Can't Get my Head round the Close Kombar and Freefall Kombat

silvercue

Sorry if this sounds a liitel obvious to all of you lot, but I just can't work out what I am supposed to do with the Freefall Kombat and the Close Kombat sections.

The manual is little help either.

Am I supposed to randomly press buttons when I am being pummelled mid air and hope to reverse the aggressor...or look at what they press....it just makes no sense to me at all.

Same for close kombat!

Any help appreciated.

TiA
Silver

I randomly press buttons in hope of turning the tide. You can't really look at what they press...but if you're attacking you might notice your opponent holding a button and then you can attack just as they stop pressing it. When you're defending it's harder to read because the opponent just has to tap a button and hope it hits.

When I am attacking, I random.

When I am defending, I am looking at there inputs in hopes of countering.

In Klose Kombat, I also and trying to duck and dodge the attacks.

It's like a game of Rock Paper Scissors, you both pick an input and if they are the same, it ends. There really is no skilled way to counter because once they hit their button unless they are repeating the same button over and over (the CPU does this a lot).

I've found that during two player mode most people seem to open there attack with the square button (or whatever the in Xbox's version of the square button is). So that often helps, when playing as the defending side in Klose Kombat or Freefall.

Lol, I always open with triangle.
When playing vs the cpu, I tend to just hammer one button, again usually triangle. They're bound to choose it sooner or later, and more often than not, they do.

Thanks All.

So, what we are saying is:

For free fall kombat - when defending it is pure luck to match the aggressors button press and switch over....?
For free fall kombat - when attacking hit what you want!

For Close Kombat - same as above?

from what i found out, people online want variety when they do it meaning that they press all the buttons at least once. so i see them press Y, then X, then B, and then i know they will choose A. always happens to me. just start guessing what they will put until the fourth time just choose the button they did not press yet. its not really strategy just common sense.

Thanks All.

So, what we are saying is:

For free fall kombat - when defending it is pure luck to match the aggressors button press and switch over....?
For free fall kombat - when attacking hit what you want!

For Close Kombat - same as above?

That's pretty much it. When attacking, try to stay as random as possible to keep your opponents on his/ her toes.