Mortal Kombat : Snowstorm

Snow

Hi all! I've been working long and hard for two years to bring you a worthy form of MK entertainment, and after a few months of constant typing and revising, I am proud to say that My first feature-length film is on it's way! It tells the story of my Mortal Kombat character and takes place about twelve years after the events of MK: Armageddon. The original Kombatants have been stripped of their powers, and many of them have settled down and started teaching their own techniques to a new generation. Here is a tiny snippet of the script for the first two scenes of the movie:

MORTAL KOMBAT
Snowstorm

ACT 1 - SCENE 1:

(The Camera starts in from the sky and slowly moves downward to focus on Snow.)

Snow: (Being attacked by Noob, counters two punches but gets kicked backwards and falls to the ground.)

Noob: You are beaten! And with you falls the entire universe! NOTHING will stop my darkness from spreading across the realms!

Snow(NARRATING): They say that when you’re about to die, your entire life flashes before your eyes… I’m not so lucky… Instead, I get to see myself cause the end of days all over again…
(Camera fades to black, then fades into next scene, an outside shot of the Lin-Kuei temple)

ACT 1 - SCENE 2:

Snow(NARRATING): Where do we begin? Well, it all started about three months ago, when I was being briefed for a mission by the Grand Master of the Lin-Kuei academy, Sub-zero…

(Camera follows Snow as he makes his way to the Grand Master’s quarters. It then blinks to Sub-Zero who is trying to find a way to regain his freezing ability.)

Snow: You wanted to speak to me, sir?

Sub-Zero: (with his back to Snow) Have a seat…

Snow: (Sits down in a chair nearby.) Is there something wro-

Sub-Zero: (Cuts him off) Your teamwork skills leave a lot to be desired, boy. Every team assignment I have given you, you have failed to accomplish because you are too preoccupied with arguing with your partner!

Snow: (Says nothing as he recalls what happened during his last partner mission)

Sub-Zero: (Turns to face Snow) I am giving you one final chance… (The door opens, another ninja walks in)

Mist: You wanted to spea…(Embarrassed by his intrusion as he looks at Snow and Sub-Zero) I’m sorry, am I interrupting?

Sub-Zero: Not at all, Mist. (motions him to have a seat, Mist sits next to Snow) I am assigning you to work with Snow.

Snow: (Looks at Sub-Zero, then at Mist) What kind of unit are you anyway?

Mist: I’m a Grade-A technician sir, best of my class.

Sub-Zero: You two will be tasked with retrieving an artifact that was stolen from the Lin-Kuei museum sector a few days ago. This artifact’s power is unimaginable, and in the wrong hands, it could pose a universal threat. Is this understood? (Snow and Mist nod their heads) Excellent! Now, there is one thing I want you two to remember before either of you attempts to grab the artifact, after researching for quite some time, I have discovered that the artifact’s power is nullified when exposed to cold temperatures. (Looks at Snow) This is where you are needed most, Snow. Had I retained my power over the cold, I would have set upon this mission myself. But since I am no longer in control of the cold, it is up to you to keep the artifact secure. Now go, prepare for your journey, your transport has already been set… (Snow and Mist get up from their chairs, bow, then exit the Grand master’s quarters)

So... What did you guys think!?:-D What should I build upon? (As I am still in the process of writing the script) :mrgreen:

Last edited:
HINT: I'm planning on making the main villain a very dark, and already existing character...

Let's not say Noob Saibot. I have a question, though...
Why are you making Sub-Zero seem like he's running a mafia? I keep seeing him sitting back in his lounge chair, talking to his clan members as if they are employees.
I know I'm not a buff on this by any means, but you don't really get the business feel from the Lin Kuei if you play the games. It's kind of more like an old fashioned guild or something. Just don't make it seem so much like Sub-zero's running microsoft.

Thanks for the advice, dude! I'll be sure to look into that!

Well, the way I always imagined the Lin Kuei has always been more like an academy for assassins-in-training as well as an assassin organization. Sort of like the Beuro in Assassin's Creed.

Last edited:
I don't usually read fan fiction or scripts. So I don't know how useful my comments would be. But I do agree with the complaint of this having a mafia-like tone to it. If I may, I might suggest you have this meeting happen impromptu with Sub-Zero attacking Snow as a test of strength while he is on a (then unknown to him) mock mission with Mist. A fact of which she is aware and attempts to covertly gauge his skill in teamwork situations. Upon Snow's swift defeat, Sub-Zero informs him of the ruse and reveals the true mission as you've outlined above.

Of course, it's all in the delivery. If this is intended to be a film, be sure to get good actors.

I don't usually read fan fiction or scripts. So I don't know how useful my comments would be. But I do agree with the complaint of this having a mafia-like tone to it. If I may, I might suggest you have this meeting happen impromptu with Sub-Zero attacking Snow as a test of strength while he is on a (then unknown to him) mock mission with Mist. A fact of which she is aware and attempts to covertly gauge his skill in teamwork situations. Upon Snow's swift defeat, Sub-Zero informs him of the ruse and reveals the true mission as you've outlined above.

Of course, it's all in the delivery. If this is intended to be a film, be sure to get good actors.

Thank you for the advice! As I said before, I'll look into the whole mafia thing. I'm not quite sure that the whole mock-mission thing would be necessary, but I'll consider it. As for the actors, I already have my best friend playing Mist, and myself portraying Snow.:mrgreen: (I know the character best, after all!)

By the way, Mist is a guy! (Honestly, I couldn't think of a better name!)

Why does Sub-Zero has no coldz?
EDIT: nvm. armageddon.

I was a little worried there :-D, I thought you didn't read my opening statement first.

Scenes 1 and 2 updated, with a little teaser of scene 3.
MORTAL KOMBAT
Snowstorm

SCENE 1:

(The opening credits end. The camera looks to the sky and slowly moves downward to focus on the fight at hand.)

Snow: (Being attacked by Noob, counters a few attacks but gets kicked backwards and falls to the ground.)

Noob: You are beaten! And with you falls the entire universe! NOTHING will stop my darkness from spreading across the realms!

Snow(NARRATING): They say that when you’re about to die, your entire life flashes before your eyes… I’m not so lucky… Instead, I get to see myself cause the end of days all over again…
(Camera fades to black, then fades into next scene, an outside shot of the Lin-Kuei temple)

SCENE 2:

Snow(NARRATING): Where do we begin? Well, it all started about three months ago, when I was being briefed for a mission by the Grand Master of the Lin-Kuei academy, Sub-zero…

(Snow makes his way to the Grand Master’s quarters. Sub-Zero, who is trying to find a way to regain his freezing ability, is inside.)

Snow: Grandmaster Sub-Zero?

Sub-Zero: (with his back to Snow) Enter…

Snow: (Walks closer to Sub-Zero.) Is there something wro-

Sub-Zero: (Cuts him off) I have taken notice to the fact that your teamwork skills leave a lot to be desired, boy. Every team assignment I have given you, you have failed to accomplish because you are too preoccupied with arguing with your partner!

Snow: (Says nothing as he recalls what happened during his last partner mission)

Sub-Zero: (Turns to face Snow) I am giving you one final chance… (The door opens, another ninja walks in)

Mist: You wanted to spea…(Embarrassed by his intrusion as he looks at Snow and Sub-Zero) I’m sorry, am I interrupting?

Sub-Zero: Not at all, Mist. Come, I wish to discuss something with the both of you…(Mist and Snow follow Sub-Zero to the information archive near the back of the room.) First and foremost, I am assigning you to work with Snow.

Snow: (Looks at Sub-Zero, then at Mist) What kind of unit are you anyway?

Mist: I’m a Grade-A technician sir, best of my class.

Snow:

Sub-Zero: You two will be tasked with retrieving an artifact that was stolen from the Lin-Kuei museum sector a few days ago. This artifact’s power is unimaginable, and in the wrong hands, it could pose a universal threat. Is this understood? (Snow and Mist nod their heads) Excellent. Now, there is but one thing I want the two of you to remember before either of you attempts to grab the artifact. After researching for quite some time, I have discovered that the artifact’s power is nullified when exposed to cold temperatures. (Looks at Snow) This is where you are needed most. Had I retained my power over the cold, I would have set upon this mission myself. But since I am no longer in control of the cold, it is up to you to keep the artifact secure. Now go, prepare for your journey, your transport is being set…

Snow: Where exactly was the artifact taken?

Sub-Zero: …Outworld…

Snow: (Snow is stunned for a second.) Then we’d better get going… (Snow and Mist get up from their chairs, bow, then exit the Grand master’s quarters)

SCENE 3:

(Snow and Mist make their way to the transport sector and have a very revealing conversation.)

Mist: So, uh…where you from?

Snow: Earthrealm.

Mist: uh-huh…(They walk in silence for a few seconds.) How’d you get your arm like that? Nanotechnology? Cybernetics? Accide-

Snow: (Annoyed) You REALLY have no consideration for other people’s personal business, do you?

Mist: Sorry…I’m just a little curious is all…

Last edited:
I've decided to give you guys a little bit of a plot summary, as I'm sure some of you don't know what the hell is going on in this movie...

Okay... Here goes...

Snow proves his worth to the Lin Kuei by going on a team mission with Mist. The mission goes horribly wrong, yet Sub-Zero allows Snow to stay with the Lin Kuei. We jump a few months later and the White Lotus Society has allowed the Lin Kuei to hold the next Mortal Kombat tournament at the temple. Before the tournament begins, a whole bunch of familiar faces appear to guide the new generation of fighters.

Expect to see:
4 Shao Kahn Guardsmen
Baraka
Liu Kang
Mileena
Noob
Raiden
Rain
Reptile
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Shao Kahn

Newcomers include:
Kong Shou
Leila
Mantis
Mist
Nekra
Nina
Snow

Sometime soon, I will be uploading concept art with the designs of each character's costume as well as a brief bio.

Thank you all for your time and support. Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Awesome news!!! I've finally bought a special effects program! It's called EffectsLab Pro. One of the most useful effects is the particle option, which allows you to make projectiles like fireballs (Or iceballs in this case!). Now that I've finished the script and bought special effects, all that's left is making the costumes and filming! Thanks again for your patience! At the rate I'm going, this thing should be done before this November!