last edited:
Not as high production value on those costumes from the convention, compared to the frost this thread was originally about. But they're at least accurate. Much of it seems to be made from thick cloth or cardboard...whereas the Frost above looks like molded latex, which I assume it is since that's her "thing".

Oh that's cool. I've always wanted one of those half-masks. Latex really is the way to go for those things, good link sevendead.

I think I'll just stick to playing the games and wearing whatever good shirt (only one I found was of the original logo years back @ Hot Topic) I can manage to find.

To me, wearing the costumes and masks for anything other than Halloween is a bit silly.

Well who said it wasn't going to be FOR Halloween huh? Some people cosplay at conventions though, it's a tradition. Just look at the flickr stuff in the above posts.