So what would you keep/change for MK9?

i got like this sick ass idea for if they were to bring back the dead pool stage. ok for starters there should be no roof but somehow still have the chains with hooks in the level. it should be at night so its dark and not so easy to see. there could be lightning flashing to add to the scary look. as for the deadpool fatality they need to work on that a bit to. when u do the fatality the character shouldnt just fall in the acid and pop out a second later like a skeleton. when they fall in it should show a struggle. like it should show them yelling and screaming and show their skin and flesh melting. hell, it should do a close up and show their eyes melting. finally they go under and when they pop up as a skeleton there should be some chunks of burnt flesh still on the skeleton. i think that would be some sick stuff. what do u think?

Along with that, the hooks should be useful too. When a character gets uppercut on the hooks, there should be a lever that the winner would pull just to dip the hooked victim in the pool. Also, if there will be no roof, the hooks should at least have something holding them and controlling them.

For another stage, I'd want a bathroom. Thr deathtrap/stagefatality should be a toilet where the opponent is hit onto it, making him sit on it and then the toilet sucks him up butt first with blood and guts splattering out of the toilet all over the place once it flushes the victim inside.
:toilet:

Last edited:
-I'd want deathtraps enabled only at the last round!!!
-New super combos should be performed during kombat once some kind of rage bar is full and have the combos be as quick as brutalities like in MKSM.
-Clothes should not only get ripped open but also some should fall off like in Soul Calibur 4.
-MK9 should be as dark and gritty as the game Thrill Kill.

For the acid pit when knocked in they try crawl out with arms and then opponent comes up to them and kicks them in forehead back into acid

I miss my Kreate-a-Fighter so bad, that was my favorite part of MKA. My guy killed everything, and still does actually. I found my PS2 and now kill several relatives with him daily.

We need Kombo fatalities again, if thats what they're called. As a friend of mine pointed out, certain characters may have cool, unique fatalities, but what if they suck? And what if you have a character thats really good but has crappy fatalities? Making you're own unique, humiliating, and gory fatality is great, and there were so many things to do to people! My Fatality is Rib rip, Heart rip, Brain rip, Groin kick (nut shot), Double arm rip, Arm hit, Arm hit, and either Spine rip, Head rip, Torso rip, Neck breaker, or Head smash as the finisher, and those are only the forward chains and finishers! And then there's also the separate boss fatalities. Now compare that to Superman pushing you into the ground and letting you live and i think you'll agree with me. Kustom fighters need to be able to do the transitions too.

I loved how many characters there were in MKA too, and a big reason why I dont play MK vs. DCu that much any more is because there were only 22! And only half of those were actual MK characters. boo! A good number of the DC characters sucked, so i probably shouldn't even count them. Shao Kahn should never have to be unlocked.

I do like the 3D arenas but round ones are just stupid. maybe you could have an area where you fight through a house and can go down the halls or into different rooms, and each room could have some kind of deathtrap, i just hate fighting in a ring.

Falling Kombat = chance. No skill involved, just button mashing and 30 damage at the end. Close Kombat = chance. exact same thing, except you aren't falling. And it took away the unique R1 moves that i love so much. Rage = retarded. Who wants to go through a good fight and get to the end only to be killed by your opponent turning on rage? And deciding between using rage or breakers does require strategy, but i dont think that choice should have to be made. Earning you're breakers is stupid. you have a much better chance of getting a flawless victory if you start out with them anyway. Fortunately Since there probably wont be any kind of dimensional cross over in this game they wont be able to keep it. Test Your Might = awful/retarded/death trap. This is the ultimate button mashing mode. Its stupid and hurts your hand, leaving you and your hopefully human opponent hoping you dont get arthritis. The reason i'm calling this a death trap and saying hopefully human opponent is that there is no way to win on later level foes. You sit there rapidly hitting or smacking the buttons as you're hauled through a wall while the bar at the top races towards your opponents side, despite your best efforts. knock them through a wall, and the bar will again race toward their side, doing about 3 damage to them at the end.

What do i want to stay the same? nothing comes to mind. i didnt like any of the new features, and i think they got rid of some really good ones.

I want to see improved MKA in MK9, and Nothing left of MK Vs. DCU. I want new arenas that aren't circles, and better death traps. Death traps also need to be harder to knock people into, i swear the lumbermill grinder you can knock someone into sideways. Anyway, if i think of anything else, I'll be sure to say so.

Death traps should be harder to fall into. Add one or two endurance matches before sub boss if there is one. Don't add Rage to new game just keep combo system.

Since they are bringing back an old-school type feel to this game, I think Friendships should be brought back. Don't make the conquest mode like MK:A and make it a little more like MK:D. Multiple Fatalities, cooler endings, and bring back old favorites as well as cool new characters.

Well I'd like to see Brutalities brought back into the mix. Judging by the trailer, the little segment with Johnny Cage close-up breaking bones on Subby, might be a brutality, but who knows.

I agree with the OP, Rage and Klose Kombat should be left out.

Beyond that, regarding the stages, I'd like to see extensions of stages. For example, if you were to throw an opponent towards and into a wall, it would break, thus leading into another stage with a pit fatality possibility. Just like in UMK3/ MK3 where you uppercut someone through the ceiling. Except all sides of the stage would be vulnerable to collision/ collapsing in a new area, yes, even the ground. ;)

Test your might NEEDS to be kept, or brought back rather. Alongside Friendships, Babalities, and Animalities (maybe) :)

Since they are bringing back an old-school type feel to this game, I think Friendships should be brought back. Don't make the conquest mode like MK:A and make it a little more like MK:D. Multiple Fatalities, cooler endings, and bring back old favorites as well as cool new characters.
The game is darker so don't bet on "Friendships" not being and you can bet on some good Fatalities. Don't know about new characters but I'd like to see 5-10 of them even if a couple are hidden. Like to see a conquest as well.

Real Time Facial/Clothes Damage would be nice not essential but nice
Needs to have Darker more eerie driving music like MK3/UMK3 & DA
Needs BRUTAL Fatalities No More Silly Random Exploding (It's need that shock value again)
Just like with SF4 I'd like to see them bring back the original cast BUT also a FEW new characters maybe like 3

and lots of Blood and Gore Of course...

I want Jade to shove her Bo inside a guy's @$$ and Mileena take down her opponent to she can eat him up from the crotch to the face, ripping out every organ on the way, then bites the head off. Basically I want nasty fatalities (nasty as Kung Lao's Hat Buzzsaw) for my favorite female characters. It needs to be that shocking and twisted!!!

I want Jade to shove her Bo inside a guy's @$$ and Mileena take down her opponent to she can eat him up from the crotch to the face, ripping out every organ on the way, then bites the head off. Basically I want nasty fatalities (nasty as Kung Lao's Hat Buzzsaw) for my favorite female characters. It needs to be that shocking and twisted!!!

LMAO i love the first idea!!

and its almost impossible that Mileena wnt be using those beautiful teeth of hers for her Fatality so dnt worry!

LMAO i love the first idea!!

and its almost impossible that Mileena wnt be using those beautiful teeth of hers for her Fatality so dnt worry!

Just crossing my fingers. :)

Also, Kreate a Kharacter should return so I can create my favorite characters that have not made it in the game's playable roster like Li Mei.

Last edited:
mileena is my favorite female mk character. i like your idea for that fatality nasty freak. mabey she should stab you in the crotch and the face, pick you up and eat you. but i guess they gotta watch the humorous ones, we dont want to be laughing (except me. i will) we want to be shocked at what we see. i got this idea from a cannibal corpse song, but there sould be a new character that force feeds you broken glass for one of their fatalities. ahahaha that would be cool.

mileena is my favorite female mk character. i like your idea for that fatality nasty freak. mabey she should stab you in the crotch and the face, pick you up and eat you. but i guess they gotta watch the humorous ones, we dont want to be laughing (except me. i will) we want to be shocked at what we see. i got this idea from a cannibal corpse song, but there sould be a new character that force feeds you broken glass for one of their fatalities. ahahaha that would be cool.

That's another lovely idea! After all, she is very sexy seductive girl so she should do a fatality that is sexually related like that. :)