Mortal Kombat Trilogy: HD

The Grid

I think that sounds like a great idea. Since computers today got so much more memory and power beyond yesterday's limits, I don't see what would be the problem of porting the original, untouched sprites from Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Imagine very crisp, 60/60 fps realistic 2D fighting game redesigned through the latest technology optimized for HD.

Improvements I'd like to see besides frame rates:

-Stunning intro
-Online play
-*Online Tournament Center- register and participate in online tournaments
-More cheat codes
-No loading time
-7.1 surround sound
-Ability to upload mp3 music and program them to specific stages

Meh. I just thought that'd be great. What you think about MKT: HD

I think that sounds like a great idea. Since computers today got so much more memory and power beyond yesterday's limits, I don't see what would be the problem of porting the original, untouched sprites from Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Imagine very crisp, 60/60 fps realistic 2D fighting game redesigned through the latest technology optimized for HD.

Improvements I'd like to see besides frame rates:

-Stunning intro
-Online play
-*Online Tournament Center- register and participate in online tournaments
-More cheat codes
-No loading time
-7.1 surround sound
-Ability to upload mp3 music and program them to specific stages

Meh. I just thought that'd be great. What you think about MKT: HD

I know this idea has been thrown around in many of the circles of 2d MK fans who want a proper version of what i think SHOULD have been the best 2d MK of all time.

But merely "porting" that version would be the first misstake. You would have to bascially take UMK3, as in the original arcade version, Rv1.2, and start from there.

But there would be a couple basic things that need to be fixed/changed:

1. Remove all bosses, MKI & MKII characters. Re film the characters and frames for all the extra characters to be added (Raiden, Baraka, & Cage (better this time, lol),

2. Fix & balance the game, especially Rain & Noob. Both characters were broke to all hell.

3. Re translate ALL arenas from MK1-UMK3.

4. NO Aggressor mode.

5. curb the AI a bit.

Honestly, as much as I would LOVE this, I still rather have a brand new totally 2-D MK, even featuring characters from the 3-D games, epsecially Kenshi, Havik, Bo Rai Cho, and some others.

Hell even call it UMK4. I dunno. But I hate MKT for what it WASNT. It was and still is such a let down.

All we'll ever get is direct ports on the old games.

Give up hope now - it ain't happening.

I'm only saying that though because the last time I said something won't happen it did (custom characters).

They're on the right track to a 2D MK with MKvDC. Hell, the 3rd dimension was barely needed. I wish they hadn't even had lateral movement and restricted it to directional throws only.

Still, I'm more of a fan of 3D fighters, so I don't know how I would feel about a new 2D MK, or even a dressed up port of an old one.

We asked Hans Lo about the possibility of a remastered MK2 MK3, take all the original digitized characters are redo all the artwork. I know it should get some at-least some improved visuals. The stages that were created could be re-mastered as well if they were scaled down for production. It would be a lot of work, but wouldn't be a massive undertaking. A smaller development team could easily do it, and then keep the focus on not breaking what they had in MK3 that wasn't broke as far as gameplay and balancing.

We asked Hans Lo about the possibility of a remastered MK2 MK3, take all the original digitized characters are redo all the artwork. I know it should get some at-least some improved visuals. The stages that were created could be re-mastered as well if they were scaled down for production. It would be a lot of work, but wouldn't be a massive undertaking. A smaller development team could easily do it, and then keep the focus on not breaking what they had in MK3 that wasn't broke as far as gameplay and balancing.

What was Hans' answer?

Def MKII or UMK3 tho. And it would HAVE to be UMK3. MKII is certainly a classic, but lets face it: it is a slow paced, turtle contest, expecially compared to the fast paced, agressive style of play in UMK3. MK3 is just totally obsolete now in terms of gameplay. UMK3 is bascially just an upgrade of MK3, in essence MK3 Rv3.2 lol

What was Hans' answer?

Def MKII or UMK3 tho. And it would HAVE to be UMK3. MKII is certainly a classic, but lets face it: it is a slow paced, turtle contest, expecially compared to the fast paced, agressive style of play in UMK3. MK3 is just totally obsolete now in terms of gameplay. UMK3 is bascially just an upgrade of MK3, in essence MK3 Rv3.2 lol

I gotta dig up the interview, he didn't quite get what we mean. I plan on asking Ed about it, it would be an interesting project.

I gotta dig up the interview, he didn't quite get what we mean. I plan on asking Ed about it, it would be an interesting project.

Very true, but they could probably make a new 2d MK with about as much work as it would take to "Remix" a old game.

Either way, I'd be on this like ugly on an ape :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Honestly, as much as I would LOVE this, I still rather have a brand new totally 2-D MK, even featuring characters from the 3-D games, epsecially....Bo Rai Cho

Hell even call it UMK4. I dunno. But I hate MKT for what it WASNT. It was and still is such a let down.

Fail on first part of quote. >_>

Who cares if it was a let down, it's still an awsome game...

Yes, but it fell flat with what it SHOULD have been, therefore I hate it. ;) (yet i still own both versions lol)

IT could of been worse....

U. Sub could've been like his MK3 counter-part, same for Kabal and Jax...you get the point.

And luckily Noob and Rain sucked. >________________>

Seriously, I enjoy this game...I just ban the four bosses plus the Noob and Rain (Chameleon too)

Noob and Rain don't suck. Hell some of their moves are practically broken, especially Noob Saibot's. Also what do you mena they could have been like their MK3 counterparts? Isn't MKT basically UMK3? Or are we talking balance here...I don't do balance.

Noob and Rain don't suck. Hell some of their moves are practically broken, especially Noob Saibot's. Also what do you mena they could have been like their MK3 counterparts? Isn't MKT basically UMK3? Or are we talking balance here...I don't do balance.

Rain & Noob are freakishly broken. Almost to the point of pure insanity.

He's talking about U.Sub could have been the MK3 U.Sub, the one which the broken ice clone. And I dont get the Kabal and Jax part. Kabal was supposed to have been toned down from MK3 to UMK3, but it was hardly noticable. But yet U.Sub went from God tier in that game to high low tier, and Kabal practically stayed on top.

Rain & Noob are freakishly broken. Almost to the point of pure insanity.

He's talking about U.Sub could have been the MK3 U.Sub, the one which the broken ice clone. And I dont get the Kabal and Jax part. Kabal was supposed to have been toned down from MK3 to UMK3, but it was hardly noticable. But yet U.Sub went from God tier in that game to high low tier, and Kabal practically stayed on top.

We would need you guys as directors, since I got lost somewhere in the outworld after MKII. Playing UMK3 and MKT seems okay to me. I certainly don't see the errors like you guys do.

I know this idea has been thrown around in many of the circles of 2d MK fans who want a proper version of what i think SHOULD have been the best 2d MK of all time.

But merely "porting" that version would be the first misstake. You would have to bascially take UMK3, as in the original arcade version, Rv1.2, and start from there.

But there would be a couple basic things that need to be fixed/changed:

1. Remove all bosses, MKI & MKII characters. Re film the characters and frames for all the extra characters to be added (Raiden, Baraka, & Cage (better this time, lol),

2. Fix & balance the game, especially Rain & Noob. Both characters were broke to all hell.

3. Re translate ALL arenas from MK1-UMK3.

4. NO Aggressor mode.

5. curb the AI a bit.

Im right there with you Tim. Just what you said. Take UMK3 Rev1.2 and then add arcade quality MK1 MK2 and MK3 backgrounds. And NEW Sprints for the characters that aren't in UMK3. And balance the game. I say call it Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

Last edited: