Mortal Kombat Online Annoyance

Ted Bundy

So I have played MK Vs DCU online and I am loving the game. The only complaint/annoyance is that every single game I have played minus one (Captain Marvel) the person has played as Superman. Never have I had the pleasure of fighting against someone who uses a MK character. This is very disappointing and it not only makes me hate superman as a playable character but it also keeps me from enjoying the game.

Also from what I've seen he isn't that much of a good character. Though most of hits attacks do staggering amounts of damage he just seems like he is a boring character.

Has anyone else had this problem... Also what's your opinion on Superman

Last edited:
I haven't played online. Don't plan to either. At least not with anyone I don't know. And with all the complaints I'm hearing I'm not sure if that will change.

Can't say I've noticed/experienced it myself but then I've only played 4 games online and they were against Scorpion, Kitana, Sonya and Baraka! My score is 2 - 2 at the moment :)

I HATE SUPERMAN. And flash. The only reason I will use flash is if my opponent is using him. No skill whatsoever to use flash. just do back forward y and BAM you have a seven hit combo.

I HATE SUPERMAN. And flash. The only reason I will use flash is if my opponent is using him. No skill whatsoever to use flash. just do back forward y and BAM you have a seven hit combo.

It sounds like to me your not very good. He isnt cheap, and his combos have high hits, low damage. But he is easliy one of the best characters in this game.

The only way your gonna get better at this game or any other game is to get out there, get your ass handed to you, time and time again. It WILL make you a better player.

But insulting others and saying there skill less because their better than you is some low level baby talk.

(you Play To Win!)

true dude.totally true.I might get it for chrismas.hopefully.But the uh. deal with losing thing is 100% right.And to the topic starter.Even though i really think you will anyway, just keep playing.Eventually you or somebody else who will tell you will find a way to make picking superman a bad choice.Strategy evolves.I'm a philosopher, man.

Question for you guys. Ive played online I'd say about 20 matches or so. I won a few and lost a good many as well, but for some reason Im showing 0/0 in my win loss statistics. Am I doing something wrong as to why it is not registering my match totals?

Superman's infinite could have been avoided if the game allowed the player to roll out of the way while getting up off the ground. :-/

Question for you guys. Ive played online I'd say about 20 matches or so. I won a few and lost a good many as well, but for some reason Im showing 0/0 in my win loss statistics. Am I doing something wrong as to why it is not registering my match totals?

PS3 player?

PSN takes awhile to update W-L, etc

Superman's infinite could have been avoided if the game allowed the player to roll out of the way while getting up off the ground. :-/

Yes, in hindsight. But like in every fighting game (especially ones that arent tested enough, like MKvDC was) things pop up only after you left a large group of players get their hands on it.

Example: when the games were released in the arcades, they would release a version, and then upgrade it with a revision through a ROM set. Like, MKII, Rv1.2, Rv2.1, Rv3.1 ;)

Jeez, I have played 45 matches and I have noticed this...

With these characters people tend to spam.

Sub-Zero
Superman
Batman
Shao Kahn
Darkseid
Scorpion
Wonder-Woman
Catwoman
Captain Marvel

Seems its always DCU characters a bit overpowered ya know

Don't get me wrong I still win but it is aggravating to have to play with spammers

Jeez, I have played 45 matches and I have noticed this...

With these characters people tend to spam.

Sub-Zero
Superman
Batman
Shao Kahn
Darkseid
Scorpion
Wonder-Woman
Catwoman
Captain Marvel

Seems its always DCU characters a bit overpowered ya know

Don't get me wrong I still win but it is aggravating to have to play with spammers

While spamming is annoying, its still a technique, a strategy. You might as well not complain about it because it is something you'll see alot of playing n00bs online who dont know how to play any other way.

Sometimes I will spam people to just see how they react. Some people dont know how to counter it, while GOOD players always find a way to get out of it and force me to change up my game ;)

The spammers are the worst thing. Though I suppose its more fun to put down the spammers then te people trying to play the game... Not that I would know though. ¬_¬'

You gotta admit. It's fun spamming but not fun when you're getting spammed.

I love to see people rage quit after having their spams countered.

It sounds like to me your not very good. He isnt cheap, and his combos have high hits, low damage. But he is easliy one of the best characters in this game.

The only way your gonna get better at this game or any other game is to get out there, get your ass handed to you, time and time again. It WILL make you a better player.

But insulting others and saying there skill less because their better than you is some low level baby talk.

(you Play To Win!)
Tim Static do you have XBOX 360. Well if you do or if anyone else does please take a picture of the top ten and you will see my name there. THEUNDYING27. If I wasnt very good I wouldnt be there now would I.

I just dislike cheaters.

While spamming is annoying, its still a technique, a strategy. You might as well not complain about it because it is something you'll see alot of playing n00bs online who dont know how to play any other way.

Sometimes I will spam people to just see how they react. Some people dont know how to counter it, while GOOD players always find a way to get out of it and force me to change up my game ;)
I dont care how good you are there is no way to get out of Supermans ground pound and there is no way in gettting out of Flash's infinite. And I personally disagree with spamming being a "STRATEGY"
It's a bs way to rack up wins.

Tim Static do you have XBOX 360. Well if you do or if anyone else does please take a picture of the top ten and you will see my name there. THEUNDYING27. If I wasnt very good I wouldnt be there now would I.

I just dislike cheaters.

Are you tryin to impress me?

I dont care how good you are there is no way to get out of Supermans ground pound and there is no way in gettting out of Flash's infinite. And I personally disagree with spamming being a "STRATEGY"
It's a bs way to rack up wins.

No, there are LOTS of ways to counter spammers. So I guess if you cant beat pathetic spammers.........................................................

Really Tim? Your good at posting links to youtube. Demonstrate to everyone a video that shows how to get out of supermans infinite other than rage mode. Since you know "LOTS OF WAYS" to counter spammers show us.