Resurrecting The Grid

Patrick McCarron

TRMK Admin, Co-founder
Staff member
I'm starting up a project of my own to increase The Grid's awareness on the internet. There isn't much out there anymore, besides our The Grid Guide, so I hope to put up even more to increase exposure.

I hope to have videos, new pictures, old websites, etc all returned so we can get this great game some attention it deserves.

Yeah it'd be great on XBLA. I'd start a petition too if it did anything. Maybe I'll start one after the new site is up and running.

Here are the three The Grid machines I may be buying here soon.

web.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some YouTube videos of gameplay.

(I think I'm in there somewhere, it was filmed at a tournament)

I wish I had time for a party. Sadly I don't have the room for it, so I think one cabinet will be in my garage along with my car I store for the winter. I sadly wont be able to play all 3 at once until spring probably, unless I can find a friend's house to store the cabinets for the winter and allow us to play it on.

I wish I had time for a party. Sadly I don't have the room for it, so I think one cabinet will be in my garage along with my car I store for the winter. I sadly wont be able to play all 3 at once until spring probably, unless I can find a friend's house to store the cabinets for the winter and allow us to play it on.

Columbus isnt far ;) lol jk

Awesome Pat. Good for you and thank you for reviving this way over looked game.

Im a huge "The Grid" Fan. Ive been searching the web for years now on a single cab or a pcb board. Cant find either. Ive found a couple people with 3 cab combos but its costly and takes up alot of room.

I found a guy right now that has 3, if someone wanted to get 1 or 2 of them i bet we could work out a deal where it was cheap for both of us.

If I could just find the single PCB board I could turn it into a full game that would work and play on my TV. Id install the pcb inside a custom control box that I would make, which would look like an updated "the grid" control panel. Anyway, Im here to help in any way to help get this game noticed. We need it on PSN and Xbox Live, online would be awesome.

Hey Patrick...Do you have any videos playing as Noob Saibot, Scorpion and Sub-Zero?

Last edited:
Thanks, Pat!

That reminded me when I saw The Grid cabinets on eBay about a year ago. I haven't seen them back since.

Im a huge "The Grid" Fan. Ive been searching the web for years now on a single cab or a pcb board. Cant find either. Ive found a couple people with 3 cab combos but its costly and takes up alot of room.

I found a guy right now that has 3, if someone wanted to get 1 or 2 of them i bet we could work out a deal where it was cheap for both of us.

If I could just find the single PCB board I could turn it into a full game that would work and play on my TV. Id install the pcb inside a custom control box that I would make, which would look like an updated "the grid" control panel. Anyway, Im here to help in any way to help get this game noticed. We need it on PSN and Xbox Live, online would be awesome.

Hey Patrick...Do you have any videos playing as Noob Saibot, Scorpion and Sub-Zero?

Sadly I haven't found any PCBs ever. And I've looked. I now own three cabinets. The thing about The Grid is you'd need to build a custom control board for it, as the trackball + joystick + keypad combo to all be done properly. Not impossible, just expensive.

Also the game is Medium Resolution, where most arcade games are Standard Resolution. So you'd need the right equipment to be able to display that.

On that note I've envisioned networking them over the internet with Firewire to Ethernet + some software. The lag may be unbearable though. It's also problematic with the daisy chain setup.

Thanks, Pat!

That reminded me when I saw The Grid cabinets on eBay about a year ago. I haven't seen them back since.

I love your signature. I heard that for the first time this weekend when I was playing it. I came back from 6 down with 6 kills in a row, and it got down to one hit left on both of us. I lost. First time I had played it in years, but the seller has played it quite a bit since he bought it.

I hope to get the one cabinet moved to my house this week. I can then capture video fairly easily, I may not be able to investigate direct feed video until spring when I have more room in the garage to move the cabinet around and get behind it.

Yea, Playing online against each other would be sweet. If we could show enough interests maybe just maybe we could get it for PSN and xbox live, or maybe with the next Midway Arcade Treasures release?

Yea, if I made a control box with "the grid" inside, I would build the box just like the arcade using the same brand of controls etc...The overlay would be a little different showing sub-zero and scorpion or something, but the spacing and controls would be the exact same, and I would build in a convertor so I could plug it into my big screen TV, yea it would be costly, thats why I haven't dont it yet, Im still trying to find a cabinet and go that route.

Congrats on your machines, Im jealous...lol

I got a new video for everyone today, the game's end credits.

Get the Flash Player to see this player.

HAHA, Ed Boon looks kinda like Adam Sandler.

I got to see your name Patrick under Thanks Go To, very kool.

Now lets seem some Ninja Action!

I got to see your name Patrick under Thanks Go To, very kool.

Now lets seem some Ninja Action!

My name is in the credits? Really?? ;) (yeah I know, finally got a picture of it after all these years and all it took was buying the arcade machine!)

I'm still working on unlocking the Ninjas. Only having single player, it takes a bit longer.