Mortal Kombat : Snowstorm Concept Art

Snow

Snow

Born in Earthrealm, Snow and his parents were captured brought to Outworld. They became slaves re-building Shao Kahn’s temple. One day, Snow decided to oppose the Emperor and was punished for it, he was almost completely thrown into a pool of a freezing-cold liquid. He was spared his punishment by Baraka, who was tired of being oppressed by Kahn and had decided to train the Snow in the way of the Tarkata. Baraka had kept Snow well hidden, but not good enough. The Emperor had learned of Baraka’s student and decided to put his loyalty to the test. If he remained loyal to Kahn, he would kill Snow’s parents in front of the boy. If not, Baraka would suffer a fate far worse than death. Choosing to take the Emperor’s side, Baraka viciously murdered Snow’s parents, this caused the young warrior to flee Outworld and begin a new life in his among the Lin Kuei home realm of Earth.

Mist

Born and raised in Hong Kong, Mist’s childhood was no less tormented than Snow’s. Mist’s father was a soldier in the Chinese military and was killed in battle. His mother went insane after her husband’s death and left Mist and his brothers to fend for themselves. To earn sufficient money, Mist became a Lin Kuei technician and soon befriended Snow. During their first mission together, Mist’s body was accidentally transformed into water, to save his best friend’s life, Snow brought him back to the Lin Kuei academy to have his liquefied body encased in a cybernetic shell.

Liu Kang

After the battle at the pyramid of Argus and after Liu Kang reunited his body and soul, he relinquished his title as Champion of Mortal Kombat to live the rest of his life in peace. After 12 years of living with the White Lotus, Raiden asked Liu Kang if he would host the next tournament. Liu accepted but requested that the tournament was not held at the Wu Shi Academy, but at another school for warriors…

Raiden

The confrontation with Shinnok at the Edenian crater purified Raiden’s mind and spirit. Raiden became the protector of Earthrealm he once was. Aware of Liu Kang’s forfeit of the title, Raiden asked Liu if he would like to host the next Mortal Kombat tournament. Although he was positive about Liu being the host, he was weary of the choice for the battleground…

More bios and artwork koming soon!

Last edited:
Snow...use this code [ IMG ] http://www.url.com [ /IMG ] to embed images. It's one of the formats ImageShack will provide for you when it generates your URL. As it is, those links just lead to ImageShack, but they can be typed in manually. Oh, and remove the spaces in that code for it to work.

As for the art, I liked the last picture you did of Snow better. In this one he looks disproportionately skinny with overlarge arms. I also don't like the ice-spikes on his right arm. (Mind you I'm only pointing out the things I don't like because I already said he's pretty kickass before)

Robo-Mist looks very generic. I don't like him. And I still think Mist should be a chick. As he is now, it looks like you based him on Cyrax from MKDA. But if you look at Sektor and Smoke, the armor varies a lot between models. So try making something more unique...perhaps involving mist in some way, like Smoke has that gas-mask kinda look to him. Ya feel me?

Snow...use this code [ IMG ] http://www.url.com [ /IMG ] to embed images. It's one of the formats ImageShack will provide for you when it generates your URL. As it is, those links just lead to ImageShack, but they can be typed in manually. Oh, and remove the spaces in that code for it to work.

As for the art, I liked the last picture you did of Snow better. In this one he looks disproportionately skinny with overlarge arms. I also don't like the ice-spikes on his right arm. (Mind you I'm only pointing out the things I don't like because I already said he's pretty kickass before)

Robo-Mist looks very generic. I don't like him. And I still think Mist should be a chick. As he is now, it looks like you based him on Cyrax from MKDA. But if you look at Sektor and Smoke, the armor varies a lot between models. So try making something more unique...perhaps involving mist in some way, like Smoke has that gas-mask kinda look to him. Ya feel me?

Gotcha! (LOL!! "GOTCHA!!!")

Sorry, I should have mentioned before that these are VERY rough drawings of the characters and I'm drawing them as close to what the costumes look like as possible.
I agree that I shouldn't have added on the Ice-spikes onto Snow, and I did draw him quite unproportionately. As for Mist's Robo-Suit, it will be made from stormtrooper armor and a costom-made helmet. You have to understand that this is going to be a VERY low budget movie.

BTW: How did you like the Bios?

NEXT UPDATE: Liu Kang and Raiden. Koming soon... Like, TOMORROW soon!

Last edited:
I like the "turned to water" concept for Mist, but I doubt one could "flee outworld" as you say for Snow. The Lin Kuei are a mainly earth-based sect.

Also an inconsistency. It was not until the 90's that the UK relinquished control of Hong-Kong making his father far too young (assuming he was indeed in the chinese military) to have fathered Snow and have him exist at that age now. Unless of course the time-frame for this is sometime around 10-20 years in the future that is.

It was Mist's father who was in the Chinese military... And this takes place about 12 years after Armageddon.
Besides, both Snow and Mist are still pretty young. About 16-17.

UPDATE: Liu Kang and Raiden added!

NEXT UPDATE: Baraka and Scorpion... Koming soon...

Last edited:
Wow... I haven't updated this in a long-ass time! Well, here's a teaser poster in spirit of the new trailer coming this weekend!