Who here will try and get Resident Evil 5?

There is many things you cal learn from Resident Evil 5. At least that is what Resident Evil 4 did. It teaches many things about how humans interact with each other, and crazy senarios.

I will already apologize for those players who knew of RE way before RE4. But my question is, who is getting RE5???

It is still coming out in March 13th, it is not that far away.

I will endeavor to get it. You can never get too much practice for the inevitable zombie apocalypse.

I'm doubting the coming armageddon will be alike to Resident Evil...but sure, that's a good reason. Me? I like good stories, entertaining gameplay I can repeat time after time after time, and I especially like the extra content they always tack on (mercenaries lasted me half as long as the game itself).

THAT's why I'm getting RE5. And I'm getting the 90 dollar collector's edition too. Damn right I am. If this game is even a BIT like RE4 (and I suspect it will be) then I have no doubt I'll be entertained to the fullest extent that 90 bucks can buy me.

I'm extremely excited for RE5, but now that I have a PS3 I have to question which version I should get...probably 360, it has better online and more of my online friends have one. I want to co-op the SHIT outta this game.

I just finished playing the demo and the graphics were awesome...But i was very disappointed with the controls!!! Why does it feel so stiff??? and why can't you strafe while shooting??? I know that if you could "run & shoot" that it would mess up the suspense of the game, but why can't you even "walk & shoot"??? And the melee attack is just pathetic!!! A zombie was a foot away from me, and i still couldn't hit him!!!
The A.I is so bad!!! they walk so slow, and when they get to you they just stand around and wait for you to kill them!!! and i was fighting that "Chainsaw Dude" and i walked in front of him, waited till he raised the chainsaw, then just walked behind him and unloaded rounds into his back while he was swinging the chainsaw down to the area i WAS standing in about 1 minute ago...

Dead space probably had the best "survival-horror" controls EVER!!!
And the A.I's were insane!!!

I'm sure the story is great, and the visuals are amazing, but i don't think that will be enough for me to buy it when the core mechanics of the game are so bad.

I tried the demo and i thought it was cool, but i dont like the aiming. I enjoyed the wii version of RE4, that was a lot of fun. But i dont like the aiming. That fine red light is too small.

I was never a huge fan or Resident Evil until I played # 4. A friend of mine got as a birthday gift and he said you have to try this game. So after beating 6 times I think it is a top 5 for greatest games ever made. I can't wait until it comes out.

The Collector's Edition looks pretty sweet, even tho its $30 more than the game itself. :/

PS3
270301_bonusLG.jpg

200572_bonusLG.jpg

I have pre-ordered the CE and the JPN version a LONG time ago (for both, but I had since canceled the 360 once I sold it), but I may cancel it. After playing the JPN demo, it's nothing more than RE4 HD at core, so I'm going to give the co-op a go, if it's fun then I'm in.

I got the PS1 Bio3 off the JPN PSN a little over a month ago, and playing the original games just elevates my distaste for the action/shooter formula (as if the market needs more shooters) of present times. It's merely RE by name, and it's fun but not the games I've obsessively played since I was 16. Not to mention I read the spoilers, and quite frankly, some story elements are of poor taste in my view from an older fan's point of view.

They tried to go all Left 4 Dead with the overwhelming amount of enemies, and didn't give you the manouverability to deal with it. If you were able to run without holding A, strafe while running, or move while aiming it'd be worlds better. And I also hate games where you babysit for someone else. At least Ashley would get to safety, Sheva just stands in between you and the enemies picking up all the ammo that you need and taking too much damage. I'm still going to get it, just waiting until it's inexpensive and preowned.

I'm a big fan of the series, so I'll buy it. I haven't played the demo, but it seems that the game play is very similar to RE4. I liked RE4, but it didn't feel like a resident evil game to me. the lack of horror and puzzles made the game fun to play, but nothing more. I don't dislike the story, but I miss those times when I didn't know what to do and where to go next and those moments when I almost scared to death. I think that RE5 will be like RE4 in this matter, so I hope that the critics turn out to be very bad so the next one can be more like the olders, with horror and puzzles.

I played the demo last night with a friend, we both liked it, but I understand some of the arguments people bring up here. I'd need to try Left 4 Dead, just to compare the two.

@Goraka: I was worried the AI wouldn't be very good, so I'm glad I was playing with a real person. The lack of being able to move while aiming was also kinda bothersome, I'll agree, but it's not too hard to work around.

@kigahen_ninja: I'll agree the melee attacks felt limiting. When your partner is being attacked, you can melee them to help out, and sometimes when a zombie is stunned, but it's so random feeling that I can't figure out how to do it consistently. I'm trying to conserve ammo, and only popping up a melee attack option for a micro second once in a while is frustrating. If it was me, there'd be some sort of melee attack meter that would slowly charge. You couldn't melee constantly, but at least you could save a little ammo, and attack whoever you wanted, not just stunned zombies.

I played the demo last night with a friend, we both liked it, but I understand some of the arguments people bring up here. I'd need to try Left 4 Dead, just to compare the two.

@Goraka: I was worried the AI wouldn't be very good, so I'm glad I was playing with a real person. The lack of being able to move while aiming was also kinda bothersome, I'll agree, but it's not too hard to work around.

@kigahen_ninja: I'll agree the melee attacks felt limiting. When your partner is being attacked, you can melee them to help out, and sometimes when a zombie is stunned, but it's so random feeling that I can't figure out how to do it consistently. I'm trying to conserve ammo, and only popping up a melee attack option for a micro second once in a while is frustrating. If it was me, there'd be some sort of melee attack meter that would slowly charge. You couldn't melee constantly, but at least you could save a little ammo, and attack whoever you wanted, not just stunned zombies.
The only thing that Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil have in common is the fact that its a zombie horrorfest.

1. Left 4 Dead plays only first person shooter, RE5 is like fallout 3 but with shitty controls.
2. Left 4 dead has a little to nothing story, RE5 looks to me like it has an awesome story. (I played the demo and watched the preview for it)
3. Having the a computer partner in RE5 is really annoying. Its really hard to babysit when there's twenty zombies infront of you.
In left 4 dead, you have more than 1 computer partner, AND THEY KICK ASS! THEY EVEN HEAL THEMSELVES AND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the beginning of the demo they said that there may be "BUGS" because it is a demo. I really hope they were referring to the controls. lol
And the AI of your partner and the zombies.