New Spoiler Tag!

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
You can now wrap text in a spoiler tag to avoid spoiling things for other users. Like so:

Spoiler:
You don't want to read this!

Here is a code example:
Code:
[spoiler]You don't want to read this![/spoiler]

Great idea! I've thought about it before but I don't think anyone's suggested it. This is more advanced than the spoiler features I've seen at other forums too, which usually make you highlight the text to read it.

Spoiler:
Take THAT, other forums.

We usually highlight spoiler topics so anyone daft enough to go into, say the "Opinion on Endings" topic deserves what thy get for being stupid.

I guess its useful for topic where we're not talking about storylines and someone puts it in, but... My crib with spoiler tags on every forum is that if one REALLY doesn't want to be spoilt they shouldn't be on a forum, because members WILL talk about the latest bit of the series. So expect spoilers. If your going to have a spoiler tag, you need spoiler rules to enforce the use usually, otherwise it doesn't always work unless someone is actaully decent enough.

As for my exeperience for Spoilers... I edit a One Piece wikia, I visit a OP forum... Spoilers for a series is impossible to avoid. I've tried it 5 times in the last 2 years and only managed to keep the reaction fresh twice. And on the forum the OP, yes we have a spoiler tag but we also have spoiler rules and its still getting released into the main stream forum.

So yeah, my point is spoiler tags are NICE but they are really going to be used by the "Decent" guys.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Angel doesn't play by your rules. :p

Spoiler:
0711_z+2008_dodge_viper_srt10_acr+rear_spoiler_diffuser.jpg

Everyone throw Tim a spoiler party.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've been using this form of it for a while here now when editing spoilers (*s included so you can see what I did):

[spoiler*][/spoiler*]

Am I missing something? What's new about it? <.< It has always existed to me.