Dark Seid vs Shang Tsung ***FAKE***

Nseal

With life bars:
fake1535.png

Without life bars:
fake2715.png

Story:
After splitting from Dark Kahn form, Dark Seid is confronted by Shang Tsung who tries to obtain his soul but as you can see in the fake, Dark Seid emerges victorious over the weakened sorcerer.

Just the sprite:
kahnsprite579.png

My message to the original fake makers i.e. blacksaibot:
GET ON MY LEVEL :ciao:

My message to the original fake makers i.e. blacksaibot:
GET ON MY LEVEL :ciao:

Wow, you were able to shrink the official render of Darkseid, add some contrast to it and then threw a few extra filter effects on top of everything... (yeah, that's about all you did, every wrinkle, crack and muscle is exactly the same as the MK vs DC render)

Really, this isn't anything impressive in the ways of editing or fake making. One sprite standing, the other laying on the ground, neither of them edited in any significant way.

If all you have to offer is resized pictures with a bit of photo-manipulation skill tossed in, then you have a long way to go before you put yourself on a pedestal.

Not saying it doesn't look alright, just nothing special.

Wow, you were able to shrink the official render of Darkseid, add some contrast to it and then threw a few extra filter effects on top of everything... (yeah, that's about all you did, every wrinkle, crack and muscle is exactly the same as the MK vs DC render)
:roll:

:hmmmm: I mean I'm only trying to make the sprite look just like the render.
Why don't you use your l33t skills and zoom into the sprite and notice how it doesn't have 1000000+ shades like a resized render would.

Yes I used a render for reference. So what? :sleep:

darkseidbsit4.jpg

:hmmmm: so... I resized it, reduced the color and played with the brightness/contrast. 1 minute of work, and put some emphasis on the eyes.

I didn't say you that you didn't edit anything, but all you did was work over top of the original render, removing some lighting and making it fit more into a 256 color world, like MK. So basically you're able to color within the lines? Congratulations! You just graduated to 2nd grade!

Plus you're calling out someone that doesn't even come here, or hasn't since 4/24/08...

I really wish your old work was still on MKO so I could see something else of yours, so far the only thing that I've seen from you that was "awesome" is your bashing of UR :thrasher:

I must admit I didn't understand that "get on my level" comment. Are you trying to say you're the best? Because if so I must agree with K1ll here. However, I notice there's some blood and lighting among other things. Unless that was all the work of this "original fake maker" then I'd say Nseal did something.

Besides, if you make something cool and want to share it then it doesn't really need to be something special.

darkseidbsit4.jpg

:hmmmm: so... I resized it, reduced the color and played with the brightness/contrast. 1 minute of work, and put some emphasis on the eyes.

I didn't say you that you didn't edit anything, but all you did was work over top of the original render, removing some lighting and making it fit more into a 256 color world, like MK. So basically you're able to color within the lines? Congratulations! You just graduated to 2nd grade!

Plus you're calling out someone that doesn't even come here, or hasn't since 4/24/08...

I really wish your old work was still on MKO so I could see something else of yours, so far the only thing that I've seen from you that was "awesome" is your bashing of UR :thrasher:

K1LLKANO wins!
FLAWLESS VICTORY!
PWNALITY

Also you presume that your style (if you want to call it that) is "the best" yet there are retro fakers outthere who can do great jobs without the need to go fancey. Plus when it comes to modern tools of trade against retro, yours still doesn't compete - I've seen sakes that'd knock your socks off.

The way you came on here, I wanted to see a second fake because there was a "stolen art" call urge coming out because you come on TRMK and pretty much declared your great. In the past - this is one of the common habbits stolen artworkers did. Then they fled crying with their tails between their legs when discovered Perhaps next time you should genly coming in and politely present yourself asking for advice and opinions? Then show us your trying to improve it? Or even show examples of other stuff? Simple things that stop people looking funny at fakes.

Also you presume that your style (if you want to call it that) is "the best" yet there are retro fakers outthere who can do great jobs without the need to go fancey. Plus when it comes to modern tools of trade against retro, yours still doesn't compete - I've seen sakes that'd knock your socks off.

The way you came on here, I wanted to see a second fake because there was a "stolen art" call urge coming out because you come on TRMK and pretty much declared your great. In the past - this is one of the common habbits stolen artworkers did. Then they fled crying with their tails between their legs when discovered Perhaps next time you should genly coming in and politely present yourself asking for advice and opinions? Then show us your trying to improve it? Or even show examples of other stuff? Simple things that stop people looking funny at fakes.

You're beutiful when you're angry :mrgreen:. (JOKE)

Totally reminds me of Foot_of_adhesive_Tape and his Rain fake. Lawls were ensued.

yet there are retro fakers outthere who can do great jobs without the need to go fancey.
Hehe. oh why thank you. :-D

I don't know if that was a bad thing though... All he did was make a few posts, one artwork, at someone from a different forum with boastful words. He couldn't take critism, didn't post anywhere else or attempt to fit in with the forum or get to know us. >_<

Aside from everything else, the fake is too dark. At first I was thinking 'Where's Shang Tsung?' and then I realised that the MK1 version was on the floor. And I'd have probably gone with the MK3 version to be fair, he looks the most like the MKvDC Shang. Also, the lighting on the two characters is completely different, and both health bars are at their extremes, which shows a lack of attention to detail.
There are good bits about this, but the artist's attitude does make you kinda forget them.
People who proclaim their own greatness don't give themselves the drive to improve, whereas those who admit their flaws can work upon them.

in my honest opinion I think there are several factors in making a fake
Originality is a must,
style is another element as there are different styles,more realistic,closer to actual gameplay,and full-on assault of heavily edited levels and characters whether made up or cannon.

EDIT: "Heavily edited due to mistaken identity."

Last edited: