Shoutbox!

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
I have enabled a AJAX Shoutbox to the top of the Forums. Thanks to UltimateMK for the great inspiration, I saw it and realized AJAX chat is finally mature.

I have added it to EVERY forum page. Is it too much, or should it be on the main page only?

Let me know,
Patrick

Last edited:
I have enabled a AJAX Shoutbox to the top of the Forums. Thanks to UltimateMK for the great inspiration, I saw it and realized AJAX chat is finally mature.

I have added it to EVERY forum page. Is it too much, or should it be on the main page only?

Let me know,
Patrick

haha, Mike just added it yesterday because we were saying how well it worked at MortalKombatUnited.com lol

I like it here as well.

Just a couple things:

1. Leave it on all pages so users can follow chat and look at posts

2. add option for users to edit their "shout" (double clicking the shout brings it back to be edited y user)

3. saves colors, fonts, etc changes made by user

4. ability to Privately chat to other members.

but i love it. its awesome :D

While your ideas may or may not be good (like I'd never add Shout editing, it's a chat you can't take back what you said) I don't develop the code that powers the Shoutbox. While I can make changes to it, I don't feel like it's worthy of my time. I'd suggest making feature requests to the developer not to me, because I'd likely delete it before I make changes to it. ;) The author hasn't updated it since 2006 either, so doesn't look to be high on his list of things to do.

I find it works well on multiple pages, easier to stay in the conversation and still move around the site.

Yeah not sure about that, I think I should be able to fix that.

Also does anyone think maybe having a mini-shout box on the front-page of TRMK would be good? I may throw it in later after the new design is done.

Note: The shout bos has censorship... I used a minor swearish word and it let up a load of "*****"s. Wouldn't mind, but we should all be adults here and even MK VS DC is rate Teen and who hasn't heard a teen that has some level of swearing. ^_-

Note: The shout bos has censorship... I used a minor swearish word and it let up a load of "*****"s. Wouldn't mind, but we should all be adults here and even MK VS DC is rate Teen and who hasn't heard a teen that has some level of swearing. ^_-

LOL, you crack me up :mrgreen:

Swearing is NOT ****ing allowed here, god damn it. Shit, what the ****ing **** is wrong with you ****ing people?

LOL @ DCR

****ing swears are not allowed, it's a shitty choice I know but it's for the god damn best, ****ing trust me.

As far as colors, and other stuff, again it's a fairly complex system that I didn't design. So I don't feel like going thru and adding or fixing problems. Actually I can't even find where to select colors, and don't get me started on how much of a pain it'd be to save your last used color. **** as if I don't have enough work on my plate already. (sorry I wanted to swear again, lol)

To be honest I don't normally swear myself, but I pointed it out for a **** load of laughs. :p