Anti-spyware

Goraka

Does anyone know any decent free spyware removal software? All of a sudden I'm overrun with Pop-ups and I don't really wanna get my wallet out.

Spybot: Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware are the only ones I've ever used, and they seem to get the job done. Spybot's more focused on actual malware than tracking cookies but integrates into your browser; Ad-Aware has a much larger database for tracking cookies, although I think it only integrates into Internet Exporer for now. I've always heard it was best to use both, as sometimes one will catch something the other doesn't.

Also, if you're using Firefox, I'd suggest downloading the NoScript add-on, which blocks scripts (Java, Flash, etc.) by default and ends up cutting off a lot of that stuff at the source. It could be a slight pain in the ass to use at first just because it blocks all scripts by default and you'll need to whitelist the sites you trust as you get to them and realize they don't work right (which is actually very easy to do), but it's absolutely worth it.

I tried Ad-aware and it didn't pick up on anything, when I'm obviously suffering from it badly. I'm using Counter-spy right now, and it seems to have worked. Also, strangely, since I sorted the Malware out, AVG has found 7 or 8 trojans that it wasn't picking up before.