rare snes mk1 game genie code to see lizard shang tsung.

ccox24gp

This is something i discovered just playing around with some game genie codes if done correctly you should be able to see a lizard version of shang tsung input AF21-146D which is cage morphs into random characters if you tap back most likley shang tsung.also input A92A-34DD which is kang turns a smoke like color after landing a fly kick. also input the code i found A9B8-34DD and A9B8-14DD which is after kang lands fly kick other player turns into a smoke like color.make sure game genie switch is off until the fight starts or else the game will mess up.Once at the character select screen
p1 pick kang and p2 pick cage do not turn game genie switch on until after the fight starts then tap back once with cage if he turns to someone other than shang turn off game genie and try again in round 2 but if you get shang just standing there doing nothing do a fly kick with kang and shang tsung will turn into his green lizard reptillian form.most likley the game will freeze afterwards.
this code was tested on the original hardware not an emulator.

Last edited:
If this is SNES, I can give it a shot later today or tomorrow as I have the real Hardware SNES and Game Genie.

update It is really glitchy, but working on getting it to disort Shang.

Update 2: I got it to work. It's obviously a palette corruption on Shang Tsung, combined with the game unable to allow a human player to control him. For me it just locked up the P2 player, and I didn't dare to try to move at all after this to get a proper screenshot. See below.

I also added a few other photos of fun with those combination of codes. I found the game very likely to crash/freeze based on what combination of things happened.

Attachments

• IMG_0684.jpg
    IMG_0684.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0686.jpg
    IMG_0686.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0682.jpg
    IMG_0682.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0680.jpg
    IMG_0680.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
there is a way to play with shang and goro without game genies in mk1 snes too. with some combination of moves you can morph into few characters, but i havent mess that much with this version, because its one of the worst.

Hey Pat... What is with that $29.99 sticker on your flat screen?

LOL I was waiting for a comment about that, it came on the Gamecube I stuck it on my TV to be funny. It's been there ever since. So no, the TV is NOT for sale for $30. It cost me much more than that. ;)

thanks patrick for posting this picture up for me i was getting ready to do it but I see you have already did it that is exactly what I was talking about that is one of the strangest things that i have ever seen in mortal kombat 1. I have even more things that I will show everyone later on. The reason i wanted to do this is because i dont see that many things like this in mortal kombat and there are tons of things just like this or better hidden in mortal kombat and nobody's even tapped into it or even scratched the surface.

Well as I said, it's not something hidden. It's actually the game messing up the color palette of him causing that to happen. It's caused by this code: "A9B8-34DD and A9B8-14DD" changing Tsung's color palette on impact with the Flying Kick. In this case it doesn't change it to some gray color, but a greenish color. It's just a way to cause a bug, and not really a feature hidden away in the game.

Either way though, it's still neat to see.

well patrick I do think that it is something hidden away in the game but maybe thats just my opinion, because i know a way to play as this lizard version of shang tsung without using a game genie but i wanted to show people an easier way to see what i was talking about but what ever people think I could care less because I just wanted to show everyone something kind of different from the norm. and i dont appreciate the way you try to come behind me and correct me man that just aint cool. Don't get me wrong I give you mad props for posting up the picture but I know pretty much what im talking about.

Even if you can do it without a game genie that's still a palette corruption of the character sprite. It would be properly classified as a "glitch" or "error" not a "secret" or "hidden" anything. In fact, it's a similar glitch that originally started the legend of Ermac from MK1. It was simply a Scorpion palette corruption turning him a shade of red. So sure, you can call this "lizard shang tsung" but since it was never an intended inclusion by the developers it can't be considered a "secret".

actually the developers tested most of the ideas and character concepts for future mortal kombat on mk1 where do you think the chamelion character came from they tested it out on shang tsung changing to other characters in mk1, and as far as ermac the developers used this red pallete color so that they would not be bored in the testing of the game.In fact the character known as torch or blaze was originally tested out in mk1 thats why some of these hidden characters were actually put into future mortal kombat games they had to save something for the sequels so that they can make more money.I know what im talking about it was something hidden not just a glitch. yes there are characters known as glitch characters but if you know how developers use coding in the creation of the game glitch characters can become as normal as the other characters
and since I see you guys trippin off of a simple code if I told you all that i know the codes to make mk1 and mk2 have a combo system as complex as mk3 and trilogy you will really think that I was crazy,but I dont care what you guys think I only speak the truth.

ccox24gp, yep, you are crazy ;)

btw Glamador, Ermac never existed in MK1 or MK2, not even as a palette glitch.

I don't think you're right about that. I've seen pictures showing such. Of course those could be elaborate fakes, but it was always my understanding that fans created the idea for Ermac (or "Error Macro") from this red palette corruption of Scorpion...unless you have an alternate history and this is simply a myth.

But it's true, there is no character called ERMAC in MK1 in any form. I think it was something related to the meaning of the term, some form of debugging error check, and less of a joke. Because it was removed when Mortal Kombat moved to the T-Unit boards, it was only in the Audits for the Y-Unit boards. If it was a joke, it got out of hand in rumors so he removed it during the move to T-Unit system boards.

I knew Ermac never actually existed...and I could definitely tell (for the reasons outlined in that thread) that the pictures of "red scorpion" were faked (3 color palette for blood 'n all). But hey, that's how myths are. They seem just plausible enough for people to believe them. I suppose I was just another victim.

Regardless, this was originally supposed to be a simple and widely-believed concept used to in parallel to this threads original post to disprove the clearly mislead ramblings of the user above me claiming "Lizard Shang Tsung" to be a secret included by the creators.

to ded you might think Im crazy but I think that you cool peoples I would be the same way if i didn't have the proof but I do. I will post more when I get the time.