DLC By Christmas?

I think Ed is blowing bubbles, but it would be cool, and then again, why wasnt this stuff included in the first place?

Also, the game needs patched ASAP, not DLC. Superman already has 2 legit infinites, and the Flash is BROKEN. lol

Well it goes along with what I've heard, they started work on DLC pretty quickly.

As far as patching, don't hold your breath. That not only would take a long time to happen, but also be very costly. I would expect DLC to take much less time and be available by Christmas and if a patch comes out it wont be until Feb/March.

Well it goes along with what I've heard, they started work on DLC pretty quickly.

As far as patching, don't hold your breath. That not only would take a long time to happen, but also be very costly. I would expect DLC to take much less time and be available by Christmas and if a patch comes out it wont be until Feb/March.

Wow, thats not good to hear.

I could play this game just fine w/o DLC, but they def need to fix some very serious gameplay problems that will turn people away from playing, especially online where those tactics will obvisiously be abused to no end. :(

Edit: I cant remember which character it was in SC4, but they had a super cheap infinite right at launch and it was patched within 2 weeks. I hope Midway can do the same of this game. Its definitely worth it. Best MK game BY FAR in 13 years.

I could play this game just fine w/o DLC, but they def need to fix some very serious gameplay problems that will turn people away from playing, especially online where those tactics will obvisiously be abused to no end. :(

Such is the reason why I've shied away from online play.

Such is the reason why I've shied away from online play.

Dont let that scare you or hinder you in anyway. Play with friends and play random people. It will make you a better player, so dont let that take away from the fun it has to offer too.

Edit: I cant remember which character it was in SC4, but they had a super cheap infinite right at launch and it was patched within 2 weeks. I hope Midway can do the same of this game. Its definitely worth it. Best MK game BY FAR in 13 years.
Holy crap. Did my eyes deceive me?

Glad you like the game Tim. If someone like you likes the game, surely I would.

Personally, I'm fully aware that the MK team doesn't know how to make a good fighting game with an intuitive system that works. I'm a Soul Calibur fan and it will probably always be my favorite fighting game franchise (followed closely by Smash Bros.). But in actuality, I like MK as a franchise far better than either of those two. Because I'm emotionally invested in it, it's a part of me, and I love it quite dearly. That's why I continue buying every game they put out and playing them for hours. Even when I don't like them so well...

A part of me wants the MK team to just keep on making games like Shaolin Monks. Because by all means that game was AMAZING. Best gameplay they've had since MKII I say. If they could combine that kind of free-strung combo system into a fighting game well...I'd just jump for joy.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again. The MK team simply doesn't know what it's doing. Thus far MKvDC feel basic to it's core. Better than MKDA's system, more fluid, but basic, unpolished, and crude. Attack, block, string into special move, repeat. Low attacks are almost all pokes, pro moves are ridiculously hard to do, and all in all I'd rather be playing Soul Calibur.

At least, I would if I were playing MKvDC for the gameplay. Which I'm not. I'm playing it because I'm a fan, I'm greatly enjoying the story mode, and arcade mode, and all the various endings. I'm loving playing as my favorite characters again and it's all very enjoyable. It's just not something I see myself playing again in a few months like I do SCIV.

Personally, I'm fully aware that the MK team doesn't know how to make a good fighting game with an intuitive system that works. I'm a Soul Calibur fan and it will probably always be my favorite fighting game franchise (followed closely by Smash Bros.). But in actuality, I like MK as a franchise far better than either of those two. Because I'm emotionally invested in it, it's a part of me, and I love it quite dearly. That's why I continue buying every game they put out and playing them for hours. Even when I don't like them so well...

A part of me wants the MK team to just keep on making games like Shaolin Monks. Because by all means that game was AMAZING. Best gameplay they've had since MKII I say. If they could combine that kind of free-strung combo system into a fighting game well...I'd just jump for joy.

But I've said it before and I'll say it again. The MK team simply doesn't know what it's doing. Thus far MKvDC feel basic to it's core. Better than MKDA's system, more fluid, but basic, unpolished, and crude. Attack, block, string into special move, repeat. Low attacks are almost all pokes, pro moves are ridiculously hard to do, and all in all I'd rather be playing Soul Calibur.

At least, I would if I were playing MKvDC for the gameplay. Which I'm not. I'm playing it because I'm a fan, I'm greatly enjoying the story mode, and arcade mode, and all the various endings. I'm loving playing as my favorite characters again and it's all very enjoyable. It's just not something I see myself playing again in a few months like I do SCIV.

Amen. Thats exactly how i feel with this game.

Personally, I'm still wondering why anyone would expect Mortal Kombat to be comparable to a game like Soul Calibur. It's like getting pissed off that the latest Judd Apatow movie isn't good enough to be in the running for Best Picture.

Personally, I'm still wondering why anyone would expect Mortal Kombat to be comparable to a game like Soul Calibur. It's like getting pissed off that the latest Judd Apatow movie isn't good enough to be in the running for Best Picture.

Whoa...only 2 of the 4 were any good, and IV fails in comparision to the gameplay in 1. 2 & 3 were duds.

And this is coming from a person who dislikes 98% of 3d fighters.:aetsch:

I know, I was being somewhat glib. It's just that every time a new MK game comes out people seem to complain about it not being some high-level genre reinventing experience when we're talking about a series of games where you do things like beat someone to death with their own leg.

...And their spleen. Don't forget their own spleen! :)

Mk is a retroish game, and its best not trying to be like the others - we'd then complain its not trying to be orginal. See, you mustn't forget that all MK fans are whiners who wouldn't be satisfied if the game gave them Godhood.

I know, I was being somewhat glib. It's just that every time a new MK game comes out people seem to complain about it not being some high-level genre reinventing experience when we're talking about a series of games where you do things like beat someone to death with their own leg.

I guess if UMK3 not have been so good, it wouldnt have set my expectations so high, lol

Whoa...only 2 of the 4 were any good, and IV fails in comparision to the gameplay in 1. 2 & 3 were duds.

And this is coming from a person who dislikes 98% of 3d fighters.:aetsch:

Well, a lot of people would disagree with you about SCII. Most of the people I know like SCII the best of the whole series. Of course, few people I converse with had a Dreamcast. I'll give you that 3 was a dud though.

I still have a DC, and I do much prefer SC1 to SC2. But saying that, I prefer SoulEdge/SoulBlade to SoulCalibur, and SCIV is without a doubt my favourite in the series.

Good to hear about DLC. After playing it, I don't really think Lobo fits, which is a shame but hey. I'll lap up anything they throw at me like an eagar kitten. An overweight one with a beard.